• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Santiago- pension with a tub?

shefollowsshells

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Several alone and with children
we are three days away from Santiago, we've been on the Camino for almost three months and super excited....
Tonight one of the gals in our auberge asked if there is an " inexpensive" hotel, pension private room with a bath tub in Santiago. She said she has googled to no avail and I told her I knew who to ask:)
Any recommendations or ideas,
Thanks in advance!
Neve

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
we are three days away from Santiago, we've been on the Camino for almost three months and super excited....
Tonight one of the gals in our auberge asked if there is an " inexpensive" hotel, pension private room with a bath tub in Santiago. She said she has googled to no avail and I told her I knew who to ask:)
Thanks in advance!
Neve

Hi you troopers!! And safe arrival!

Hotel Avenida...search no more...not super trendy but it has a tub, very central though quiet. Close to busstop airport too.
Sharp price.

https://www.hotelscombined.com/Hotel/Hotel_Avenida_Santiago_de_Compostela.htm

Not all rooms have tubs...ask specifically.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
On the last stretch, on the last day, in Lavacolla, near the airport, Hotel Garcas has rooms with two double beds and full bathtubs. It is clean, and safe, albeit out of Santiago. It IS on the airport bus route. In fact, the last stop before the terminal is in front of Hotel Garcas.

I regularly stay there on my last night before walking into Santiago. If you are sharing a room, it is not expensive. They also have a coin laundry. There is a cafe / bar and a restaurant. If you stay there, say hello to Franco, the parrot for me.

You rejoin the Camino about 150 meters west of the hotel, in the village of Lavacolla. The walk from there to the Cathedral is perhaps 2.5 - 3.0 hours. I use this scheme it to get to the Pilgrim Office and the Cathedral in time for the noon Pilgrim Mass with no stress.

Leaving the hotel about 07:00, I walk into Santiago, drop my rucksack at my customary paid lodgings literally on the way in, stop by the Pilgrim Office around 10:00 (before the pre-Mass surge), then make it to the Cathedral by 11:00, plenty of time to score a good seat under the transepts, where the Botafumeiro flies over your head. Unless you are walking in July or August, you should not even crack a sweat on the way in, as it is mostly downhill.

You can make a reservation at Hotel Garcas on www.booking.com. This is also a convenient place to stay if you must make a very early morning flight. You can walk directly to the airport terminal in 10 - 15 minutes.

I hope this helps.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks in advance!
Neve
Yes, Hotel Avenida has rooms with tubs. You will need to request, because I have also had a room there with just a shower. The room I had with a tub was a queen bed, third floor. This Hotel has been our go-to three times now. The breakfast has many choices and is good, and the receptionists speak excellent English (Spanish of course, plus some other languages) and always can help with things like finding a laundromat, etc. It is on a street with a bus stop nearby...just a block either up or down, and shopping/eating right there as well. I would describe it as mid-range European, smaller basic rooms, but clean and comfortable. The bathrooms are nice, even the ones with a shower, and there is WIFI. I believe that we paid around 48-55 Euro last trip in June of 2016. Main bus stop and train station are easy walking distance. Check out tripadvisor.com.

Most read last week in this forum

A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
Hello everyone, This is a cry for help. I post this on behalf of my wife, who is walking the camino at the moment. Her backpack was taken away from the reception of the albergue Benedictina's...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and there's one bit of it that worries me. The descent from Collado de Lepoeder to Roncesvalles seems quite steep (according to the Wise Pilgrim app) which...
We are in SJPP today While we were standing in line today, one of my pilgrims met 3 people from Taiwan, who could not find a bed. He said he also saw several people on their phones, frantically...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back