• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sellos on short Ingles sections?

CarolamS

Time of past OR future Camino
2024 VdlP/Sanabres from Salamanca to SdC
Hello
I fly out to A Coruna September 21st and plan to walk the Ingles (from Ferrol) in 8 stages (starting Sept 23rd). Will I find sufficient places to get the requisite 2 stamps a day when walking only short stages?

Having spent 10 years finding too many reasons why I couldn't walk a Camino, last year I reduced my fears to the point I could finally try. I used a company who booked my (half-board) accommodation and transported my bag. That only left me to worry about walking; quite scary enough because I'd never walked very far before. But I was in my 60's and if I was to ever do it I had better get on and try. I walked from Porto to SdC in October because I'm not good in heat. Ha! it was 36C in Portugal. So I discovered I could walk and I could even survive the heat. Not only that I truly loved doing it, despite the challenges.

This forum was, and is, a wonderful resource and I made profligate use of the expertise here. I am still learning a huge amount which helps build my confidence too. My plan is now to walk without the help of a company and carry everything in my backpack. I don't want to over-strain myself hence the short stages. I even plan to try sleeping in some Albergues - quite an undertaking for a solo chicken introvert!

Thank you to everyone who posts in this wonderful Forum, and especially to Ivar.
Caroline

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello
I fly out to A Coruna September 21st and plan to walk the Ingles (from Ferrol) in 8 stages (starting Sept 23rd). Will I find sufficient places to get the requisite 2 stamps a day when walking only short stages?

Having spent 10 years finding too many reasons why I couldn't walk a Camino, last year I reduced my fears to the point I could finally try. I used a company who booked my (half-board) accommodation and transported my bag. That only left me to worry about walking; quite scary enough because I'd never walked very far before. But I was in my 60's and if I was to ever do it I had better get on and try. I walked from Porto to SdC in October because I'm not good in heat. Ha! it was 36C in Portugal. So I discovered I could walk and I could even survive the heat. Not only that I truly loved doing it, despite the challenges.

This forum was, and is, a wonderful resource and I made profligate use of the expertise here. I am still learning a huge amount which helps build my confidence too. My plan is now to walk without the help of a company and carry everything in my backpack. I don't want to over-strain myself hence the short stages. I even plan to try sleeping in some Albergues - quite an undertaking for a solo chicken introvert!

Thank you to everyone who posts in this wonderful Forum, and especially to Ivar.
Caroline
Yes, you will find places for your stamps. Where you sleep, certainly, and anywhere you eat, or visit, like churches...

Hi @CarolamS. Getting sellos on the Ingles shouldn't be to much of a problem. Remember bars and shops count just as much as Town Halls, Churches, Correos and police stations. They may not all be pretty but if the proprietor adds the date and their signature the Pilgrims office will be happy enough. One stamp from your accommodation and one other per day will suffice.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi @CarolamS. Getting sellos on the Ingles shouldn't be to much of a problem. Remember bars and shops count just as much as Town Halls, Churches, Correos and police stations. They may not all be pretty but if the proprietor adds the date and their signature the Pilgrims office will be happy enough. One stamp from your accommodation and one other per day will suffice.
Thank you. I must get straight into the habit of searching out places.

There are sellos in abundance. I collect them constantly as a contemporary record of my travel - I have my credencial stamped and ask for another stamp to illustrate my journal.

On my Camino Ingles of 4 1/2 days I collected 34 sellos without a great deal of effort.

You'll be fine.

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
After the CF where I filled my American Credential with the final sello at the Pilgrims Office in SdC (my obsession I know), it was nice to go stamp happy on the CI. I got my first sello at the Con-Cathedral in Ferrol (office behind the Alter on the right), second at my hotel and the rest is history. You’ll have no problem getting 2 per day, enjoy and Buen Camino.

P.s., if you stop at Bar Avelina just before Hospital de Bruma, you’ll get 2 there, nice ladies.

27EBFE93-204B-46C3-8349-7AD512004570.jpeg

There are sellos in abundance. I collect them constantly as a contemporary record of my travel - I have my credencial stamped and ask for another stamp to illustrate my journal.

On my Camino Ingles of 4 1/2 days I collected 34 sellos without a great deal of effort.

You'll be fine.
Many thanks

After the CF where I filled my American Credential with the final sello at the Pilgrims Office in SdC (my obsession I know), it was nice to go stamp happy on the CI. I got my first sello at the Con-Cathedral in Ferrol (office behind the Alter on the right), second at my hotel and the rest is history. You’ll have no problem getting 2 per day, enjoy and Buen Camino.

P.s., if you stop at Bar Avelina just before Hospital de Bruma, you’ll get 2 there, nice ladies.

View attachment 64033
And now I'm getting quite excited. Thanks

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
@henrythedog was very industrious - I have just looked at my credencial, and the final Sello at the office for the Compostela made number 21, on day 6. Seems a lifetime away, already. I hope it will go well for you.

Screenshot 2019-08-28 at 14.02.41.png

Most read last week in this forum

Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back