• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago to Finisterre and back by bus (July 2015)

SGIrl

Time of past OR future Camino
Porto to Santiago June/July 2015
Hi all,

I am walking Porto to Santiago from 29 June to 18 July 2015. After spending a night in Santiago on 15 July, I was planning on taking the bus to Finisterre for 2 nights. My flight departs Santiago at 1615 on Saturday 18 July - Will I have enough time to travel by bus from Finisterre that morning to make the flight?

Also, should I book a ticket for the bus? All information much appreciated.

Thank you :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi all,

I am walking Porto to Santiago from 29 June to 18 July 2015. After spending a night in Santiago on 15 July, I was planning on taking the bus to Finisterre for 2 nights. My flight departs Santiago at 1615 on Saturday 18 July - Will I have enough time to travel by bus from Finisterre that morning to make the flight?

Also, should I book a ticket for the bus? All information much appreciated.

Thank you :)

Bus service from Santiago bus station to Finisterre is provided by Monbus.
http://www.monbus.es/es

Empresa Freire provides bus service from Santiago bus station to Santiago airport.
http://www.empresafreire.com/html/castelan/seccion0.php

You can find the schedules and do your own time appreciation. If it is possible to reserve a seat the websites will so indicate.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Bus service from Santiago bus station to Finisterre is provided by Monbus.
http://www.monbus.es/es

Empresa Freire provides bus service from Santiago bus station to Santiago airport.
http://www.empresafreire.com/html/castelan/seccion0.php

You can find the schedules and do your own time appreciation. If it is possible to reserve a seat the websites will so indicate.
At least last summer, different departure times had different durations: the early bus was "express" and took 2 hours, the later one was not "express" and stopped at every street corner almost for a total of about 3 hours. One way, that is, for both times. I saw the early bus leaving Fisterra and it took 2 busses to load up all the people with 8 am tickets! (The express departure time) I'm pretty sure you can buy the ticket departing Fisterra in advance--they had some way to know they'd need 2 busses for all their passengers, after all.

If it helps, 8 of us shared the cost of hirirng a people carrier. €90. We went to Muxia and Finisterre. Far cheaper than by bus and we made our own schedule.
Having a splendid German lad who was used to driving big vehicles on the right side of the road was a real bonus.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
At least last summer, different departure times had different durations: the early bus was "express" and took 2 hours, the later one was not "express" and stopped at every street corner almost for a total of about 3 hours. One way, that is, for both times. I saw the early bus leaving Fisterra and it took 2 busses to load up all the people with 8 am tickets! (The express departure time) I'm pretty sure you can buy the ticket departing Fisterra in advance--they had some way to know they'd need 2 busses for all their passengers, after all.
Very helpful, thank you.

It's a pity you don't go on to Muxia after Finisterre. The bus stop is next to the bar in Muxia, which made for a very convivial and nice end to my Camino last year. The journey back to Santiago was quick and I then stayed a further night in Santiago before returning home. Happy planning!

It's a pity you don't go on to Muxia after Finisterre. The bus stop is next to the bar in Muxia, which made for a very convivial and nice end to my Camino last year. The journey back to Santiago was quick and I then stayed a further night in Santiago before returning home. Happy planning!
Maybe next time :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If it helps, 8 of us shared the cost of hirirng a people carrier. €90. We went to Muxia and Finisterre. Far cheaper than by bus and we made our own schedule.
Having a splendid German lad who was used to driving big vehicles on the right side of the road was a real bonus.
Good idea. It might be helpful for others considering this if you would post the name of the transport company you rented the people carrier from.

The name of the company ? Strewth, remember something from more than a week ago !
We found the flyer in the tourist information office and I can remember that the street
we booked and picked it up from was one of the one way streets that runs just under
Av. de Rosalia de Castro. ( Thank you Google maps ) I can't be sure which one. At about a
15 min walk from the cathedral it was very convenient. Pick up at 09:00 and return before
19:00.

It was a no frills establishment, but no hidden charges and no finding dents / scratches that
we had to pay for on return.

The name of the company ? Strewth, remember something from more than a week ago !
We found the flyer in the tourist information office and I can remember that the street
we booked and picked it up from was one of the one way streets that runs just under
Av. de Rosalia de Castro. ( Thank you Google maps ) I can't be sure which one. At about a
15 min walk from the cathedral it was very convenient. Pick up at 09:00 and return before
19:00.

It was a no frills establishment, but no hidden charges and no finding dents / scratches that
we had to pay for on return.
I understand the memory problem...I suffer from it myself all the time. Just one of perils of reaching, ahem, 'maturity.' But your info will be helpful for others looking to book a private conveyance. Thanks.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We took a taxi from SdC to Finisterre. Costs - 90€, so if you´re three people it´s worth thinking about it. Similar to Introibos idea you´re very fast, flexible and can make your own schedule.

[...]Will I have enough time to travel by bus from Finisterre that morning to make the flight? Also, should I book a ticket for the bus?
You'll have to take the first bus out of Fisterra at 8:20, arrive in Santiago at 10:40. The next bus arrives in Santiago at 15:00, which would be too late for taking the airport bus and your departure time. Reserve your return ticket when leaving for Fisterra.:cool:

You'll have to take the first bus out of Fisterra at 8:20, arrive in Santiago at 10:40. The next bus arrives in Santiago at 15:00, which would be too late for taking the airport bus and your departure time. Reserve your return ticket when leaving for Fisterra.:cool:

Thank you Fraluchi... That was my intention but now I can only see a bus that departs at 0945 and arrives at 1300 listed on the website (and it won't let me reserve a ticket online!)

I think I will have to wait until I get to Santiago and try to purchase a return ticket the day before I go to Fisterra :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

I just heard from José Luis of the Via Lusitana that they have opened a pilgrim office in Lisbon. It only opens in the afternoons — every day, from 2:30 PM to 6:00 PM. It is a small room in the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back