• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Questions: crossing into Spain; open alburgues

LynneR

Time of past OR future Camino
CF '16, '18
Hello- I apologize if I am duplicating questions from another thread, but I'm looking for input during this uncertain time.

Since the recent possibly of a camino is so sudden, I can only do a short hike on such short notice....so I'm thinking about the CP later this summer. I have a couple questions I hoping some of you can answer...(BTW, I would begin on the coast then cross over to the main path). So if you have been on the CP recently or have some knowledge about these issues I would appreciate your help.

1. Is it easy to walk from Portugal into Spain if I have a vaccination card, or do I need to get a COVID test or go through some other process as I enter a new country? (I imagine this situation is fluid)
2. Are enough facilities open on the CP that I would easily find a place to stay each night?

Thanks for your input!
Lynne

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
As it is now (and I don’t think it will change) you can walk across the border into Galicia (Spain) as you could before. No paperwork needed.
No PCR needed?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi everyone, does anyone know how is it now? Do I need a PCR / antigen test to cross the borders from Portugal to Spain on CP? I am a EU citizen however without complete vaccination (yet). Thank you!

Hi everyone, does anyone know how is it now? Do I need a PCR / antigen test to cross the borders from Portugal to Spain on CP? I am a EU citizen however without complete vaccination (yet). Thank you!
I am pretty sure you can just walk across the border and that there are no controls at all. I have not personally been to Portugal and seen this myself, but this is what I hear on the news here in Galicia.

I am pretty sure you can just walk across the border and that there are no controls at all. I have not personally been to Portugal and seen this myself, but this is what I hear on the news here in Galicia.
I crossed the bridge in Irun on the 21st and was asked by the french police about my PCR. It was outdated, but they let me pass.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum