• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Reservations at Orisson ‘24

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2019
Portugues 2023
Frances 2024
Traveling to SJPdP with spouse in April ‘24.
Discovered online reservation system with calendar. This didn’t exist in’19. Online calendar implies no beds in the month of April. Is this possible!?!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
You are correct that the online reservation system is recent. The fact that it doesn't show availability for next April is because they haven't opened up bookings for any dates in 2024 yet. If you look at the rest of 2024 you will see that all dates are blocked out. April is tricky though - in the past they didn't accept reservations for the first week or so because of the uncertainty of the weather at that time of year.

There is a recent thread about booking at Auberge Borda, and it was discovered that their bookings for 2024 will open up in December.

You are correct that the online reservation system is recent. The fact that it doesn't show availability for next April is because they haven't opened up bookings for any dates in 2024 yet. If you look at the rest of 2024 you will see that all dates are blocked out. April is tricky though - in the past they didn't accept reservations for the first week or so because of the uncertainty of the weather at that time of year.

There is a recent thread about booking at Auberge Borda, and it was discovered that their bookings for 2024 will open up in December.
In 2019 I stayed at Orisson. I sent an email reservation request 3 months before the start of 2019, then kept emailing through the first few weeks from the new year.

I’m good on waiting. I just wanted to make sure the rules hadn’t changed. Muchas gracias! 👣🎒💕

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hola @Amachant Sending an email three (3) months in advance might appear to be a bit of "overkill". When I made my booking (for May 2017) I sent them an email (in both French and English - thanks Google Chrome) advising my preferred dates. It took about a week for them to respond, but they did come back with advice about payment. Trecile's advice about weather conditions on the Napoleon in early April is very sound, any adverse weather may keep the route closed until early May. My suggestion, send them an email but have a back up plan of via Valcarlos. Buen Camino.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hola @Amachant Sending an email three (3) months in advance might appear to be a bit of "overkill". When I made my booking (for May 2017) I sent them an email (in both French and English - thanks Google Chrome) advising my preferred dates. It took about a week for them to respond, but they did come back with advice about payment
You no longer reserve Orisson via email. They ask that you use the reservation function on their website.

Have you also looked at Borda? Much nicer accomodations and facilities, wonderful communal meal in the evening, as well as breakfast in the morning. (yes, I have stayed at both places)
Both places do not take reservations yet for 2024.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
In 2019 I stayed at Orisson. I sent an email reservation request 3 months before the start of 2019, then kept emailing through the first few weeks from the new year.

I’m good on waiting. I just wanted to make sure the rules hadn’t changed. Muchas gracias! 👣🎒💕
They open for reservations in November.

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back