• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sarria in 3 days!

FeatherG

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese Route (last 100+kms) (2011)
Finisterre Route (2012)
French Way (first 100+ kms) (2014)
Northern Coastal Route (first 100+kms) (2015)
French Way (last 100+kms) (2017)
Starting the last stage of the Frances on the 27th ... Excited :D... Hoping to meet some of the happy pilgrims of the Class of 2017 en route ... but for those who have already 'walked on' ... or 'still to come' ... Buen Camino! ;)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Starting the last stage of the Frances on the 27th ... Excited :D... Hoping to meet some of the happy pilgrims of the Class of 2017 en route ... but for those who have already 'walked on' ... or 'still to come' ... Buen Camino! ;)
Good luck, & Enjoy, is it easy to get to Sarria from the airport Santiago ? BEUN CAMINO .

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi, have a wonderful time and a Buen Camino,Peter.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks Mike ..... you too! ;)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks Jefferey! Looks like you're well and truly 'hooked'! Enjoy your journey too! ;)

Tnx Joe. Really looking forward to it. Transport to Sarria already arranged. Let's hope the weather Gods are good to us!

Who did you use for Transport private taxi or local bus'es.
If it is by taxi, how much ? I was thinking it would be the easies and quicker?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Who did you use for Transport private taxi or local bus'es.
If it is by taxi, how much ? I was thinking it would be the easies and quicker?

Hi Joe, sorry it's taken so long to reply; I forgot my password (my brain is still in the Galician hills!), so my a/c was blocked (after too many 'attempts'), so I only got a chance to try again tonight as I was back working today (long shift) ...
Anyways, ... I stayed in Pension La Estacion in Sarria, and the guy from there picked me up at Santiago airport. He charged €60, which some people thought was expensive, however he had to travel +3 hours (return trip), also, I met a girl the following day who shared a taxi with 4 other girls, from Santiago to Sarria and it cost €25 each (25 x 5 = 125), so that's more than double. I met anther guy who got the bus, then transferred to another bus, and didn't get to Sarria til after 9:30 pm. I got there before 6pm. For me, it was worth the money. I got there at a reasonable time; had a look around, something to eat, and managed to get an 'early night' in preparation for my first day. Hope this helps, and apologies again for delay.
I wish you a Buen Camino. I had an amazing trip. It was my first 'solo trip', and my favourite of all 5 trips. I'd definitely go 'solo' again.
Enjoy the journey, and hope your weather is good. We were lucky, just one rainy day! Go neiri on bother leat!

Hi Joe, sorry it's taken so long to reply; I forgot my password (my brain is still in the Galician hills!), so my a/c was blocked (after too many 'attempts'), so I only got a chance to try again tonight as I was back working today (long shift) ...
Anyways, ... I stayed in Pension La Estacion in Sarria, and the guy from there picked me up at Santiago airport. He charged €60, which some people thought was expensive, however he had to travel +3 hours (return trip), also, I met a girl the following day who shared a taxi with 4 other girls, from Santiago to Sarria and it cost €25 each (25 x 5 = 125), so that's more than double. I met anther guy who got the bus, then transferred to another bus, and didn't get to Sarria til after 9:30 pm. I got there before 6pm. For me, it was worth the money. I got there at a reasonable time; had a look around, something to eat, and managed to get an 'early night' in preparation for my first day. Hope this helps, and apologies again for delay.
I wish you a Buen Camino. I had an amazing trip. It was my first 'solo trip', and my favourite of all 5 trips. I'd definitely go 'solo' again.
Enjoy the journey, and hope your weather is good. We were lucky, just one rainy day! Go neiri on bother leat!

Thanks very much for getting back to me, I do appreciate it.

I plan to contact that "Pension La Estacion in Sarria" and do the same, does the guy have an name, contact number or is email best ?
Thanks for the help, looking forward to getting back and finishing my Camino, I started in St Jean 3 July last year but because of High BP I had to stop in Burgos, so the plan is to get to Sarria and finish the last 100km, had you any problems with the route & accommodation ?

Cheers, and once again thanks for the info

Buen Camino.

Joe French

Thanks very much for getting back to me, I do appreciate it.

I plan to contact that "Pension La Estacion in Sarria" and do the same, does the guy have an name, contact number or is email best ?
Thanks for the help, looking forward to getting back and finishing my Camino, I started in St Jean 3 July last year but because of High BP I had to stop in Burgos, so the plan is to get to Sarria and finish the last 100km, had you any problems with the route & accommodation ?

Cheers, and once again thanks for the info

Buen Camino.

Joe French

Joe,

I'm in work now so will get back to you later. Best way to contact is via Booking.com. Think his name was Carlo?!
I did all correspondence via email which seemed easiest for him, so try that. Can give you more info later if required? Route is very well marked and you will really enjoy it.

Apologies for rush, but as I said I'm in work.

Jealous, wish I was back there myself. :)

Gabrielle

Joe,

I'm in work now so will get back to you later. Best way to contact is via Booking.com. Think his
name was Carlo?!
I did all correspondence via email which seemed easiest for him, so try that. Can give you more info later if required? Route is very well marked and you will really enjoy it.

Apologies for rush, but as I said I'm in work.

Jealous, wish I was back there myself. :)

Gabrielle

Thank you Gabrielle...hope ur not working to hard, Enjoy ur day... (Belfast is glorious to day)

Congratulations Feather and welcome back!

Thank you Gabrielle...hope ur not working to hard, Enjoy ur day... (Belfast is glorious to day)
Hi again Joe,
Off today, ... so a bit of time (+ I can't seem to 'manage' correspondence on my phone ... laptop is easier, ... but I need a new one!)
Anyways, no problems with the route or accommodation. Best marked route I've ever done. Most people I met were making bookings on the way. I had booked everything before I went. Like I said, first 'solo' trip, ... so I was trying to be 'organised'. Anyways, I ended up cancelling one of those, and had to book one on arrival in next town, ... but there was no problem, and there was a music festival in Melide ... so it was meant to be! That's the Camino! All part of the journey. Met some amazing people, all so helpful ... great comraderie ... especially on the day it hailstoned ... all day! It just added to the journey ... there are 'rainy days' in life too, eh? I am really jealous that you still have it ahead of you. When are you going? The weather was really getting warm when I left on the 3rd, ... and it was hard to drag myself away from that beautiful city of Santiago. I didn't think there would be that many people on the route, at this time, but the nearer we got to Santiago, the more people joined in .... but not crazy busy ... jut nice. Anything else I can help you with, let me know. I'm in Wexford by the way. Gabrielle is my name ... and I'm 'big' into angels. They were definitely with me on this stage of the Camino. My husband was a tad worried that I mightn't come back, .. the journey was sounding so good. But, I always come back! ;)

Congratulations Feather and welcome back!
Thanks Mike. Have to say, this was the best Camino journey I've done ... so far! I was quite apprehensive about going 'solo', ... but I don't think I could do the 'group thing' again after this. I stopped/started/chatted/snapped/café latted when I wanted ... and it was soooo good. Thanks for your encouragement and comments. :)

Hi again Joe,
Off today, ... so a bit of time (+ I can't seem to 'manage' correspondence on my phone ... laptop is easier, ... but I need a new one!)
Anyways, no problems with the route or accommodation. Best marked route I've ever done. Most people I met were making bookings on the way. I had booked everything before I went. Like I said, first 'solo' trip, ... so I was trying to be 'organised'. Anyways, I ended up cancelling one of those, and had to book one on arrival in next town, ... but there was no problem, and there was a music festival in Melide ... so it was meant to be! That's the Camino! All part of the journey. Met some amazing people, all so helpful ... great comraderie ... especially on the day it hailstoned ... all day! It just added to the journey ... there are 'rainy days' in life too, eh? I am really jealous that you still have it ahead of you. When are you going? The weather was really getting warm when I left on the 3rd, ... and it was hard to drag myself away from that beautiful city of Santiago. I didn't think there would be that many people on the route, at this time, but the nearer we got to Santiago, the more people joined in .... but not crazy busy ... jut nice. Anything else I can help you with, let me know. I'm in Wexford by the way. Gabrielle is my name ... and I'm 'big' into angels. They were definitely with me on this stage of the Camino. My husband was a tad worried that I mightn't come back, .. the journey was sounding so good. But, I always come back! ;)

Thanks Gabrielle, i'm look at the end of this school term, last week of June, (my other name is "Granda Taxi Driver" I do 5 runs a day taken & collecting my grand kids to nursery & primary shool, not complaining because I love being with them) so I'm looking forward to getting away again, and with already being there last year it holds no fear to what to expect, like you I found meeting other nationalities a Joy, I have some smashing story's about my fellow pilgrim's. So i'm counting the days.

Thanks Gabrielle, i'm look at the end of this school term, last week of June, (my other name is "Granda Taxi Driver" I do 5 runs a day taken & collecting my grand kids to nursery & primary shool, not complaining because I love being with them) so I'm looking forward to getting away again, and with already being there last year it holds no fear to what to expect, like you I found meeting other nationalities a Joy, I have some smashing story's about my fellow pilgrim's. So i'm counting the days.

That's perfect Joe. You will have a wonderful trip. I wish you lots of adventure ... and a Buen Camino! :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and there's one bit of it that worries me. The descent from Collado de Lepoeder to Roncesvalles seems quite steep (according to the Wise Pilgrim app) which...
We are in SJPP today While we were standing in line today, one of my pilgrims met 3 people from Taiwan, who could not find a bed. He said he also saw several people on their phones, frantically...
Good morning, all: I'll be starting my first-ever Camino (and first trip to Europe, actually) in one month. I'd appreciate any and all advice regarding the price(s)/price range for lunches on the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back