• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Roncasvellas to Santiago in 28 - 29 days

astrom

Is Roncasvellas to Santiago doable in 28 - 29 days? I've heard that it has been done it that time & hope to do it in that time frame myself. I will listen to my body & mind as I progress. Is anybody starting the Camino on 26th July?

Sussi

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
astrom said:
Is Roncasvellas to Santiago doable in 28 - 29 days? I've heard that it has been done it that time & hope to do it in that time frame myself. I will listen to my body & mind as I progress. Is anybody starting the Camino on 26th July?

Sussi

It is surely doable. Most people I met were walking it in 28 days from St. Jean. Ofcourse it depens on your physical abilities and mental strenght.

And if it's to hard you can always do an etappe by train/bus.

Good luck and buen camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Your plan is a bit faster than "standard." This is the plan profile from the Pilgrim Office in St.-Jean-Pied-de-Port.

Attachments

• FAABAF77d01.pdf
    210.2 KB · Views: 212
I did Roncesvalles-Santiago in 27 days. I had no injuries, only one or two blisters, no other problems. So, if you remain healthy and able to walk comfortably, I think that 28-29 days would be fine.

hi ya suzzi

i will be starting from sjpdp to santiago on 27th july and i am also planning on 28/29 days to finish it. Its my first time and am starting to look forward to it, i might meet you along the road. am planning on sleeping under the stars with just a light sleeping bag and a mat most nights or if the weather is good! Am travelling alone and hopefully it should be a laugh as well as tough and all the rest of it. its a great feeling not knowing what to expext or who you might meet, what could happen..... My reason for the pilgrimage is simply that i fancy going for a long walk and weather i finish or not is down to the powers that be. Have a good one suzzi

Gary.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You'll be fine. My only recommendation would be to collapse some of the later stages, once you're used to walking, and also so you don't get too far ahead of the great friends you'll make along the way.

--Neil

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
astrom said:

Sussi

depend how fit you are, it is about 28 km per day ( 5 houres of walking daily) .
Me and my wife started Camino from SJPdP on 24 of aprill and finished 20th of may. Some days we walked 40 km , other days only 15km. But for most of the time it was cold and raining, and becouse of that there was nothing else to do but walk.

buen camino
jeremy

Hi all, will share my experiences upon my return home. Gary, enjoy your walk & maybe we'll meet along the way. I'm walking on my own too & doing this walk to give myself timeout to journey within myself to figure out which direction I wish my life to go.

Cheers,
Sussi

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
depend how fit you are, it is about 28 km per day ( 5 houres of walking daily) .
Me and my wife started Camino from SJPdP on 24 of aprill and finished 20th of may. Some days we walked 40 km , other days only 15km. But for most of the time it was cold and raining, and becouse of that there was nothing else to do but walk.

hey jeremy - that was valuable info for me, about, when it's raining - just keep walking - you're right - there isn't much else to do!

I'm aiming to go St Jean to Santiago in 31-32 days - but taking the first week a little slower to body & mind get in tune with the Camino.....then you can add extra km's as your body atunes! By doing that it means "hopefully" it will allow me a rest day but I'm also keeping things as flexible as possible. I'm Only going to Orisson on day one and therefore split the difficult Pyrenees crossing to Ronscavalles over 2 days - I call it "being kind to me" :D

i'm already pretty fit and do 5-6hr walks on Sat or Sun already - so given I'm not doing the camino until end of Sept - I feel i'll be in good shape. But I have wondered about the really rainy days as I'm not much for just sitting inside - so those days I'm happy to slosh along and cover more ground and keep warmer by moving!

Thanks for your note on my Camino Heartbeat forum :D

Cheers
Jacqui

Most read last week in this forum

A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and there's one bit of it that worries me. The descent from Collado de Lepoeder to Roncesvalles seems quite steep (according to the Wise Pilgrim app) which...
We are in SJPP today While we were standing in line today, one of my pilgrims met 3 people from Taiwan, who could not find a bed. He said he also saw several people on their phones, frantically...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back