• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

RENFE Schedule Not Posted for June 15th

SuGardner

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances - June/July 2013. Walking again June/July 2015
I was under the impression that the RENFE train schedules are posted 62 days in advance.

We are trying to make train reservations from Madrid to Barcelona for June 15th (52 days away) and the train schedules are not out yet.

Does anyone have an intel on this?

Thanks!!!
Susan

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I live in France and just looked at the RENFE site for your date and itinerary and there are a number of trains listed.

You might be under the impression that Renfe train schedules are posted 62 days in advance.

My observation is that Renfe does not share your impression.

Last year the June schedule for a particular Trenhotel was not updated until three weeks prior to a pilgrim's date of travel.

I wouldn't worry. There are currently at least 10 trains per day from Madrid to Barcelona and the schedule, when it is posted for June, will likely reflect that level of service. I'm sure you'll be able to get a seat at the last moment if needs be.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Susan,

They have tickets listed on 'raileurope.com' (which is managed by the French SNCF), but it seems you can't get very far unless you select France or some other EU country (not UK) as your language/location on the top right hand corner.

Tickets are currently listed at about €112 for mid-June, which is about the same price listed on the Renfe site for mid-May. I'm not actually sure if you can buy the tickets yet (I clicked on a few options and it said 'seats already taken', which might be the case, although I suspect it just means they're not yet available, as they don't usually list sold seats!) - anyway you might want to check it out, for no other reason than it might give you a good idea of times and prices...

Thanks Jan_D for checking. We are really hoping to get some of the discounted seats on the RENFE site...more like 50Euros (or, even less). I guess I will just keep checking their site everyday. Now, it has become part of my daily 'to-do' list. :)

June 15th is after the early/mid June change of schedule and RENFE isn't (always) quick uploading the new schedule. Keep checking, they'll end uploading the new one but I can't tell you when because it seems it varies depending on the year. Be patient, everyone will be on the same situation than you so don't worry (even if it ends May and tickets aren't on sale yet) and keep checking the sales area of the RENFE web.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I was under the impression that the RENFE train schedules are posted 62 days in advance.

We are trying to make train reservations from Madrid to Barcelona for June 15th (52 days away) and the train schedules are not out yet.

Thanks!!!
Susan

For what it is worth, I was looking to book the RENFE train from Madrid to Sarria on 7 May 2015. RENFE posted the schedule for the 7 May train on 17 April 2015. That is only 21 days. Loco2 (the folks I booked my tickets through) said that they had seen RENFE post schedules as late as 14 days in advance. I guess the word here is “when in Rome….”

Thanks!!!
Susan
Keep checking, they just put up the schedule for June 6 five days ago. Also they posted it piecemeal. About 7 days ago theyposted some trains. I panicked because the time I thought would be best wasn't there. I was all ready to make a bus reservation and thought I would check one more and the full schedule was up. I used paypal and everything worked perfectly! Liz

Hi Susan,

They have tickets listed on 'raileurope.com' (which is managed by the French SNCF), but it seems you can't get very far unless you select France or some other EU country (not UK) as your language/location on the top right hand corner.

Tickets are currently listed at about €112 for mid-June, which is about the same price listed on the Renfe site for mid-May. I'm not actually sure if you can buy the tickets yet (I clicked on a few options and it said 'seats already taken', which might be the case, although I suspect it just means they're not yet available, as they don't usually list sold seats!) - anyway you might want to check it out, for no other reason than it might give you a good idea of times and prices...

Regarding RailEurope, you should know that just because they have tickets listed (with prices) it doesn't mean you can actually purchase them. We are traveling to Spain this summer and recently ordered tickets through RailEurope for a June 15 trip from Barcelona to Madrid (the tickets were not available through Renfe at the time we placed our order - which should have been a clue to us that the tickets could not be purchased yet :confused:). When we placed the order, we received an e-mail from RailEurope indicating that they could not complete our order yet because the requisite train schedules were not yet loaded and might not be loaded until early May. Evidently, by placing an order for tickets we were only placing a "request" that they would process once the schedules were fully loaded. The e-mail went on to say that the prices could change, as could the train times.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back