• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Reservations at Orisson in June

ladywalker#1

Time of past OR future Camino
June 2014
Hola everybody! I went to the Orisson site refuge.orisson and saw nothing beyond the home page really. There were phone numbers to call. I'm assuming this is because I heard it doesn't open until April. Does anyone know when they start taking reservations? Should I call or just wait? My flight leaves jun 16 and I was going to stay in Pamplona on 17th and go to Orisson next day. If I call do the operators speak English? I speak no French.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hola everybody! I went to the Orisson site refuge.orisson and saw nothing beyond the home page really. There were phone numbers to call. I'm assuming this is because I heard it doesn't open until April. Does anyone know when they start taking reservations? Should I call or just wait? My flight leaves jun 16 and I was going to stay in Pamplona on 17th and go to Orisson next day. If I call do the operators speak English? I speak no French.
Hello , I looked on google for albergue Orisson , than you fill in the reservation you can do this in English. In this ay I did my reservation for the 18th. of April . I wish you a Buen Camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Dear Ladywalker, we were just doing the same for April 1. You need to go into his website and he has a contact form to fill out and you will hear back in a few days. We were not able to make a reservation for that date because of not knowing the weather conditions.

I have a very basic question. In the opinion of the veterans on this forum, is Auberge Orisson the best or only Orisson refuge in which to stay? I did not find another refuge listed in Brierley.

Other questions for the vets. My son and I are departing SJPDP on 11 April, in other words, the very early Spring. What if there is snow that would make the Napoleon Route unsafe? Does the Auberge Orisson owner accept reservation cancellations due to force majeure (weather)?

Assuming that the Napoleon route is unsafe and we decide to take the lower route via Valcarlos to Roncevalles, would someone provide their recommendations in regards to the three accommodation possibilities listed in Brierley? How have you covered your bets when planning your Camino's first day of departure from SJPDP?

I am thinking that my old body and jet lag will make it inadvisable to try to trek to Roncevalles on the first day.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have a very basic question. In the opinion of the veterans on this forum, is Auberge Orisson the best or only Orisson refuge in which to stay? I did not find another refuge listed in Brierley.

Other questions for the vets. My son and I are departing SJPDP on 11 April, in other words, the very early Spring. What if there is snow that would make the Napoleon Route unsafe? Does the Auberge Orisson owner accept reservation cancellations due to force majeure (weather)?

Assuming that the Napoleon route is unsafe and we decide to take the lower route via Valcarlos to Roncevalles, would someone provide their recommendations in regards to the three accommodation possibilities listed in Brierley? How have you covered your bets when planning your Camino's first day of departure from SJPDP?

I am thinking that my old body and jet lag will make it inadvisable to try to trek to Roncevalles on the first day.

Hi Joe from Texas: Orrison is the ONLY accommodation. If you are going to go over the Pyrenees, I would highly recommend that you reserve a place there. The atmosphere is warm and hospitable and a cozy way to get your camino started. Plus, it's a hard walk from SJPP (even though it's not that far in Km) and so you will feel like you did a good first day's walk. Hope the weather cooperates!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
... is Auberge Orisson the best or only Orisson refuge in which to stay? I did not find another refuge listed in Brierley.

Orisson consists of the refuge and nothing else, in short Orisson isn't a village, it is 'just' the albergue.
The pilgrim office in SJPDP will advice you about the current state of the way and which route to take.
If the route is closed, the aubergue is, most likely, also closed.

Hope that helps and Buen Camino! SY

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

Hey all , as in approaching the Camino from Sarria I didn’t find yet the basic equipment nor the alojamiento from sarria to santiago, I have booked just in Santiago some days but I’m becoming...
Several local news websites are reporting that in very bad weather a few days ago a pilgrim was found lost and confused walking the shoulder of the AP-1 highway near Burgos. Aiming for Burgos but...
I wasn't sure I was going to post "live from the Camino" for this Camino. I'm happy to do so on my solo Caminos, but when I am walking with family, my focus is a little elsewhere and I am mindful...
@Monasp has just posted two tables of statistics from the SJPDP pilgrim office on their Facebook account. Numbers of different nationalities recorded so far this year: the USA being the largest...
I've been reading about the different routes etc and I have seen that the longest route is over a month, but also that some people just walk for a weekend or a few days or a week. I want to do a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back