• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Size of the Credencial?

neilbron

Hi everyone,

I've been reading this forum on and off for quite some time, and thanks to the wonderful contributors, it is full of useful information on almost very topic. I'm planning to walk the Camino Frances with my wife in September/November 2018 and so I have started some serious planning. My gear list is done and my backpack sits at a theoretical 7.1 kg including luxuries of extra socks!

One thing I am curious about is the size of the Credencial when folded. I've looked at a lot of photos but can't work out the size.
I'd like to work out where and how to safely stow it as I'm walking.

Thanks in advance,

Neil.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Depends on which one you have Neil......
I have 2 types. But there are others.

155 mm x 100 mm (From Ivar)

IX7ArX.jpg

176 mmx 100 mm (From the Pilgrim office in St Jean)

j7RD44.jpg

Last edited:
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Just a word of caution Neil. Make sure it is not somewhere where it can get wet or sweat stained.
I kept mine in a ziplock bag. Inside a security wallet around my neck........along with money and passport.
The credencial was fine, the passport got soaked in sweat!
In a hipbelt it might also get a bit crushed.... That might not matter to you though.

Good advice Robo, I'll make sure it is in a plastic protector of some sort, and yes, I don't want it crushed. I hope to have a beautiful collections of sellos when I finish.
Thanks again.

Hi... You can always order your credential and it will be sent to your home from this site, no having to worry about getting it anywhere along the way.

Chris

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thanks Chris,
Yes, I saw that Ivar had them for sale. I like the idea of picking mine up in St Jean, sort of bookmarks the 'start' of the journey.
Cheers, Neil.

Just a word of caution Neil. Make sure it is not somewhere where it can get wet or sweat stained.
I kept mine in a ziplock bag. Inside a security wallet around my neck........along with money and passport.
The credencial was fine, the passport got soaked in sweat!
In a hipbelt it might also get a bit crushed.... That might not matter to you though.

And have it somewhere with in easy reach when arriving at accommodation

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi everyone,

I've been reading this forum on and off for quite some time, and thanks to the wonderful contributors, it is full of useful information on almost very topic. I'm planning to walk the Camino Frances with my wife in September/November 2018 and so I have started some serious planning. My gear list is done and my backpack sits at a theoretical 7.1 kg including luxuries of extra socks!

One thing I am curious about is the size of the Credencial when folded. I've looked at a lot of photos but can't work out the size.
I'd like to work out where and how to safely stow it as I'm walking.

Thanks in advance,

Neil.
They are not that big that you need to worry about space, we carried ours in plastic zip-lock baggies and put it in the top zippered compartment of our backpacks.Advice .... bring extra zip-lock plastic baggies, they save weight and come in very handy for many purposes and you can see whats inside unlike compression sacks

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back