• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Rota Vicentina Video

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Here's the video from our time on the RV:

Beautiful video, great blog! This is a gold mine for those like shefollowsshells, who will be following in your footsteps, though in the opposite direction.

Can I pick your brain a bit? I will be in Portugal in mid February and have a week before I start to work to go someplace fun. My husband wants to head to the coast, and Tavira is the part of the Algarve I like the best. But now the costa vicentina seems like a good choice.... If you were going to spend some time in one of the places along the Fisherman's Way, where would you say has the best opportunity for day hikes, nice views, etc? I have spent time in Vila Nova de Milfontes, but I'm thinking further south might be nice. Thanks much, Laurie

@peregrina2000
Not sure how much help we can be. The towns are all small and some of the resources were closing the first of November and others December and we don't know when they plan to re-open in the spring. We really like the place we stayed about 3k south of Odeceixe. If you have a car, perhaps staying in a larger town and and driving 20k and finding a loop trail would work. There were so many country roads and we met a couple who were day hiking along as they drove the coast. Sagres has a couple nice places to stay and a couple of restaurants and not far from Lagos. Lagos has many nice restaurants in the historical area and perhaps other areas. We stayed in a nice place there too, but being busier might be harder to get out of town by car to hike--just more traffic. The bus system is quite good as well. And taxis too. If you have a specific question please ask. Not really knowing your likes/dislikes it's hard to help. We just find the area physically stunning and the people so kind and generous.

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
@peregrina2000
Not sure how much help we can be. The towns are all small and some of the resources were closing the first of November and others December and we don't know when they plan to re-open in the spring. We really like the place we stayed about 3k south of Odeceixe. If you have a car, perhaps staying in a larger town and and driving 20k and finding a loop trail would work. There were so many country roads and we met a couple who were day hiking along as they drove the coast. Sagres has a couple nice places to stay and a couple of restaurants and not far from Lagos. Lagos has many nice restaurants in the historical area and perhaps other areas. We stayed in a nice place there too, but being busier might be harder to get out of town by car to hike--just more traffic. The bus system is quite good as well. And taxis too. If you have a specific question please ask. Not really knowing your likes/dislikes it's hard to help. We just find the area physically stunning and the people so kind and generous.
Hey there! Heading there in March!
I watch (or share) this video daily, I love showing people what will be walking!
Do you remember where you stayed "3K South from Odeceixe"? Can I hope it included some awesome night of food?
My birthday will be on day four heading North and I think it will be in this location. Would love to hear any info you can share.
Thank you!

We stayed at Monte João Roupeiro. They do not have dinner but you can use the kitchen. We got a big late lunch on Odeceixe and just carried some stuff for a light dinner. The breakfast was amazing. You can find lodging of each nights stay in our blog.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
We stayed at Monte João Roupeiro. They do not have dinner but you can use the kitchen. We got a big late lunch on Odeceixe and just carried some stuff for a light dinner. The breakfast was amazing. You can find lodging of each nights stay in our blog.
A huge thanks to you!
North Carolina will be present on the RV in March once again...:)

Rota Vincentiva is a gem..,,

Last edited by a moderator:

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back