A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Buy any book, get free camino shell

Salvador to Del Norte to Ruta do Mar July 2018

Camino(s) past & future
The Camino Frances 2005
The Portugese Camino 2014
The Camino Ingles Easter 2015
The Camino Ingles April 2016
The Camino del Norte/The Primitivo 2016
My back is packed and I'm already for Friday morning when I start walking the Salvador from Leon. My plan is to walk the Salvador to Ovido, continue to Aviles on Del Norte and then to Ribadeo and from there walk the Ruta do Mar to Ferrol. I have read Magwoods blog and posts form Dave, Tia Valeria, Peregrina 2000 and Allan Sykes, but I'm not so confident that I can find my way without the yellow arrows. It will be quiet a challenge for me! There is a GR route, but it is only halfway so a bus to Ferrol will be an option if I can't find my way. I don't know how to attach GPS files to my phone and I do not really want to walk about with my phone in my hand trying to see the screen.
It will be quiet an adventure!
Than you to all of you who have posted your experiences form the Salvador and Ruta do Mar. It has been a great help in my planning.
It would be lovely to meet some of you from the Forum on the Camino!

Camino(s) past & future
Francés, Inglés, Fisterra/Muxia, Baztanés x2, Primitivo, Norte, Portugués & hopefully many more.
How exciting! That sounds like a dream combination. Wishing you a Buen Camino.

Dave

Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 2002; most recent: Via Podiensis 2015
My back is packed and I'm already for Friday morning when I start walking the Salvador from Leon. My plan is to walk the Salvador to Ovido, continue to Aviles on Del Norte and then to Ribadeo and from there walk the Ruta do Mar to Ferrol. I have read Magwoods blog and posts form Dave, Tia Valeria, Peregrina 2000 and Allan Sykes, but I'm not so confident that I can find my way without the yellow arrows. It will be quiet a challenge for me!
Hi Ekelund-

Would love to hear about your experience when you're back! There aren't too many of us with firsthand accounts to draw upon for the Mar. Hope you had / are having a good walk.

Dave

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
I have only just found this thread. Hoping it went well and feedback would be good.

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
My back is packed and I'm already for Friday morning when I start walking the Salvador from Leon. My plan is to walk the Salvador to Ovido, continue to Aviles on Del Norte and then to Ribadeo and from there walk the Ruta do Mar to Ferrol. I have read Magwoods blog and posts form Dave, Tia Valeria, Peregrina 2000 and Allan Sykes, but I'm not so confident that I can find my way without the yellow arrows. It will be quiet a challenge for me! There is a GR route, but it is only halfway so a bus to Ferrol will be an option if I can't find my way. I don't know how to attach GPS files to my phone and I do not really want to walk about with my phone in my hand trying to see the screen.
It will be quiet an adventure!
Than you to all of you who have posted your experiences form the Salvador and Ruta do Mar. It has been a great help in my planning.
It would be lovely to meet some of you from the Forum on the Camino!
Hi @Ekelund ,
You can of course walk Ingles from Ferrol to SdC but there is another option. If you walk/ride through A Coruna to Malpica there starts Camiño dos Faros (http://www.caminodosfaros.com/etapas/) that goes all the way to Muxia (and further) where you can head back to SdC directly or through Fisterra.

Buen Camino!

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.6%
  • May

Votes: 188 24.6%