• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Setting out late September - Accommodations in Labruge

SammyLou

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2019
Hi all,

I’ll be leaving Porto early on the 28th on the Litoral Way prob won’t get as far as Vila Cha but maybe Labruge. Any advice on accomm in Labruge? Booking.com has nothing available but I thought it’d be good to at least book the first night. If anyone is heading out that way, let me know.

Sammy

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
It might not be quite as far as you're hoping to walk on your first day and would involve a little detour off the camino, but you could see if any of the hotels or hostels round Porto airport have rooms.

Another option which a few folks on here have mentioned is to return to central Porto via public transport after your first day's walking along the Littoral, and then catch the Metro back the next morning to pick up where you left off. Porto Metro map here https://en.metrodoporto.pt/metrodoporto/uploads/document/file/371/eut_____pmv_cmyk_v2.pdf

You can try Camping Orbitur in Praia de Angeiras. It's a little before Labruge and it's open year round. They have "bungalows" for pilgrims. Last year the price was 16 Euros. The pilgrim price can't be booked ahead, but I don't think that you should have a problem just showing up in late September.

In 2019 I stayed at Casa da Praia, and it was nice.

gronze.com is a good resource listing accomodation. Labruge has a municipal albergue with 50 beds. I stayed there in February (with only one other pilgrim!)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Did you just show up? I hear the route is busy. Did you need to get a key from parish council? Anyways, I am considering starting from Matsumoto and staying in Vila Chã day 1. I’ve dropped the m. albergue an email but no reply yet. Vila Chã seems nice. How is Vila do Conde?

Bom Caminho SammyLou! Last year my dad & I stayed at Casa da Praia Guest House in Labruge (private room, shared bathroom, nice breakfast) -- if it says they're full on Booking.com you might try contacting them directly -- sometimes places don't make available all their rooms on booking sites. Vila do Conde is a lovely town -- lots of lodging choices -- we stayed there after Labruge before crossing over to the Central route.

Email or call Smiling Places in Labruge. We just stayed there a few weeks ago and it was amazing. You will love it! I don’t think they are on Booking.Com as I booked directly. Also, Labruge is a good haul from Porto on the Senda. It is a good stopping point.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Are they private rooms? How much? I’ve stopped them an email. Thank you.
Private room with bathroom-we paid 75 euro but included an amazing breakfast and she gave us enough food and told us to make ourselves a sandwich and take fruit for lunch that day! Two meals and accommodations for two people for 75 euro was a really good deal!! Super nice place and friendly owners. Also, just a few blocks from the Camino route.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
There is a municipal Albergue in labruge which is big and spacious but if you are up for paying a bit more Smiling places guest house is fab.

Most read last week in this forum

Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
Day 0? I’m here 😊and I start my slow coastal camino tomorrow! Feel blessed and recognize the privilege it is to be able to take this journey. Tomorrow a short walk to Matosinhos - just right...
Will be doing hopefully my first of many Camino journeys leaving out of Porto December 29. From what I can tell, highs in 50’s to 60’s F and possibly some but not a lot of moisture with no snow...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back