• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Shopping (some regret)

Diceallion

Camino(s) past & future
Camino goal mid september 2019
Hi all, ill make this quick and simple. I completed the camino last year and if there is 1 thing I regret is that I didn't shop enough for memorabilia. Obviously I was conscious of the added weight that needed to be lugged.

That being said, I've struggled searching for a online well reputable store that sells almost everything we've all seen along our journey, does anyone have any suggestions please.

RRat

Camino(s) past & future
Planning 2017
Hi all, ill make this quick and simple. I completed the camino last year and if there is 1 thing I regret is that I didn't shop enough for memorabilia. Obviously I was conscious of the added weight that needed to be lugged.

That being said, I've struggled searching for a online well reputable store that sells almost everything we've all seen along our journey, does anyone have any suggestions please.
Any recommendations for a coffee table book?

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
There are lots of Etsy stores selling Camino memorabilia, and a Facebook group called Camino Marketplace.
On Etsy you can sort by seller location or "ship to."

Hugh Larkin

Perpetual Wanderer
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2014
Sanabria 2018
Pieterpad 2018
Kumano Kodo (202??)
Any recommendations for a coffee table book?
Dutch friends (they met us in Ourense as we were on the Sanabrés in 2018) who introduced the idea of a Camino gave us a book published in 2001 by the Xunta de Galicia, Consular of Culture. All in spanish. They gave it to us after we finished the Francés in 2014. Even though the images are from the 1990s, they still held true for us on both Caminos.498B2CBE-C17C-4D49-A25B-34B68B0C22B5.jpeg

Camino(s) past & future
Caminos Francais: 2002, 2012, 2019. (Future Ingles, Primitivo, Portuguese in 2021)
I have obtained a mask, a badge and my Compostela through Ivan Renke shipped from Santiago to my home in Missouri. And a guidebook? Maybe ... he has a fine selection. Everything neatly packed and in perfect order. I trust Ivar for his prices -- more than fair -- and his impeccable service and reliability, Closer to Spring 2021 and a reliable-ish start date for my fourth Camino, I schehall ck out more of his offerings on line. Two thumbs up and a big heart of gratitude, Ivar!😍

Mariy

Camino(s) past & future
Portuguese Camino 2019
Same thing happened to me, I passed on some souvenirs that was specific to the Portuguese Way and thought I'd find them in Santiago. Spent a lot of time in Santiago looking but never found it. Even asked one of the stores and was told that some shops design their own t-shirts and souvenirs.

linkster

Nunca dejes de creer!
Camino(s) past & future
CF (17) Sarria - Portomarín
CF (17) SJPdP - SdC
CF (18) SJPdP - Fisterra
CP (19) Porto - Muxia
I bought some small Camino shells, and St. James Crosses at La Forja de Ayegui (next to the Irache Wine Fountain), and tied a rosary style knotted necklace out of black cord. I gave them away as gifts when I returned. 👣 :D :cool:
IMG_0857.jpg

linkster

Nunca dejes de creer!
Camino(s) past & future
CF (17) Sarria - Portomarín
CF (17) SJPdP - SdC
CF (18) SJPdP - Fisterra
CP (19) Porto - Muxia
I also have bought some of the masks from Sargadelos. I think they were (local Galacian) pagan masks used to ward off various things (Against those who want to rob us.). They also had smaller pendants that could be worn on a necklace.👣 :D :cool:
mask-n6-curuxan.jpg

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Currently on a "Virtual" Camino and striding out across Castile y Leon!
Where did you purchase this? I’d love one for my frustrated walking companion
It was given to me by a dear friend in BC, Canada. I believe the Canadian Company of Pilgrims were selling them to raise money for a refugio they support.
Next time we're in contact I'll ask if they have any more.

Diceallion

Camino(s) past & future
Camino goal mid september 2019
Basically what I am looking for is a license plate to put in front of my car and the only nice one I found was on zazzle and with shipping its almost $70. A little ridiculous if you ask me.
Also looking for some bracelets and wooden rosaries.

Advertisement

Booking.com