• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sponge Bob Square Feet

LesBrass

Likes Walking
Time of past OR future Camino
yes...
... at least that is what my husband called me this morning... along with saying that my feet look like bricks with toes (and to make matters worse my second toe is longer than my big toe)... in short my feet provide plenty of amusement... except :confused:

My feet have lost weight along with the rest of me and my shoes are now too big :(

I bought my shoes a few months ago and was really happy with them. I put them away as I thought I would start walking in them 8 weeks before my walk... just to ensure all was well. I wore my Keen's wide fit yesterday and my foot was really moving around. Today I went out in my Salomon's (I wore for my second camino) and my foot was sliding forward.

I've just measured my feet and they are 1cm less around in the widest part and they are 1/2 cm shorter.

So I'm back into the shoe nightmare... I'm going to try my Teva's tomorrow and see how they feel. My local circuit is loose stone and uneven surface so I can see how well they work for me... maybe I'll just walk in these?

I can't tell you how sad I am now... I thought I had my footware totally sussed!

Anyone want to buy some Keen's... only 9km on them o_O

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
What about an extra pair of good insoles, like 'Superfeet' ones.
Take up the excess room and make them more cushioned?
Regards
Gerard

... at least that is what my husband called me this morning... along with saying that my feet look like bricks with toes (and to make matters worse my second toe is longer than my big toe)... in short my feet provide plenty of amusement... except :confused:

My feet have lost weight along with the rest of me and my shoes are now too big :(

I bought my shoes a few months ago and was really happy with them. I put them away as I thought I would start walking in them 8 weeks before my walk... just to ensure all was well. I wore my Keen's wide fit yesterday and my foot was really moving around. Today I went out in my Salomon's (I wore for my second camino) and my foot was sliding forward.

I've just measured my feet and they are 1cm less around in the widest part and they are 1/2 cm shorter.

So I'm back into the shoe nightmare... I'm going to try my Teva's tomorrow and see how they feel. My local circuit is loose stone and uneven surface so I can see how well they work for me... maybe I'll just walk in these?

I can't tell you how sad I am now... I thought I had my footware totally sussed!

Anyone want to buy some Keen's... only 9km on them o_O
Hi Colleen, sorry they are propably not my size.
Hope that you find a good pair off shoes soon.
Wish you well, Peter.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
What about an extra pair of good insoles, like 'Superfeet' ones.
Take up the excess room and make them more cushioned?
Regards
Gerard
If you do Super Feet, be sure to take the original inserts too. I sure wish I had.

Are you sure that some lacing adjustments won't help? The reason I like my Salomons is that I can wear a very roomy size and not have my foot slip forward. Experiment with inner soles and shoes too. A heavier sock can make a half-size difference.

Are you sure that some lacing adjustments won't help? The reason I like my Salomons is that I can wear a very roomy size and not have my foot slip forward. Experiment with inner soles and shoes too. A heavier sock can make a half-size difference.
Walking day after day after day in them - more than you will walk in training - will most likely make your feet swell so I wouldn't go smaller, but use the suggestions here. Also, my feet were bigger in the afternoons. I would switch to a lighter weight sock and liner (which was good anyway for keeping my feet dry) and my shoes fit well again. Flexibility is the key.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello and many thanks for the ideas folks.

I've tried lacing the Keen's differently but it's not working at the moment... but I will keep trying. The Salomons that I wore last time have the auto lacing so I am limited with technics.

I've already allowed for swelling of feet in the exisiting size and I'm also wearing double socks, so sadly I dont think this will help me... likewise I've tried liners before and not had huge success. :(

After my first camino when I suffered from blisters I'm really nervous to start off with badly fitted shoes. I thought I had it all sorted after my second Camino... goes to show that I shouldn't take things for granted! The little bit of good news is that my original Salomon's do come in half sizes so maybe, as my foot is a little narrower now, these will work? I am planning/hoping to lose a little more weight before I go so I'll wait a few more weeks before deciding. :confused:

Oh well, @LesBrass you know me, I say go with the sandals! Hope you work it out and thinking of you.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Oh well, @LesBrass you know me, I say go with the sandals! Hope you work it out and thinking of you.

Well I just did my ciruit in my Teva's and they felt better than either the Keen's or the Salomons. I bought my Teva's in February and they have hardly left my feet and I bought my actual size... but this works fine walking across the stoney chemin that surrounds our house. I'm going to try the Barefoot Xero's tomorrow now and see how these fare. :D

I still think I need a pair of shoes as I'll be finishing in November... but maybe I'll search for a lightweight trail shoe to have as a second shoe to my sandal? Too much choice is not good for me :D

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.