• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sharing a 'squee' moment!

Takahiwai

Time of past OR future Camino
1998 Chartres - SdC; 2005 Orleans Camino del Norte
I don't know if you've had a 'squee' moment. It's what I call that magical time when you realise that your plans are getting very close to fruition. I live in Burma (aka Myanmar), and life has not been pleasant here for the past 3 years, since the latest military coup. I've also been working without a break for the past two or three years, because I had nowhere to go. The saved holiday, and the saved pay, means that I've got the best part of three months to wander caminos in Spain, something I haven't done for at least 13 years. I think I've been working towards it so doggedly that I have never stepped back to smell the roses. On Friday, I fly to Rangoon, to pick up all the pay packets I've been saving. On Monday, it's on to Bangkok, and on Tuesday to London. Within the next week, I expect to be on my way. It's only just hit me - so close now. I'm so happy that the only thing I can do is hug myself and utter the incomprehensible 'squee'!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I don't know if you've had a 'squee' moment. It's what I call that magical time when you realise that your plans are getting very close to fruition. I live in Burma (aka Myanmar), and life has not been pleasant here for the past 3 years, since the latest military coup. I've also been working without a break for the past two or three years, because I had nowhere to go. The saved holiday, and the saved pay, means that I've got the best part of three months to wander caminos in Spain, something I haven't done for at least 13 years. I think I've been working towards it so doggedly that I have never stepped back to smell the roses. On Friday, I fly to Rangoon, to pick up all the pay packets I've been saving. On Monday, it's on to Bangkok, and on Tuesday to London. Within the next week, I expect to be on my way. It's only just hit me - so close now. I'm so happy that the only thing I can do is hug myself and utter the incomprehensible 'squee'!

Have a marvelous time.

Buen camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Thanks for a great preliminary notification. Yes definitely stop and smell the roses and anything else along the way. Have that extra coffee in a bar that welcomes you, check out the views along the road. Cheers

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Takahiwai,

Hopefully you will share your newest journey here on the forum. It would be a pleasure to read/see your updates and pictures

Good luck, stay safe, Carpe diem and, as always, Ultreia!
I got into the habit of blogging on the crazyguyonabike forum when I did two of my Via Turonensis trips by bike, so I will definitely try to produce a 'Live from the Camino' thread here, since I so enjoy reading them myself! Thank you for your good wishes!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Our paths may cross, we will be in Spain from mid April. We worked for the Australian Volunteers International in Yangon from 2016 to 2017 and have bittersweet memories of a beautiful country and people.
It is very hard to forget the wonderful people of Myanmar - present admin excluded, of course. I also first came to Myanmar in 2016, so there's a coincidence. It would be lovely to meet you, should our paths cross in Spain!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks for a great preliminary notification. Yes definitely stop and smell the roses and anything else along the way. Have that extra coffee in a bar that welcomes you, check out the views along the road. Cheers
I am notorious for my ability to find an excuse to stop in every single bar or cafe along the way! In fact, when I did my partial reverse camino (SdC back to Burgos, then ran out of time), I was sometimes able to reassure myself that I was going the right way by revisiting bars that I'd gone to on my way to SdC. I'd learnt such a lot of Spanish on the way there, that it was good to be able to answer questions that I hadn't understood the first time round!

Wow! You have been through a lot! Squee!!!! E
Enjoy a well deserved Camino. And please keep us up to date on your travels!
Thank you! I will try to put up a 'live' thread, and maintain it, internet permitting - I enjoy writing up my stages at the end of the day - it helps me relax.

Starting the journey is one thing. Tell us how it compares to that first foot on the first Camino, when you get there.

It's not my first camino, nor even my second, but I know that it will be a magical journey, as you say, and something to remember forever! Thank you!
Buen Camino! Ultreia! Vaya con dios!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Buen Camino 🥾

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I'm just 12 days away from my 4th Camino and "squee" is certainly part of me at the moment. Enjoy your return to the Camino and please let us know where your travels take you. Buen camino.
Thank you, and I hope your Mozarabe experience is wonderful. It certainly looks like a lovely route!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
… life has not been pleasant here for the past 3 years, since the latest military coup.…
If emigration interests you, there are countries that it’s not super hard to get into. Web search for “digital nomad visa"

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

In the Guardian. Interesting "Letters to the Editor..." https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2024/apr/18/a-modern-pilgrimages-transformative-power?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.