• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sarria to Santiago in May.

joanna

We are walking from Sarria to Santiago May 10-16. Any advice on weather? Also, I'm an older person so I'm worried about not being able to walk the whole distance between towns. Is there a bus or some transportation if I can't keep walking to the next town?
Thanks, joanna

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Galicia is almost always moist, so expect rain. You will be past the highest terrain, so snow is not likely.

falcon269 said:
Galicia is almost always moist, so expect rain. You will be past the highest terrain, so snow is not likely.

Are there many places to stay enroute or is it crowded in May? What happens if I can't keep walking? Is there a bus or taxi to get to the next town?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Are there many places to stay enroute or is it crowded in May?
There are plenty of beds, and there will be plenty of pilgrims in May. You will find a place, so be confident.
What happens if I can't keep walking? Is there a bus or taxi to get to the next town?
Buses run from Sarria to Santiago along most of the Camino route. Check for bus stops in the cities. Taxis can be found in the cities, and bars along the way can call for a taxi. Expect to pay about 1 Euro per kilometer. There are a few parts of the trail that are not along a road, so you may have to move a few kilometers on foot to get to a taxi.

Thank you so much for your responses to me Falcon....how many times have you walked the Camino?

Also, I'm worried about shoes....do you have a suggestion?

Joanna, I was just wondering if you were hoping to get a Compostela when you arrive in Santiago? Because if so, you actually do need to walk the whole of the last 100km of the Camino.
Margaret

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
May 10 to May 16 is 7 whole days of walking.
At that rate, you only have to walk 16 kms per day. (10 miles per day)
Most pilgrims average over 20 kms per day, and many average 25 kms.

Try not to be fearful.
Start walking every day now,
and walk 10 kms at least 2 days per week.

And "how old is old?" You don't need to tell me.
I met pilgrims over 80 on the Camino.

Be positive, and strong!
Don't think of all the excuses why you can't do it.
Tell yourself, "I'm training for this. I can do it."

Buen Camino
David, Victoria, Canada.

Most read last week in this forum

Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.