A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

ryanair at Stansted vs Easyjet at Gatwick

Camino Badges

BHS

Camino(s) past & future
plan to walk late summer/early fall 2019
Hi.... I will arrive in London Heathrow late August and spend night one night there. Which is best to use the next day to fly to Biarritz?:: Ryan air out of Stansted or EasyJet out of Gatwick? Both seem to leave roughly same time from London.

Telboyo

Camino(s) past & future
I intend to leave the UK the day Before Brexit and walkMarch -April 2019 Camino Frances
easyJet every time, Ryanair keep changing the rules on carry on baggage. easyJet only let you carry one piece of hand baggage unless you buy a priority ticket, that means no handbag or laptop bag. There is a hack, goto the check-in desk and ask for "Hands free" for 6 GBP. they will then put your bag in the hold , give you priority boarding and let you have a handbag/laptop bag. No hassles with security either. Also your bags are unloaded first.

Calisteve

Camino(s) past & future
June 16 CF
July 17 CF with my son (aged 14)
July 18 CP with my wife
Absolutely - Easyjet every time if you have the choice. Stansted last year was a nightmare with queues snaking around the airport and then they charged another £100 per person to get on the next flight.

Ferga

Camino(s) past & future
30th /31st May (2019) from Roncesvalles
Hi.... I will arrive in London Heathrow late August and spend night one night there. Which is best to use the next day to fly to Biarritz?:: Ryan air out of Stansted or EasyJet out of Gatwick? Both seem to leave roughly same time from London.
Hi, Easyjet every time!! Also bear in mind how very! far Stansted is from London ( nearly in Cambridge!). Gatwick is accessible from central London, Victoria station by train, every 10 mins or so. Takes about 25 mins on a normal train, without buying the expensive exclusive 'Gatwick Express' train (at least 2x expensive! about 5 to 10 mins faster)

gerip

Camino(s) past & future
CF, Lourdes to Burgos, Oct 2018
CF, Burgos to Santiago, May 2019
Primitivo, Oct 2019
Wish I had known that a few weeks ago.

BHS

Camino(s) past & future
plan to walk late summer/early fall 2019
Thank you, thank you! EasyJet at Gatwick will be it! Many thanks for the good feedback.

Glenshiro

Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy - León, Camino Frances (2012 - 2019)
I agree that easyJet is the clear winner, especially as their flight arrives at Biarritz at 15:45, in time to catch the last train to St Jean PdP.

Note that there are no flights to Biarritz between 23 - 26 August inclusive, because of the G7 summit.

If you are only spending one night in the UK, I suggest you find a hotel or B&B near Gatwick: it's not the most scenic area, but most of them will organise a transfer to the airport for you if you just want someone to lay your head for the night

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.5%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 155 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%