Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.

Shengen Visa for U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card) Holder

Yodapsy

Rob Blinn
Year of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances July 2013, Planning July 2018 Camino Portugues.
My wife and I are planning on walking the Camino Portugues from Porto to Santiago in July of this year. I am a U.S. Citizen. She is Chinese and has a Green Card. Last time we walked (2013) we were both living in China and she did not have her Green Card yet and she had to get a Shengen Visa. Now we live in Hawaii I understand that is easier to get a Shengen Visa with a Green card. It looks like there are lots of companies that will help her apply, but it also looks like "buyer beware." Any suggestions of agencies to use? Also, does anyone know where to get the Shengen Application Form. It says it is available on the Spanish Consulate site, but I can't find it.

Rob

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

t2andreo

Veteran Member
I STRONGLY recommend you contact the nearest Spanish Consulate. Also check their US Embassy / Consulate web pages, at:

http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Embajadas/WASHINGTON/en/Pages/inicio2.aspx

I know the rules for US Citizens. I do not know the rules with someone holding underlying citizenship from a third-party country. Logically, it should be easy. But, with immigration rules, one never knows.

I advise against taking chances or making assumptions.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Us:Camino Frances, 2015 Me:Catalan/Aragonese, 2019
You apply for a Schengen visa based on country of citizenship, not residence. You should be able to work out of either of the consular offices in San Francisco or Los Angeles.

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

natefaith

Staff member

Yodapsy

Rob Blinn
Camino Frances July 2013, Planning July 2018 Camino Portugues.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads