• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago tot muxia and or fistere

ton vaessen

Time of past OR future Camino
None
Starting 25 march 2015 from Sevilla
I'm walking the via de la plata and I will meet my wife in Santiago on the 12th of may. We would like to walk to Muxia and/or Finisterre. My wife cannot walk more than 15/16 kilometers. Can that be done, eventually with the use of taxi for transport to nearby hostals, casa rurals?
Many thanks in advance for your tips and advice.
For anyone who is on the way to Santiago Buen Camino and for everyone else who is not so lucky Buen Vida (if that's proper Spanish
Ton Vaessen

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Tom, I think you can do this if you plan right. You will have more options for short routes by walking to Finisterre first. If you go to Muxia first, there is one leg from Dumbria to Muxia that is about 19.5km. According to my research there is only one lodging place in that stretch -- a Pension at Quintáns -- not sure what it is like. Walking between Muxia and Finisterre can be broken in half by staing at Lires where there is a highly recommended Casa Rural.

The Brierly Guide seems pretty good for Muxia/Finisterre. If you are so inclined, I have made a guide to take with me this summer when I walk the Camino Primitivo and the Camino Muxia and Finisterre. You wouldn't need the Primitivo section, but I have tried to collect as much info in one place as possible for both caminos so the Finisterre/Muxia section might be helpful. Its here: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...-muxia-finisterre-guide.225/update?update=250.

Buen Camino,

Liz

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back