Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Recommendations for Dornella (camino de invierno)

Isabella Sinocort

Time of past OR future Camino
I am planning to do the Camino next month (September 2017) with my dad after finishing my MSc degree
Hey! Can someone recommend me a place to stay for the night that offers a double room? I have just found casa de Leiras and it only offers shared room. It could also be some place between Dornellas and San Miguel de Castro. Cheers!!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I was that website already but I wonder if you have any personal recommendation as I dont find anything else on the internet

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi, Isabella,

I have stayed at The Victorino in Bandeira, and Cruceiro and Rios in Ponte Ulla. Nothing special, all were fine. I don´t think you're likely to find anything else, as Gronze is quite complete in my experience. I have never stayed in Pazo dos Galegos, but I have been there and got a little tour by one of the owners. It is quite nice, and is about a 10 minute walk downhill from the albergue in Outeiro.
Buen camino, Laurie

Both times I've stayed in Cruceiro in Ponte Ulla I got single room (without sheets though but with en-suite bathroom and towels) for only 10€. And it was exactly the same one both times :)

Municipal albergue in Bandeira isn't that bad at all with completely equipped kitchen. It's not really crowded because it's kind of a in the middle of the stage so very possibly you wouldn't have to share the dorm at all.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Today when I was having some embutidos snd bread since I arrived too late for lunch in any restaurant, I commented to the bartender that the bread was really good and wondered if it was from the...
I just received an email from Rosa cancelling our reservation there for this coming August. (Personal reasons, she said. I hope everything is ok.) Any recommendations for a place to stay nearby?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back