• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino soulful road | field notes from the camino (video) & update

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Re: soulful road | field notes from the camino (video)

Beautiful entry bigskymin! :D Thank you so much for sharing. But alas, I think you are much more intrepid than I. One will not find me trekking The Camino in snowy conditions. :!: :lol:

I look forward to more entries and will be checking your soulroad.wordpress.com link. Love and Light to you dear.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Thanks for the video and blog - excellent. Go well,

Andy

Hi bigskymind -

I'm enjoying your visual and written blog. I am not as intrepid as you either, preferring warm sun and occasional rain to snow..which I live with.

I wish you a safe journey and a warm fire at the end of the day!

lynne

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Congradulations Kim you made it indeed!

You told me of your plans during my birthday visit to Moratinos in July. I have been following you with great interest since then.

Many thanks for sharing your words and videos with us.

Wishing you warmth, light and inspiration for 2011!

LT

Well done Kim and well done also for doing your camino at this time of year.
You've made it a very special trip which is great.

Buen camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Wow! Gutsy! I love the snow so I admire the strength. Was it difficult to find albuergues open? Was it more expensive then?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Having just done 10 miles here at home in the snow...with an intentionally heavy day pack...I truly appreciate what you did! Wow!

I'm a little late to the party, but I wanted to say I'm in awe of your snowy Camino and your beautiful videos. Seeing the Cruz de Ferro pictured again, even snow-covered (I was there in July 2010) was really special for me. It was one of those experiences that took me by surprise on the Camino; I hadn't expected it to be a terribly important moment for me, and I ended up scrawling a letter to leave at the very last minute, fishing a pen out and sitting on my pack to write it. But I had a really special experience at the Cruz de Ferro-- I truly left what I had not thought I would be able to leave there, as easily as leaving a package, and I spent the rest of the day in awe, of the place, of my myself, and of the Camino's power in general. I promised myself that if I ever forgot the power of the Cruz de Ferro I would get myself a map of it, circle where the CdF was in red marker, and frame it for my wall.

Of course if I did that for every place I was moved on the Camino (including several spots in Finisterre which you also picture in your beautiful videos) it would be a pretty crowded map!

Thank you for pausing on your Camino to create and share these, they are beautiful, and give those who haven't yet been able to walk their Camino inspiration and excitement, and give those who once walked it and miss it terribly a chance to see a place that is near and dear to them through someone else's clear and beautiful vision.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Love the images, music, Rumi quotes, and artistic wisdom...beautiful! How creative and perfectly soulful!
A fellow wanderer- peace on your evolving journey!
Susan

soulful road | field notes from the camino (video) wrap-up

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/18361283[/vimeo]

thank you everyone for your kind words and heartfelt comments. all the best to you as you prepare for (or remember) your own unique journey. ultreya! - kim

http://www.soulfulroad.wordpress.com

'the things to come were too fantastic not to tell.' - jack kerouac, on the road

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.