• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Share Your Thoughs - Why Are You Doing the Camino?

Memily36

Hey everyone!

My name is Meghan and I'm doing a project for school about the Camino, specifically about why people decide to do the Camino. If you would like to help out, please respond with:
1. Your name (first name only is fine)
2. Where you're from
3. If this is your first (or fifth time) doing the Camino
4. Where you plan to start, and
5. Why you are doing it.

Thanks so much! :D

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Meghan,

my name is Darran and I'm from Ireland. This July I'll be returning to walk the Camino Frances for a second time, starting in St Jean Pied de Port.

I'm walking for a number of reasons but the main reason is because walking the Camino was a long-held ambition of mine and while I walked last Summer (2011), I had to cut my Camino short and return home. So this summer, I hope to walk all the way to Santiago.

Memily36 said:
Hey everyone!

My name is Meghan and I'm doing a project for school about the Camino, specifically about why people decide to do the Camino. If you would like to help out, please respond with:
1. Your name (first name only is fine)
2. Where you're from
3. If this is your first (or fifth time) doing the Camino
4. Where you plan to start, and
5. Why you are doing it.

Thanks so much! :D

Hello Meghan,

My name is Margaret and now I live in France. This October will be my eighth Camino. As usual I plan to start in Saint Jean Pied de Port. I walk to give thanks for each day lived and for my life which enables such a journey.

Perhaps someday you, too, will follow the Camino! Good luck with your project.

Margaret

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Annie
Portland, Oregon
3d time doing Frances
SJPP
Because I LOVE the Camino and Spain! Also for the exercise. And, I'm leading a group this year.

Cathy
Corpus Christi, Texas
2nd Camino
In 2003, started from Roncesvalles
In 2012 (April 24), SJPP
To deepen my relationship with God; to get reacquainted with Mary the Mother of Jesus; to let go of everything that keeps me from fully expressing God's love.

Hi Meghan,

My name is Whitney. I'm originally from a small town called Dufur, Oregon, USA. But i'm currently living overseas in Abu Dhabi, UAE.

This will be my first time doing the camino. I have 3 weeks vacation in July/August so i'm hoping to start in Astorga and walk past Santiago to Finisterre and Muxia (approximately 2weeks or so walking).

I kept stumbling across the camino de santiago in books and films this past year or two while living abroad. Something about it kept calling my name. This July vacation is my last big trip (i've been able to do a lot of traveling these past 2 years) before I move back to the US in August. I thought what not a better time to take a time out from life and reflect on how I've changed the past two years and focus on setting goals for my future. I'm very much excited to escape technology, see some nature, and get to know a different side of myself.

I wish I had more time to complete the full camino, but this way I'll have to come back at some point in life and walk the rest of it! :) Good luck with your project!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back