• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Should i book SJPdP.

fiona99

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, Finnisterre and Muxia April/June 2015.
Camino Portuguese. Porto - ?? 2017.
Hi all, So far I have only booked accomodation in BaYonne and at Orisson, do I need to book or just turn up in SJPdP......am bit confused as some recommend booking and others not. I guess a lot will depend on time of year you started out. I plan to arrive on the first train from Bayonne on the 22nd April....mid week....so may be quieter than a weekend....also if I should book ....Where would you recommend......I tend to favour smaller places...but for the rest of the walk I intend to go with the flow.....big or small....thank you in advance. Fiona

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Fiona, as you have Bayonne and Orrison booked already and you are arriving early by train to SJPdP, why not trust to serendipty and walk the short incline to the Pilgrims office and take a bunk in the municipal refuge, or other accommodation they can advise you on?

But if you would really want to pre-book there are a number of threads already going with recommendations - (I will edit in a link, but a list of all CF Alberques can be found under the resources section, with telephone numbers etc)

Buen Camino

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks Kevin...I was originally planning just to turn up and see what happened....but then started reading posts about needing to book....I guess it is possible during high season you should try to book something.....but as you say I have all day to get it sorted out and that is my preference really.....just panicking a bit I suppose. I notice you walked at a similar time of year as I am planning....what was it like...weather, how busy,ect thanks again

Agree with Kevin and SY, being that it is mid-week and you are arriving early in the day you should be safe.
That being said I can not believe how many people are posting on this forum about start times this year, it looks like it could be a record year for pilgrim activity. This forum does not represent the largest contingent of future pilgrimso_O:rolleyes:.

Agree with Kevin and SY, being that it is mid-week and you are arriving early in the day you should be safe.
That being said I can not believe how many people are posting on this forum about start times this year, it looks like it could be a record year for pilgrim activity. This forum does not represent the largest contingent of future pilgrimso_O:rolleyes:.
Thanks Guys...I am now going to chill.....:cool:

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
. I notice you walked at a similar time of year as I am planning....what was it like...weather, how busy,ect thanks again

I left SJPdP mid April (2013) & I had typical Camino weather ( tongue firmly in cheek)
Route Napoleon was closed due to snow, yet the first week was sunny with max temperatures +28c, lowest temperature was a few degrees of frost on an occaisional morning, one day saw rain, hail, snow , but on the whole Camino only a few hours of walking in cloying mud, one day with a bitter north wind , Out of 35 days only 3or4 were inclement

Not busy, by choosing my own stages ( to get fitter) I could find myself alone for many a happy hour or walk with others if I chose - very quickly you find yourself walking into a village to find friends who may have leap-frogged you, or new faces with whom to strike up conversation, and there is always a lot to talk about.

Best thing this time of year is the regular greeting of the cuckoo as you begin your walking, the lush green fields and wonderful hedgerows

Oh and I had better come clean - I will be about a week ahead of you - I'm departing SJPdP on April 8th.

Now they have told you it is addictive ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I left SJPdP mid April (2013) & I had typical Camino weather ( tongue firmly in cheek)
Route Napoleon was closed due to snow, yet the first week was sunny with max temperatures +28c, lowest temperature was a few degrees of frost on an occaisional morning, one day saw rain, hail, snow , but on the whole Camino only a few hours of walking in cloying mud, one day with a bitter north wind , Out of 35 days only 3or4 were inclement

Not busy, by choosing my own stages ( to get fitter) I could find myself alone for many a happy hour or walk with others if I chose - very quickly you find yourself walking into a village to find friends who may have leap-frogged you, or new faces with whom to strike up conversation, and there is always a lot to talk about.

Best thing this time of year is the regular greeting of the cuckoo as you begin your walking, the lush green fields and wonderful hedgerows
It sounds perfect apart from the temps of 28c. I was hoping it would not be too busy.....not that I am anti social or anything just not keen on crowds. Desperately hoping that Napolean will be open .....or will be doing my impression of "the Grande olde Duke of Yorke" marching up to Orisson and back down again the next day....I hope this year is similar ..... I heard someone describe the Camino as walking through a different postcard every day...and from videos it certainly looks beautiful whatever the weather..I cannot wait for my turn to walk in those postcards.

Hi all, So far I have only booked accomodation in BaYonne and at Orisson, do I need to book or just turn up in SJPdP......am bit confused as some recommend booking and others not. I guess a lot will depend on time of year you started out. I plan to arrive on the first train from Bayonne on the 22nd April....mid week....so may be quieter than a weekend....also if I should book ....Where would you recommend......I tend to favour smaller places...but for the rest of the walk I intend to go with the flow.....big or small....thank you in advance. Fiona

You would probably be certain to get a bed at the Municipal Albergue in St. Jean, but if you would like to start your Camino with a warm welcome, a delicious meal, and a good night's sleep in a relatively small albergue in St. Jean, I suggest that you book ahead at Beilari (www.beilari.info), formerly L'Esprit du Chemin. The albergue has an excellent reputation and it's a great way to meet other pilgrims. I think you are wise to have booked ahead at Orrison, too, and after that you can easily go with the flow all the way to Santiago!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
It sounds perfect apart from the temps of 28c. I was hoping it would not be too busy.....not that I am anti social or anything just not keen on crowds. Desperately hoping that Napolean will be open .....or will be doing my impression of "the Grande olde Duke of Yorke" marching up to Orisson and back down again the next day....I hope this year is similar ..... I heard someone describe the Camino as walking through a different postcard every day...and from videos it certainly looks beautiful whatever the weather..I cannot wait for my turn to walk in those postcards.

Get your credentials then walk to any alberque within 100 metres .
The office will tell you which has beds available.
You will ""not"" get 28c Fionna...................collect the money if anyone wants to bet. It has happened but not very often.
Going over the top at the start is not the be all end all .......the Valcarlos route is beautiful if mountain is closed. If mountain is open there is no guarantee you will see anything in April.
It was closed for us in early May.
Go with the flow mate but retain your space/peace @ all costs.
You will have a wonderful time Fionna,
Buen Camino

Hi thornley....thanks for your reassuring reply 're weather......I don't think I could crawl in 28c let alone walk...I just love being in the mountains....but as you say if you cannot see anything because of weather....or are putting yourself and others in danger.....then there is no point.......Will be happy with valcarlos if needs be.....learning to go with the flow and not stress about things....:)

You would probably be certain to get a bed at the Municipal Albergue in St. Jean, but if you would like to start your Camino with a warm welcome, a delicious meal, and a good night's sleep in a relatively small albergue in St. Jean, I suggest that you book ahead at Beilari (www.beilari.info), formerly L'Esprit du Chemin. The albergue has an excellent reputation and it's a great way to meet other pilgrims. I think you are wise to have booked ahead at Orrison, too, and after that you can easily go with the flow all the way to Santiago!
Thanks Marylynn I would like all of those things and think this is part of my dilemma.....should I book ahead at somewhere I would like or learn to take life as it comes.....have not booked anywhere else after orisson as not sure how far I will walk each day at the beginning......I initially thought that you could not book ahead ....and was happy with that...in fact I think it was part of the attraction for doing the camino.......now I know at some places you can ....it has become so much more complicated.....the internal battle to be organised is strong....and I would very much like to just go with the flow.....not sure which will win.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You will ""not"" get 28c Fionna...................collect the money if anyone wants to bet. It has happened but not very often.
Going over the top at the start is not the be all end all .......the Valcarlos route is beautiful if mountain is closed. If mountain is open there is no guarantee you will see anything in April.
Buen Camino
Hi thornley. I too was wondering what universe Kevin's Camino was in. I'm reading anything 'weather related for late April, nothing matched this terrific temp. Reading averages on mountains (I'm actually interested in El Salvador /primitivo ) I have been intending to make a decision when I reach Madrid. Knowing possibility of cold and wet I may opt for Salamanca to Sdc,) I wish I could make up my mind now and live with it.

Annie

Hi thornley. I too was wondering what universe Kevin's Camino was in.

Ha ha Its a multiverse don't you know ;)

I promise it's true. April 2013 had very large snow falls which closed the Napoleon. I left on 13th from SJPdP and I think it opened again on the 15th.

Walking the first week was glorious sunshine and + 28c as a peak - and I think it was mentioned in some threads which when I have a moment I'll check,

Thanks Marylynn I would like all of those things and think this is part of my dilemma.....should I book ahead at somewhere I would like or learn to take life as it comes.....have not booked anywhere else after orisson as not sure how far I will walk each day at the beginning......I initially thought that you could not book ahead ....and was happy with that...in fact I think it was part of the attraction for doing the camino.......now I know at some places you can ....it has become so much more complicated.....the internal battle to be organised is strong....and I would very much like to just go with the flow.....not sure which will win.
Hi Fiona
I 'm planning to begin walking similar time. 25 the april. I don't believe this will be the busiest time even on the Frances.
I do agree with Kevin in respect of 'going with the flow' with the sjpdp pilgrim office recommendation re both weather and a place to sleep for the night in sjpdp.
Live in the edge , Lol

You really are going to have the most wonderful time Fiona
The pilgrim office will look after you and make sure you'll be in a place where you'll be happy and comfortable . Sjpdp is such a pretty place to spend time just looking about. After the pilgrim office., walk further up the hill , check out the view.

The Orisson booking will give you a good start and I'm sure you'll leave there with some of your ' Camino family '

Buen Camino

Annie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

I promise it's true. April 2013 had very large snow falls which closed the Napoleon. I left on 13th from SJPdP and I think it opened again on the 15th.

Walking the first week was glorious sunshine and + 28c as a peak - and I think it was mentioned in some threads which when I have a moment I'll check,
That's great Kevin
I'm hoping I find the same portal to that universe this April/may.
We always hope and pray for perfect weather, but in the back there are those niggling reminders of posters advising of the cold and wet they encountered. I haven't yet walked in mountains in this time of year but 2012 same time on Portuguese from Porto was great weather too.

I'm happy enough with cool weather. Great to walk in cool temps. Just praying for rain and chill to hold off a little.
If I find your portal ...... Great. Very encouraging.

Annie

I think I remember having a very hot spring here in uk.....just can't remember which year it was.....I think it turned out to be the best part of the year

Hi Fiona
I 'm planning to begin walking similar time. 25 the april. I don't believe this will be the busiest time even on the Frances.
I do agree with Kevin in respect of 'going with the flow' with the sjpdp pilgrim office recommendation re both weather and a place to sleep for the night in sjpdp.
Live in the edge , Lol

You really are going to have the most wonderful time Fiona
The pilgrim office will look after you and make sure you'll be in a place where you'll be happy and comfortable . Sjpdp is such a pretty place to spend time just looking about. After the pilgrim office., walk further up the hill , check out the view.

The Orisson booking will give you a good start and I'm sure you'll leave there with some of your ' Camino family '

Buen Camino

Annie
Thank you Annie....I am really looking forward to having a full day in SJPdP to enjoy the beautiful scenery....a pleasant pause before the main event..... think I need to stop worrying about it....and forget that you can book ahead....it was so much simpler before I found that out...Will look out for you along the way....Buen Camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I'm with Marylynn, Beilari gets my vote and it is right across from the Pilgrims office. A great start to the Camino.

Hi Fiona

Again I also stayed in what was formerly Chemin du Esprit (www.beilari.info), which was an amazing experience. Arrived alone on August 29th 2013 but after the 1st night, I left next morning with an amazing bunch of people. Some stayed together on and off right to Santiago 31 days later. Great food warm and welcoming! Opportunity to relax and everyone shared their stories on why they were there. You need a good rest before the climb to Roncevalles. Ger

Thank you Ger, I think from comments above that Beilari is quite the favourite.... if I was to book ......that is one of the places I would choose.....but I am going to try (for now:confused:) to trust to fate and not book anything......have checked out a few places on internet and most look ok. If I am meant to stay there .... a bed will be available when I arrive....if not..... I am sure my experience elsewhere will be equally as good....and then I also have Orisson to look forward too....my concerns were driven more by the fact that there may not be a bed available......but I am now quite sure that will not be the case.....fingers crossed.....I am still chillin...:cool:

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Oh and I had better come clean - I will be about a week ahead of you - I'm departing SJPdP on April 8th.

Now they have told you it is addictive ?
Hi Kevin,

I will be three days behind you. My son and I are departing on 11 April

Dont know if it is necessary in April but I booked Beilari in advance. A friend stayed there a couple of years back when under the old management and recommended it so just in case it would fill up, I booked. Another guy I know was in St Jean March 3rd and even though a number of albergues were not yet opened he had no problems finding a bed

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Do you mind me asking those of you who are recommending Beilari.....are your recommendations based only on your experience at Beilari or have you stayed at other establishments in SJPdP as well...?

Do you mind me asking those of you who are recommending Beilari.....are your recommendations based only on your experience at Beilari or have you stayed at other establishments in SJPdP as well...?

Hi Fiona,
We have stayed there many times and its good.
When we arrived from Le Puy they allowed us to stay 2 nights to catch up with friends from a previous camino who live in the town.
However so are other places in the village , they all care for the pilgrim and its lights out well before 10pm.
Please don't take this the wrong way but just let YOUR camino happen.
The best parties i have ever attended were never planned.
Until a few days before you will have no idea about the weather so just let it happen .
Over 100,000 women walk the camino each year which could mean a 100,000 versions on any topic.
Keep it simple Fiona , enjoy the hills and the training, not too much before you go and have a great time.

Hi Fiona,
I recall reading somewhere that if you book Orrison and the Napoleon route is closed the people at Orrison will drive you back to the Valcarlos route so you don't have to retrace your steps! Open to correction mind!
Buen Camino
Rita

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Fiona,
I recall reading somewhere that if you book Orrison and the Napoleon route is closed the people at Orrison will drive you back to the Valcarlos route so you don't have to retrace your steps! Open to correction mind!
Buen Camino
Rita
I think I read that too.....fingers crossed for a bright crisp morning though

I think I read that too.....fingers crossed for a bright crisp morning though
Ya I'm hoping the Napoleon route will be open for me too, first week of June so should be more likely ;-)

Hi Fiona,
When we arrived from Le Puy they allowed us to stay 2 nights to catch up with friends from a previous camino who live in the town.
However so are other places in the village , they all care for the pilgrim and its lights out well before 10pm.
Until a few days before you will have no idea about the weather so just let it happen .
Over 100,000 women walk the camino each year which could mean a 100,000 versions on any topic.
Keep it simple Fiona , enjoy the hills and the training, not too much before you go and have a great time.
Ya I'm hoping the Napoleon route will be open for me too, first week of June so should be more likely ;-)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Have been watching some of the recent threads with the snow reports and although I love snow I am glad I am not out in it now and hopefully it will be mostly gone by the time we get there.....enjoy
Hi Fiona,
Definitely not booking....just turning up.....super chilled

Have been watching some of the recent threads with the snow reports and although I love snow I am glad I am not out in it now and hopefully it will be mostly gone by the time we get there.....enjoy

Definitely not booking....just turning up.....super chilled

Great idea Fiona, i will now close on these little bits of advice
An old italian who had walked from Mt Blanc told us in Le Puy on the start of our 1600km camino;
If i commence like an old man and i should finish as a young one....have done this every year since .....short days[18km x 3 days]
The reverse is very obvious when you watch what happens.
A very funny german told us in Figeac when we were drenched the following;
German Field Marshall Romell once said " That no plan survives contact"
The camino ensures that.

Safe,enjoyable caminos to the above who start this year.
David

Last edited:
Fiona -- appreciate you asking the question -- I had the same one -- will arrive in SJPdP on the evening of the 28th of March and will start the adventure on the 29th of March -- will figure it out when I get there -- makes it much more entertaining -- worst case -- I cuddle up in my sleeping bag in the park : ) -- but will try to get a room at Beilari -- when it comes right down to it -- it is all about the adventure -- Buen Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Fiona -- appreciate you asking the question -- I had the same one -- will arrive in SJPdP on the evening of the 28th of March and will start the adventure on the 29th of March -- will figure it out when I get there -- makes it much more entertaining -- worst case -- I cuddle up in my sleeping bag in the park : ) -- but will try to get a room at Beilari -- when it comes right down to it -- it is all about the adventure -- Buen Camino
Brrrr ...........that is certainly the chilly option .......enjoy your camino.....not long now:)

Fiona, I know exactly how you feel. I felt the same way before I walked the first time with a friend in May2011 from Leon to Santiago. We didn't quite believe what we were hearing about ease of finding beds, food, safety, and physical demands so we created a rigid walking plan that included far toooo many rest days. We tossed that on Day2 and had a wonderful time!
When I returned home I realized I had caught the "Camino bug." I was infected and the only cure was to return in October to walk the parts we had avoided. I'm still infected, and I have no plans to stop walking, until I can't. You, too, will easily overcome your urge to be ultra-organized and you will enjoy the 'go with the flow' aspect of the Camino--that's part of its magic. It all works out.
I do recommend booking ahead in St. Jean and Orrison to ease your mind about finding a space in those early, most challenging days. Roncescalles, the next destination is quite large and there will be bed for you there. After that continue with your original plan to not book ahead--it is indeed an attraction of the Camino. I enjoyed the municipal and parrochial albergues for their simplicity, low cost, and the sense of community, and I think you, too, will relax after the first few days as you ease into the rhythm of the Camino and feel more confident about the availability of accommodations, and as you develop your own routines. It won't take long to catch on to the way things work.
In short, submit to your "internal battle to be organised" for the first few days, then switch to your plan to "just go with the flow." You don't know what you will like (or need) ahead of time. Have fun!

Hi Kevin,

I will be three days behind you. My son and I are departing on 11 April
Fiona, I know exactly how you feel. I felt the same way before I walked the first time with a friend in May2011 from Leon to Santiago. We didn't quite believe what we were hearing about ease of finding beds, food, safety, and physical demands so we created a rigid walking plan that included far toooo many rest days. We tossed that on Day2 and had a wonderful time!
When I returned home I realized I had caught the "Camino bug." I was infected and the only cure was to return in October to walk the parts we had avoided. I'm still infected, and I have no plans to stop walking, until I can't. You, too, will easily overcome your urge to be ultra-organized and you will enjoy the 'go with the flow' aspect of the Camino--that's part of its magic. It all works out.
I do recommend booking ahead in St. Jean and Orrison to ease your mind about finding a space in those early, most challenging days. Roncescalles, the next destination is quite large and there will be bed for you there. After that continue with your original plan to not book ahead--it is indeed an attraction of the Camino. I enjoyed the municipal and parrochial albergues for their simplicity, low cost, and the sense of community, and I think you, too, will relax after the first few days as you ease into the rhythm of the Camino and feel more confident about the availability of accommodations, and as you develop your own routines. It won't take long to catch on to the way things work.
In short, submit to your "internal battle to be organised" for the first few days, then switch to your plan to "just go with the flow." You don't know what you will like (or need) ahead of time. Have fun!
Thank you Marylynn that sounds like very good advice.....for now at least I am continuing to fight the need to be organised as I should arrive in SJPdP around 9 am and have plenty of time to arrange my accomodation.....with about a month to go that could still change....but for now that's my plan.....which of course was my original plan before I started to over think things. I have Orisson booked so no worries there. I actually think it would be impossible to plan ahead for the whole 30 + days .....so I may as well give in to the "go with the flow" theory and save myself a lot of time. I feel like I have already caught the camino bug.....long may it reign....Thank you again

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Buen Camino
Hi thornley.....should have taken those bets on the weather...you were right we have not had temps of 28'c we have had 30'c plus for nearly 2 weeks...phew

Hi thornley.....should have taken those bets on the weather...you were right we have not had temps of 28'c we have had 30'c plus for nearly 2 weeks...phew

Give us an update Fionna it should be fascinating reading.
In those temp , start early and finish early.
We commence in France on 18/6 , it might be hot seeing your temp.'s this early.

Give us an update Fionna it should be fascinating reading.
In those temp , start early and finish early.
We commence in France on 18/6 , it might be hot seeing your temp.'s this early.
From just before Burgos to a couple of days ago...really hot quite a few evenings still 30' at 7pm.....Was tough on Meseta....carried two litres of water ....one to drink...one to wear....only way I could keep cool.....some people have had heat stroke....cooler today only 17'c so nice walk to Vega Dr Valcarce....

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Do internet search for Spanish heat wave 2015.....apparently temps have broken a number of European records for may.....and I don't even like Sun and heat...

Do internet search for Spanish heat wave 2015.....apparently temps have broken a number of European records for may.....and I don't even like Sun and heat...

Raining in San Sebastian.
Had friends on walking from Seville who had to stop .
Keep your wet gear for Galicia,
Keep safe and have a wonderful time.
When you look back you will feel mighty proud

Raining in San Sebastian.
Had friends on walking from Seville who had to stop .
Keep your wet gear for Galicia,
Keep safe and have a wonderful time.
When you look back you will feel mighty proud
Near normal temps now I think....but blue skies all the way....Only two days to go and have carried wet gear the width of Spain to wear once....

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
On the other hand, one May it rained on me for 26 of the 31 days! You never know... ;)
That was kind of what I was expecting.....on the one day it did rain was torrential
would not have minded a few more rainy days....after all I am British......x

That was kind of what I was expecting.....on the one day it did rain was torrential
would not have minded a few more rainy days....after all I am British......x

You will be praying for rain when the ashes are on Fionna..............LOL

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
What time does the municipal albergue open in SJPP? If I arrive on the first bus from Pamplona next Sunday (16:15 PM), is it likely that it will be full? Or does there tend to be space because so many people try to book ahead at other albergues that allow reservations?

Also, does the bus from Pamplona often sell out, or am I okay buying a ticket less than an hour before?

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
When you arrive in SJPdP go first to the Pilgrim Office at 39 rue de La Citadelle. The volunteers also staff and provide access to the municipal albergue. If the municipal is full they will assist you in finding another place to stay. At the office you can obtain a Credential, weather/trail info and a great deal of helpful multi-lingual advice.

Buen camino!

On the other hand, one May it rained on me for 26 of the 31 days! You never know... ;)
Near normal temps now I think....but blue skies all the way....Only two days to go and have carried wet gear the width of Spain to wear once....
have arrived Santiago...mighty proud but mostly of my feet for carrying me all the way.....with no blisters....
treated them today to a nice new pair of sandals and promised them no boots for two days xx

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back