• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

regular bus service Pamplona - SJPdP

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi,
My sister and I are arriving in Madrid May 15 and taking train to pamploma. Hoping to take bus to SJPdP, but link wouldn't allow a distination to SJPdP. Seems Like I read bus does'nt start service until May. Could that be my problem? We're so excited, and have so many questions. I love this forum !!

Rhonda from Calif. USA

Thank you Jochen for finding this!

Try this link instead: http://www.alsa.es/en/buy-and-schedules/international/?searchType=international

The bus runs daily (even on Sundays and holidays), leaving Pamplona at 1400 hours (2:00pm), arriving into SJPP at 1545 hours (3:45pm). The cost is €20 per person. You can buy your ticket at the ALSA ticket window at the Pamplona bus station (although the bus is Conda, I think).

This is a very exciting addition to the bus service along the Camino...who do we have to thank for this?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Has anyone had trouble buying tickets on the ALSA website? Every time I try to pay I get a message saying that there was an issue with my bank. I've tried a Mastercard and my debit card. The bank says there is no problem on their end. Any suggestions? The 14:00 tickets from Pamplona to SJPP would be perfect for me and I'm leaving in about 3 weeks! Thanks!

cwallis1 said:
Has anyone had trouble buying tickets on the ALSA website? Every time I try to pay I get a message saying that there was an issue with my bank. I've tried a Mastercard and my debit card. The bank says there is no problem on their end. Any suggestions? The 14:00 tickets from Pamplona to SJPP would be perfect for me and I'm leaving in about 3 weeks! Thanks!

I have had this problem many times with Alsa. Usually the answer is to use http://www.movelia.es instead of the Alsa site, but I can't seem to get it to take 'Saint Jean Pied de Port' as an international destination.

If you are coming in through the Madrid airport, you could buy your ticket there (Terminal 4, I think) before you board your flight/bus/train to Pamplona. Then if that doesn't work, you can buy the ticket at the Alsa counter in Pamplona - just do that as soon as possible, as I suspect the buses will be filling up as the season progresses.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Does anyone know the ALSA station address in SJPP? I can't seem to find it and want to see where it is in relation to the pilgrim's office and my hostel. Thanks!

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back