• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

St Jean to Muxia in 20 days - or less!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigermike

Time of past OR future Camino
CF: April/May 2018. CF Aug/Sep 2018. CF May/June 2019.
CF: Aug/Sep 2019, CF: Aug/Sep 2020
So this time next week I’ll be back in St Jean on the eve of an arguably insane self-imposed challenge; the Camino Frances, end-to-end, in 20 days – or less.
I'd rather not get into any debate about why, we all have our reasons, suffice to say that I'm somewhat addicted to long walks and this will be my tenth. The (warm up) ninth was May/June this year at a more sedate pace, sort of, with the notable exception of the 55km Las Herrerias to Barbadelo one day hike.
Turning 70 earlier this year was bad enough, and living under the shadow of cancer and CAD doesn’t help, but walking the Camino at a speed that gets the serotonin and dopamine valves pumping certainly does. Guess that makes me a Camino junkie !
Anyway, I’m very excited about hitting the road again next Sunday and can't wait...
I’ll miss the relaxing afternoon beers and conversation with fellow pilgrims as am unlikely to hit my waypoints until 5pm each day. Then a welcome hot shower, supper and early to bed.
6 o'clock starts each morning and if I pace myself correctly, mentally and physically, and stick to my schedule, all should be well. It will be a very different experience this time and especially sad not to become part of a new Camino family; one if not the most magical aspects of every Camino adventure so far.
Unless of course there are other fast-walkers out there looking for company, in which case you're most welcome to tag along -I’m easy to spot: 1.85m tall, head-band, ponytail, rust-coloured Osprey Kode 32 pack, flying Ukrainian solidarity ribbons, twin Leki poles and a smile – always a smile…

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
So this time next week I’ll be back in St Jean on the eve of an arguably insane self-imposed challenge; the CF, end-to-end, in 20 days – or less.

I don’t want to get into any debate about why, suffice to say that its my tenth, and the (warm up) ninth was May/June this year at a more sedate pace, sort of, with the notable exception of the Las Herrerias to Barbadelo (Rente) one day hike.

Turning 70 earlier this year was bad enough, and living with cancer and CAD doesn’t help, but walking the Camino at a speed that gets the serotonin/dopamine valves pumping certainly does – guess that makes me a Camino junkie and I’m very excited about hitting the road again next Sunday.

I’ll miss the relaxing afternoon beers and conversation with fellow pilgrims this time round as am unlikely to hit my waypoints until 5pm each day. Equally the Camino family meet-ups in the Cathedral Square in SdC won’t happen as I’ll just grab my Compostella on Day 18 and head on out to Negreira. Maybe when I get back around September 24...

So if there’s another fast-walker out there looking for company, I’m easy to spot: 1.85m tall, head-band, ponytail, rust-coloured Osprey Kode 32 pack flying Ukrainian solidarity ribbons, twin Leki poles and a smile – always a smile…
Good effort that. Go for it! ! Look forward to hearing how it goes! Sure you can have a few beers /wines in the evening! Took me 26 days… I am very slow and wasn’t finishing up until 1800 or so and still able to have a few beers/ vinos with plenty of folks !

Last edited:
So this time next week I’ll be back in St Jean on the eve of an arguably insane self-imposed challenge; the CF, end-to-end, in 20 days – or less.

I don’t want to get into any debate about why, suffice to say that its my tenth, and the (warm up) ninth was May/June this year at a more sedate pace, sort of, with the notable exception of the Las Herrerias to Barbadelo (Rente) one day hike.

Turning 70 earlier this year was bad enough, and living with cancer and CAD doesn’t help, but walking the Camino at a speed that gets the serotonin/dopamine valves pumping certainly does – guess that makes me a Camino junkie and I’m very excited about hitting the road again next Sunday.

I’ll miss the relaxing afternoon beers and conversation with fellow pilgrims this time round as am unlikely to hit my waypoints until 5pm each day. Equally the Camino family meet-ups in the Cathedral Square in SdC won’t happen as I’ll just grab my Compostella on Day 18 and head on out to Negreira. Maybe when I get back around September 24...

So if there’s another fast-walker out there looking for company, I’m easy to spot: 1.85m tall, head-band, ponytail, rust-coloured Osprey Kode 32 pack flying Ukrainian solidarity ribbons, twin Leki poles and a smile – always a smile…
rock & roll along...go for it..what's that? about 40k+ per day? Ultreia!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
If you have the energy please start a LIVE from the Camino thread so that we can follow your journey, though I understand that the forum won't be your top priority!

I'll be rooting for you.
Buen Camino!

If you have the energy please start a LIVE from the Camino thread so that we can follow your journey, though I understand that the forum won't be your top priority!

I'll be rooting for you.
Buen Camino!
Thank you @trecile for that and I'm sure the energy will be there, so YES - happy to give it a go !!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Here's the route, accommodation all booked out of necessity, actual daily kms may vary.

Saturday. September 2. St Jean Pied du Port.

1). Sunday. 3/9. 40 kms. Lintzoain.

2). Monday. 4/9. 41 kms. Zariquiegui.

3). Tuesday. 5/9. 42 kms. Azqueta.

4). Wednesday. 6/9. 43kms. Logrono.

5). Thursday. 7/9. 52 kms. Santo Domingo.

6). Friday. 8/9. 49 kms. Ages.

7). Saturday 9/9. 43 kms. Hornillos.

8). Sunday. 10/9. 45 kms. Fromista.

9). Monday. 11/9. 42 kms. Ledigos.

10). Tuesday. 12/9. 46kms. Reliegos.

11). Wednesday. 13/9. 52 kms. San Martin.

12). Thursday. 14/9. 44 kms. Rabanal.

13). Friday. 15/9. 42 kms. Camponaraya.

14). Saturday. 16/9. 41 kms. Laguna Castilla.

15). Sunday. 17/9. 46 kms. Vilei/Rente.

16). Monday. 18/9. 46 kms. Casanova.

17). Tuesday. 19/9. 55 kms. Lavacolla.

18). Wednesday. 20/9. 10 kms. Santiago de Compostella !!. & to Muxia…

18). Wednesday.20/9
. 21kms. Negreira.

19). Thursday. 21/9. 35 kms. O Logoso.

20). Friday. 22/9. Muxia. FINISH

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
By sheer coincidence - that's more or less like me, though I begin 4.Sep from Burgos to Hontanas - it's 35-40 km's from then on. My 7th camino - and I just realised some time ago, that ending early every day began to be tiresome. On other caminos I've often entered a town around 11.30-12.00 after walking 25-30 km's. I'm a natural fast walker. I still vividly remember a day where I began the days walk in Burgos and was in Hornillos by 10. PS: just checked - you'll be passing me just after Sarria where I stay in Barbedelo and you in Vilei. Wave when you pass me the next morning - 6 foot 6 with military backpack. 😅😅

Last edited:
By sheer coincidence - that's more or less like me, though I begin 4.Sep from Burgos to Hontanas - it's 35-40 km's from then on. My 7th camino - and I just realised some time ago, that ending early every day began to be tiresome. On other caminos I've often entered a town around 11.30-12.00 after walking 25-30 km's. I'm a natural fast walker. I still vividly remember a day where I began the days walk in Burgos and was in Hornillos by 10. PS: just checked - you'll be passing me just after Sarria where I stay in Barbedelo and you in Vilei. Wave when you pass me the next morning - 6 foot 6 with military backpack. 😅😅
Yes, I understand completely about those early arrivals - often waiting a couple hours for the Albergue of choice to open ! When I discovered the joys of a long pasta lunch and the almost empty mid/late afternoon trail I was hooked. Do you ever get that wonderful buzz when you don't feel the weight of your pack and your feet seem to be walking on air ? Camino magic - pure inexplicable magic....

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yes, I understand completely about those early arrivals - often waiting a couple hours for the Albergue of choice to open ! When I discovered the joys of a long pasta lunch and the almost empty mid/late afternoon trail I was hooked. Do you ever get that wonderful buzz when you don't feel the weight of your pack and your feet seem to be walking on air ? Camino magic - pure inexplicable magic....
I do indeed. Once arriving in Leon around 11.30 with another pilgrim, and she thought it would be a good place to stop, my feet just wanted to continue. So I had lunch, we said goodbye and I blasted on to hospital del orbigo.

In June, I left Las Herrerias before sunrise, up and over O'Cebreiro and down to Triacastella, an uneventful hike and stopped for lunch before heading on to Sarria and then Casa Barbadello to meet up with my Camino buddy who was a day ahead of me. Took the San Xil route and suddenly, up ahead in the empty distance, a young deer appeared out of nowhere, stopped and looked me right in the eye. I froze, not wanting to scare it off, and fumbled for my cellphone to capture an image. And then the craziest thing happened - it walked right up to me - completely unafraid and lay down on the grass verge just 6 feet away from my feet.... Magic, pure unadulterated Camino magic - again, and I thought: This would never have happened if the trail had been busy and I had not been alone....

...and if I hadn't taken these images I would have forever thought it was just a dream.....

Attachments

• IMG_7341.JPG
    IMG_7341.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7342.JPG
    IMG_7342.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7346.JPG
    IMG_7346.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 49
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Always happy to share any tips on traveling light and staying out of trouble; things that work for me anyway. For example what to pack, and what not to, staying dry in a downpour, avoiding cramps and blisters, hydration and nutrition - many of the things discussed in other threads of course - but consecutive 10 hour days bring their own unique challenges...

Always happy to share any tips on traveling light and staying out of trouble; things that work for me anyway. For example what to pack, and what not to, staying dry in a downpour, avoiding cramps and blisters, hydration and nutrition - many of the things discussed in other threads of course - but consecutive 10 hour days bring their own unique challenges...
Thank you for these posts. Really looking to following your journey if / however you choose to share. I love the long days, which is just as well as I am very slow, but did a lot of 40kms days consecutively after initially doing 20-25km for a week and didn’t find the extra kms (after perhaps a week) too onerous. It takes me at least 10 hours, maybe 12 in some cases but I love it that way and II always message ahead so someone has a beer waiting for me on arrival! They had arrived 3 or 4 hours before me!

Last edited:
It will definitely be a challenge but doable. At 54 I walked SJPDP to Finisterre in 23 days and at 62 SJPDP to Santiago in 19 so you'll indeed need to do quite a few days of over 40 km. My longest ever was 60 km but that's because I missed a turnoff in the pouring rain near O Pedrouzo and needed to walk on to Lavacolla!

In my experience key is traveling extremely light (in my case under 5 kg). I'm lucky in that I recover quickly even after a really long stage but don't catch me after I've been sitting for a while haha, then I really look my age 😂.

People who don't know me (even some who do😉) don't understand and assume I rush. I don't, it's just my natural tempo. I leave when it's light and usually walk till mid afternoon which leaves me enough time to shower, wash clothes, go shopping or visit town then rest.

These days at 67 I'm still doing 35-40 km days but on lesser known Caminos with fewer accommodations so you don't have the same flexibility as you do on the Francés.

Good luck and ultreia!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes I think the long lunch with a few vinos followed by a long afternoon walk was the perfect combo for me. I have very little willpower so would have been easy to stay in the bar for many hours and then not move again. I tended to book a bed ahead and by then I was in ‘non refundable territory’ so that gave me the incentive to crack on!

Last edited:
So this time next week I’ll be back in St Jean on the eve of an arguably insane self-imposed challenge; the Camino Frances, end-to-end, in 20 days – or less.
I'd rather not get into any debate about why, we all have our reasons, suffice to say that I'm somewhat addicted to long walks and this will be my tenth. The (warm up) ninth was May/June this year at a more sedate pace, sort of, with the notable exception of the 55km Las Herrerias to Barbadelo one day hike.
Turning 70 earlier this year was bad enough, and living under the shadow of cancer and CAD doesn’t help, but walking the Camino at a speed that gets the serotonin and dopamine valves pumping certainly does. Guess that makes me a Camino junkie !
Anyway, I’m very excited about hitting the road again next Sunday and can't wait...
I’ll miss the relaxing afternoon beers and conversation with fellow pilgrims as am unlikely to hit my waypoints until 5pm each day. Then a welcome hot shower, supper and early to bed.
6 o'clock starts each morning and if I pace myself correctly, mentally and physically, and stick to my schedule, all should be well. It will be a very different experience this time and especially sad not to become part of a new Camino family; one if not the most magical aspects of every Camino adventure so far.
Unless of course there are other fast-walkers out there looking for company, in which case you're most welcome to tag along -I’m easy to spot: 1.85m tall, head-band, ponytail, rust-coloured Osprey Kode 32 pack, flying Ukrainian solidarity ribbons, twin Leki poles and a smile – always a smile…
Totally get where you are coming from. I also have a naturally fast cadence. I am 62 and did SJPP to Santiago in 22 days last years including a couple of unnecessary rest days. I just prefer the walking to sitting around. Good luck!

so would have been easy to stay in the bar for many hours and then not move again.
Sounds like the story of my last (May/June) Camino this year. After a long day we eventually
rocked up at our Albergue in Burgos, sat down at the bar and then proceeded, completely unintentionally mind, to drink one and a half bottles of rum !
Next morning I hadn't a clue what day it was, but with head throbbing mercilessly, we somehow managed to get to Castrojeriz.
Was great fun tormenting my buddy with: "are we there yet ?" every half hour or so..... :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I did my first Camino April/May 2023.As I read this there I was conflicted on my long walks. Before leaving, my days were planned, resting in Logrono Burgos Leon and Santiago. I walked with people who could get up at 5:30am and keep my pace with no stops. We would get to our destination by noon. Nice to do laundry and lunch early. Not until Burgos I had a rest day and had my Camino family dare me to catch up. I surprisingly did! My first 40 km day. So I did a 45km after Astorga and my final leg to Fisterre was 57 km. Loved the feeling of accomplishment!
My question is , I am conflicted to stay with my Camino family or do great personal bests distances. I think I did my best to marry the two. I would like to do again and just do long distances.

I did my first Camino April/May 2023.As I read this there I was conflicted on my long walks. Before leaving, my days were planned, resting in Logrono Burgos Leon and Santiago. I walked with people who could get up at 5:30am and keep my pace with no stops. We would get to our destination by noon. Nice to do laundry and lunch early. Not until Burgos I had a rest day and had my Camino family dare me to catch up. I surprisingly did! My first 40 km day. So I did a 45km after Astorga and my final leg to Fisterre was 57 km. Loved the feeling of accomplishment!
My question is , I am conflicted to stay with my Camino family or do great personal bests distances. I think I did my best to marry the two. I would like to do again and just do long distances.
Tricky I guess. I did SJDPP to SDQ in 26 days. Most people did it in less days (or similar days but just arriving at destination 3 or 4 hours before me). it was fine just meeting new folks each day and sometimes folks I had previously met. It’s amazing how often you just end up seeing the same folks. I prefer to meet lots of different folks anyway rather than form ‘deeper’ relationships with just a few.

From one who had major foot problems on my Camino last year, ultimate respect, Gentlemen!! Amazing accomplishments, all. Just curious, Tiger Mike, what kind of shoes did you wear for this marathon event? I'm sort of assuming you wore no shoes at all, but rather had wings on your feet!

Sounds like the story of my last (May/June) Camino this year. After a long day we eventually
rocked up at our Albergue in Burgos, sat down at the bar and then proceeded, completely unintentionally mind, to drink one and a half bottles of rum !
Next morning I hadn't a clue what day it was, but with head throbbing mercilessly, we somehow managed to get to Castrojeriz.
Was great fun tormenting my buddy with: "are we there yet ?" every half hour or so..... :)
That’s a lot of rum!!

I have only 2 Camino rules!

1- no spirits - wine and beer only. I am very partial to whiskey but have avoided thus far. Though have just discovered JD Honey so I need to avoid getting onto that.
2-No all nighters! Did a very late one in Leon one night - about 4am- and next day wasn’t pleasant or productive!

I am conflicted to stay with my Camino family or do great personal bests distances. I think I did my best to marry the two. I would like to do again and just do long distances.
Totally understand @amercado95 as that's my concern too as mentioned in the original post. Previous Caminos have always been made special by the amazing people that I met; many, many of whom I am still in touch with today. Am conscious that I'll continually be leaving people behind as I forge along averaging 45kms/day. And since I won't be stopping/resting anywhere, not even SdC, unlikely to experience those wonderful meet-ups in random coffee shops or especially the cathedral square. Its a bonkers personal endurance challenge, certainly not for everyone, I get that. Only time will tell if the reward was worth the effort. But who knows, maybe I'll meet a fellow traveller who is on a similar mission - the Camino can, and often does, throw amazing surprises out of left field !

Just curious, Tiger Mike, what kind of shoes did you wear for this marathon event? I'm sort of assuming you wore no shoes at all, but rather had wings on your feet!
HaHahHa, wings ? Now that would be nice...
I do tend to wear out my footwear with alarming speed; its the weight versus longevity dilemma, lightweight boots don't seem to last long at all. Enjoyed the Merrell MQM Flex Mid GTX but can't get the originals anymore and the latest version appears to be very poorly made. So have opted this time for the Altra M Lone Peak All-weather Mid. They have a balanced foot cushioning and feel a bit like 'barefoot shoes'. They felt very strange at first but now they're nicely broken in feel wonderful.
Always with a SIDAS insole. Manufacturers, even of premium boots, only supply basic inners so its an added expense but totally worth it. Always a mid ankle boot, never trainers. Speed walking inevitably means trusting foot placement implicitly (not looking down all the time) however there will always be that pesky rock that will try to throw you off balance. The extra support around the ankle has saved me from injury countless times - its an age-related thing - young people are waaaaay more flexible !

HaHahHa, wings ? Now that would be nice...
I do tend to wear out my footwear with alarming speed; its the weight versus longevity dilemma, lightweight boots don't seem to last long at all. Enjoyed the Merrell MQM Flex Mid GTX but can't get the originals anymore and the latest version appears to be very poorly made. So have opted this time for the Altra M Lone Peak All-weather Mid. They have a balanced foot cushioning and feel a bit like 'barefoot shoes'. They felt very strange at first but now they're nicely broken in feel wonderful.
Always with a SIDAS insole. Manufacturers, even of premium boots, only supply basic inners so it’s an added expense but totally worth it. Always a mid ankle boot, never trainers. Speed walking inevitably means trusting foot placement implicitly (not looking down all the time) however there will always be that pesky rock that will try to throw you off balance. The extra support around the ankle has saved me from injury countless times - it’s an age-related thing - young people are waaaaay more flexible !
I’m going for a lie-down after reading your schedule. I’ve pushed the occasional 45km day on the meseta; but your plan is impressive.

Do you have a kit list to share?

Please do keep us updated.

When I did similar myself, my normal routine was about 40K/day ; 25K or so in the morning to midday ; then 15K later after a break for munchies, drinks, and so on. Daily average from Paris was actually 42K, for my sins.

Then occasionally some 50K to 65K days.

I think it's important that it remains a Camino, with the flexibility thereof.

Impressive kms @JabbaPapa, kudos.
This will be a Camino, a deeply spiritual endeavour with a twist.
No room for flexibility, certainly not in the busy month of September.
Rigid schedule with accommodation all pre-booked.
And with daily late arrivals simply cannot take the risk of not finding a bed; an all too frequent, sad and frustrating occurrence for so many pilgrims at this time of year.

So,,, this brings up a question I've often wondered about. I know it's not a race, but almost every hike/trail/section has a FKT ( fastest known time) . Some are crazy long and crazy fast. Like the Appalachian Trail in 41 days ( 2200 MILES)

I found reference to a 7 day 16 hour FKT for the Camino Frances.

Since there seem to be no age or gender categories on this route,,, maybe you could start it :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
So,,, this brings up a question I've often wondered about. I know it's not a race, but almost every hike/trail/section has a FKT ( fastest known time) . Some are crazy long and crazy fast. Like the Appalachian Trail in 41 days ( 2200 MILES)

Since there seem to be no age or gender categories on this route,,, maybe you could start it :)
Thanks but no thanks @Bob P, this is a strictly one off !
Hopefully it will set me up nicely for The Great Divide Mountain Bike Trail next May; 5000kms from Canada to Mexico - hoping to average 120 kms/day.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Much luck to you!! Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

I came across this….

Last edited:
I can well imagine! An image of tires burning rubber on the pavement comes quickly to mind. Good luck and Buen Camino!!
Its a little-known statistic but the Camino Frances, end-to-end, is about 1,000,000 paces for the average peregrino - that figure remains about the same of course regardless of how fast you walk it.
So do boots wear out quicker after successive long days rather than short ?
FKT.
Which to my way of thinking, doesn't stand for Fastest Known Time.... ;)

Enjoy.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
You sound like a swell guy! Completely understand being a camino junkie!! In the blood! Buen Camino!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks but no thanks @Bob P, this is a strictly one off !
Hopefully it will set me up nicely for The Great Divide Mountain Bike Trail next May; 5000kms from Canada to Mexico - hoping to average 120 kms/day.
Very impressive. If you decide to do the Great Divide shoot me a message. I live near the start.

Very impressive. If you decide to do the Great Divide shoot me a message. I live near the start.
Excellent, thank you. Its certainly under serious consideration. Have been challenged to accompany a peregrino buddy from my 2021 Camino Portuguese - I think he wants to find out if I can pedal as fast as I can walk ;);)

Does anyone know if there is an official speed record for the Camino?

Impressive kms @JabbaPapa, kudos.
This will be a Camino, a deeply spiritual endeavour with a twist.
No room for flexibility, certainly not in the busy month of September.
Rigid schedule with accommodation all pre-booked.
And with daily late arrivals simply cannot take the risk of not finding a bed; an all too frequent, sad and frustrating occurrence for so many pilgrims at this time of year.
My experiences have taught me to now try outside of the guide books suggestions. There's a marvellous german albergue in Boente, they also serve a fairly large variety of food in their restaurant. This time I've put in two dates where I just hope there's a bed - everything else is pre-booked. One is in La Faba - also a german albergue. If there's no bed - it's time for the tarp & bivybag. It's in the mountains so it's safe - ex-military so no big deal. And to think in 2016 I went from sjpdp to santiago without a single reservation in September/october.

Buen Camino and good luck!!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Mods, can you help me out please ?
Went to the misc topics, 'Life on the Camino' page, prefixed my new thread with: LIVE from the Camino but. with thanks from @jpwu seems I didn't get it right....

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Mods, can you help me out please ?
Went to the misc topics, 'Life on the Camino' page, prefixed my new thread with: LIVE from the Camino but. with thanks from @jpwu seems I didn't get it right....
I have attached the LIVE prefix and moved it to the Camino Francés forum, since that is the Camino that you are walking. It will now show up in the list of LIVE threads.

Link: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/st-jean-to-muxia-in-20-days-or-less.82763/

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Here's the route, accommodation all booked out of necessity, actual daily kms may vary.

Saturday. September 2. St Jean Pied du Port.

1). Sunday. 3/9. 40 kms. Lintzoain.

2). Monday. 4/9. 41 kms. Zariquiegui.

3). Tuesday. 5/9. 42 kms. Azqueta.

4). Wednesday. 6/9. 43kms. Logrono.

5). Thursday. 7/9. 52 kms. Santo Domingo.

6). Friday. 8/9. 49 kms. Ages.

7). Saturday 9/9. 43 kms. Hornillos.

8). Sunday. 10/9. 45 kms. Fromista.

9). Monday. 11/9. 42 kms. Ledigos.

10). Tuesday. 12/9. 46kms. Reliegos.

11). Wednesday. 13/9. 52 kms. San Martin.

12). Thursday. 14/9. 44 kms. Rabanal.

13). Friday. 15/9. 42 kms. Camponaraya.

14). Saturday. 16/9. 41 kms. Laguna Castilla.

15). Sunday. 17/9. 46 kms. Vilei/Rente.

16). Monday. 18/9. 46 kms. Casanova.

17). Tuesday. 19/9. 55 kms. Lavacolla.

18). Wednesday. 20/9. 10 kms. Santiago de Compostella !!. & to Muxia…

18). Wednesday.20/9
. 21kms. Negreira.

19). Thursday. 21/9. 35 kms. O Logoso.

20). Friday. 22/9. Muxia. FINISH
One word for this itenery...WOW! bon camino my friend and enjoy!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Totally cheering you on!!!!! The great news is you’re free to adjust!!!!!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Your plan seems totally doable and makes perfect sense for you.
I walked (very comfortably) 700+ miles in 35 days last year on the Le Puy, Frances, and Primitivo.
I wasn't trying to go far or fast, just the pace that seemed pleasant for me.
My schedule was getting out when I was awake (that, at age 62, was usually earlier than I wished). If I was awake at 5:00 or 5:30, I just rolled out of bed and got walking at that magical time of day (Please pilgrims--pack your stuff the night before so you don't hunt around packing that early!!!)
At 5 km per hour, in a couple hours, I had covered 10-15 km before breakfast. I'd eat somewhere between 8-9 and then another 2-3 hours and I'd have walked 30 k by noon.
So I think you may be able to find plenty of days of afternoon socializing to be part of a Camino family.
I ended up with 3 different "families"--a few days with one group of fastish walkers and then would skip ahead to a new group. Amusingly, they were all wonderful and also, in retrospect, very similar in composition--a couple (very funny) Italians, a British guy, someone from eastern Europe, a couple Americans, a Frenchman, a German, ...Always a lovely group to connect with.
Enjoy!

There’s a website call Fastest Know Time (FKT): https://fastestknowntime.com/route/camino-de-santiago-camino-frances-spain

It records fastest submitted times for various long distance hiking / running / cycling routes from around the world. There are a number of Camino routes on there - the fastest supported for the CF is around 6.5 days!! I didn’t see one for SJPDP to Muxia. Maybe yours could be the first?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Godspeed! ❤️🌻

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back