• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Snow in Burgos

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Snow also on the way into León today and apparently some yesterday although it missed me.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
This is what all Inexperienced Pilgrims need to see. One can still get caught out and I know this is not The Napoleon route but it might just as well be. Stick to the roads if you still have to walk.

This is what all Inexperienced Pilgrims need to see. One can still get caught out and I know this is not The Napoleon route but it might just as well be. Stick to the roads if you still have to walk.

A story today on a couple of Navarra websites. Korean pilgrim rescued by the local bomberos yesterday after getting lost and suffering from hypothermia on the Route Napoleon. Just because Camino routes are officially "open" that does not mean that it is necessarily safe to walk without adequate preparation and careful judgment.

http://www.navarrainformacion.es/20...hu-KGmdUF6qoeottCKAP_-otfRYrCYwp-nqsOG9dKLpgo

I'm 20km ish from Burgos.. definitely potential hyperthermia weather for the less prepared. And so is sitting around in wet gear once in your albergue, don't forget to shower and change straight away. I've seen peeps get hypothermia like this in my army days.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Walked from Atapuerca to Burgos today through constant heavy freezing rain and snow. It’s still only 6 degrees, 2 when we started. Lots of pilgrims taking the bus and taxis, they just didn’t have the wet weather gear.

In Villavilla de Burgos. No snow, but occasional very heavy rain. Invested 2 euros in a hat.
People from warm countries - stay indoors and wait for it to pass.
People from northern climes - you'll need your coat.
(This does not apply to the Route Napoleon - take local advice.)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Rain, sleet, snow and high winds yesterday through the mountain pass at Acebo where you cross from Asturias into Galacia on the Primitivo. Snow this morning in Fonsgrada. Temp just above freezing. Tomorrow though and through next week temperatures in high teens and sun. Camino in April 😊

Guess this answers my question as to whether I should wear my cold weather boots or not. Arriving in Burgos 1st May.

Guess this answers my question as to whether I should wear my cold weather boots or not. Arriving in Burgos 1st May.
It's April. At this time of year, that kind of thing comes and goes. And by May 1 it could be hot for all we know right now - and then you'd be lugging those boots around, @gerip. If it were me, I'd leave them home. But that's one person's opinion, so TIFWIW.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Arriving in Burgos on May 2nd to walk to Leon. The weather weather forecast looks ok, what it like there now? Not planning to bring heavy clothes. If my clothes are wrong, I will buy new closes in Burgos.

On April 25 snowing around A Gudina on the Sanabres/VDLP. Luckily we saw it from the train on the way to starting at Ourense. Saw a newspaper headline saying that this past April was the rainiest since the 60s. Pouring rain when we got to Ourense, but unbelievably the sun came out the next morning when we started and the weather stayed perfect all the way to Santiago. It's better to be lucky than a good planner, it seems.

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hoping someone will have some new ideas for me! I always bring a box to Spain to mail to my friends in Madrid. It has for years had the following items — boxes of Vanilla Chai tea bags, Dentyne...
Hello, We are planning to hike the Camino with our young children in September. We aren't tied to a specific route, but we only have 10 days to walk and our kids can only do ~10 miles per day...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.