• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sellos on Mozarabe

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
Could someone please enlighten me! The guide for the Mozarabe routes indicates that the albergues are not “ manned” - they send you a code and you let yourself in. Is there a stamp available or do you have to go elsewhere for one?
Also, I presume there is a box for leaving donations, yes?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Kiwi family,
Yes, there is always a stamp at the unmanned albergues. It's DIY. Other places have stamps too. Yes, there is always a donation box. I don't recall if the albergues were all donativo or not. Especially between Almería and Granada, the albergues were mostly excellent.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Also, bear in mind that you don't need a Camino-specific stamp. An official business stamp, police station stamp, etc. works too.

In Spain, many institutions that do "official business" of any sort will have a stamp with said institution's key information - like address, phone number, that sort of thing. And these are perfectly acceptable, since the point is proving that you were physically there.

Does anyone know where to pick up a credential in Granada?

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back