• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Setting off up the coast on Friday 6th September...

Walker-Brother

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese Coastal Route Sept 2013
Camino Primitivo May 2017
Camino Sanabres June 2019
Me and the better half are striking out to Santiago starting in Povoa de Varzim this coming Friday.

I have researched the walk reasonably well and downloaded maps from the excellent Caminador site.

Stopping in Esposende - Viana de Castelo - Caminha - Oia - Having a day's RnR on Las Islas Cies - Baiona - Vigo before joining up with the main pilgrim route in Redondela.

Will be blogging my trip on my return and will try to gather as much info as I can about the route/where to stay and eat etc. etc.

Can't wait to get started.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hola,

Will be on that route, myself ( solo).
Should be in Esposende around Saturday.

Buen CaminhoCaminho

Hello Walker-Brother and Musicman,

Buen Camino to both of you.
We are to start our Pilgrimage from Vila do Condé on Sept 19th 2013, on the same road. I can't wait reading your blog information. I do hope that you ll have time to post details BEFORE we begin our walk...

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Musicman, will be walking Esposende to Viana de Castelo on Saturday so keep an eye out for us and I'll do likewise.

Eze, don't get back 'til the 22/9 so I won't be blogging 'til then. However, if I come across any vital info (bridge closures, ferry cancellations etc.) I will post them on this thread.

Musicman, will be walking Esposende to Viana de Castelo on Saturday so keep an eye out for us and I'll do likewise.

Eze, don't get back 'til the 22/9 so I won't be blogging 'til then. However, if I come across any vital info (bridge closures, ferry cancellations etc.) I will post them on this thread.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Buen Camino,
I ll be patient. On september 22, we'll still be on the way so, if what i learnt about iphone uses is correct, i'll be ready to read what you post. Thanks vm.
Honestly, having walked Chemin du Piémont Pyrénéen + Camino francès, Camino del Norte, Camino de la Plata and my house to Roma, i am not really worried about walking conditions on the Caminho Portugues pela Costa, but....

Buen Camino one more time. We should arrive in Santiago on Sunday 29 September.

Ultreia et Suseia !

Buen Camino,
I ll be patient. On september 22, we'll still be on the way so, if what i learnt about iphone uses is correct, i'll be ready to read what you post. Thanks vm.
Honestly, having walked Chemin du Piémont Pyrénéen + Camino francès, Camino del Norte, Camino de la Plata and my house to Roma, i am not really worried about walking conditions on the Caminho Portugues pela Costa, but....

Buen Camino one more time. We should arrive in Santiago on Sunday 29 September.

Ultreia et Suseia !

Now in vigo, feet are shot to bits but I believe I'm going to make it!
Only two things to report.
1. Double check Caminha to La Garda ferry times. We got caught out on Monday. No ferries all day, ended up paying 30 euros for a cab round.
2. There have been some big forest fires near Oia, I don't know if the coastal route has been effected but it might be wise to check ahead

Peace - out.

Walker-Brother

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Now in vigo, feet are shot to bits but I believe I'm going to make it!
Only two things to report.
1. Double check Caminha to La Garda ferry times. We got caught out on Monday. No ferries all day, ended up paying 30 euros for a cab round.
2. There have been some big forest fires near Oia, I don't know if the coastal route has been effected but it might be wise to check ahead

Peace - out.

Walker-Brother

Thanks vm for keeping us informed.
We can't wait leaving for Porto and begin our walk in a few days.
I had taken this ferry timetable from Caminha into account. We had noticed that they are not operating on mondays.
Having checked some spanish press on internet, i have read that fires have affected lands situated away from the coast, so no worries about that.

I ll do my best to update information as we progress in this area.

Buen Camino y ultreia !

Hi - my daughter and I will be leaving for the coastal route on the 9th Oct and would be keen for any info or blogs anyone has! We are following the same route as was listed earlier and would particularly like info about private accommodation and food! Would also love to hear your experiences along the way! We are not planning on taking sleeping bags as we are planning on using private accommodation. Would love to know what your list looks like and what you find useful or would have left behind. We will be taking everything for our holiday and just plan on doing some shopping after the end of the walk.

Cheers
Ella

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Looking for segmenting advice on the Portuguese Costal between Porto and Vila do Conde. We originally considered starting in Matosinhos walking straight to Vila do Conde. That's ~23 KM. On paper...
Hello beautiful people. I decided and chose Portuguese route for my first Camino. I’ll come from Kyiv to Paris, and then find a way to get to Porto. Maybe I’ll take a flight. I do my last...
Greetings from Porto! It is absolutely gorgeous here today and I am sorely tempted to linger a few days to enjoy it all … but the Way awaits and I plan to start walking from Matosinhos on Sunday...
Bag is packed, weather forecast looks like rain, but we've got our waterproofs at the ready! My partner and I fly into Porto tomorrow evening, then we'll spend the night in Matosinhos and start...
How low must tides be to prevent boat crossings from caminha to A Guarda?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back