• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting August 27th from SJPDP

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
HI

I will be doing my first Camino this summer, starting out at the end of August with the intention of finishing by October 10th.

Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you on the way

Sarah x
Starting 'part Camino' from Burgos on 7th Sept,may bump into each other on Way.Irishman with grey beard based in Liverpool who loves the Meseta.Buen Camino.

Buen Camino
HI

I will be doing my first Camino this summer, starting out at the end of August with the intention of finishing by October 10th.

Sarah x
Buen Camino Sarah.
My husband and I will begin our Camino then also. Hope to see you along the way.
Carolyn

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Looking forward to meeting you along the pathway. I start in Lourdes 20th August although after SJPDP I will be doing some jumps as I have done the Frances route before. I am heading for Leon to do the San Salvador then to continue on the Primitivo.

Enjoy.
Buen Camino.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
HI

Sarah x
Hi Sarah, I’ll keep my eyes peeled for you, I’m starting 27th ish from SJPdP, also, Tricia from Australia

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Denise

It'll be great to meet if possible

Beun Camino
Hi Sarah, I arrive in Pau on the 25th and am looking to share transport to SJPdP, I start walking on the 27/08 and would like to meet up either before or on the camino.

Hi Tag, what are your dates and are you perhaps flying into Pau?
Thinking of flying into Paris then either to Biarritz and train to sjpdp or train from cdg to sjpdp around 25/08. My dates are loose but would like to start walking 27/28 August

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Denise, I have a hotel booking in sjpdp but no more😳
I booked flights to SJPdP and was re-routed to Pau as the G7 Summit is scheduled on the 24 to the 26th August . I'm looking to share a ride from Pau to SJPdP. I booked accommodation in Pau 25/8 (with free cancellation as well as SJPdP 26/8, Orisson 27/8 and Roncesvalles 28/8 nothing after that.
Let me know how your flight work out.

My flight is due in to Barritz on the 27/8 and I am planning on getting a taxi to SJPDP/Orisson. My aim is to start in Orisson, but they don't seem great at responding to emails for booking. Alt, I will stay in SJPDP on the 27/8 and get a taxi up part of the route as I don't want to start my camino with a very steep hill. I am also booked into Roncesvalles on the 28/8.

I have accomodation booked for the first week (mainly to allieviate the concerns of my husband) to Longrono and have booked my final weeks accomodation from Sarria too (4-10 Oct) as i need to fly out of santiago on the 11th Oct.

I have booked into the first meal service at Roncesvalles, hopefully we can all eat together :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My flight is due in to Barritz on the 27/8 and I am planning on getting a taxi to SJPDP/Orisson. My aim is to start in Orisson, but they don't seem great at responding to emails for booking. Alt, I will stay in SJPDP on the 27/8 and get a taxi up part of the route as I don't want to start my camino with a very steep hill. I am also booked into Roncesvalles on the 28

I have accomodation booked for the first week (mainly to allieviate the concerns of my husband) to Longrono and have booked my final weeks accomodation from Sarria too (4-10 Oct) as i need to fly out of santiago on the 11th Oct.

I have booked into the first meal service at Roncesvalles, hopefully we can all eat together :)
Hi Sarah-Ann, I hope to see you in Roncesvalles on the 28th. Beun Camino

On route from edinburgh to Barritz and am really excited. Hopefully I'll meet up with Tricia and Denise over the next few days, as well as anyone else walking from today

Hi Sarah Ann and Denise, I'm in Madrid and training to day to Pamplona to start walking, it's a story!. Where are you staying in Pamplona, I'd like to meet up if possible?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I reach pamploma on Friday and will be staying at Albergue de Pamplona-Iruñako Aterpea, Calle Carmen 18 Pamplona 31001, Spain

Thanks for your reply Sarah Ann.I'd like to go to Pamplona via Zaragoza, but I think I'll be able to meet up on Friday, tricia

I reach pamploma on Friday and will be staying at Albergue de Pamplona-Iruñako Aterpea, Calle Carmen 18 Pamplona 31001, Spain
Leaving Madrid (now ish), Going to Zaragoza for the night, then I've booked a twin room for Thurs and Fri at same hostel as you, I think Denise is going to Roncelles on 28th?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Denise, I am in Roncevalles now, bunk 145, and am going for dinner at 7pm. If you are about let me know and we can meet up before dinner

Leaving Madrid (now ish), Going to Zaragoza for the night, then I've booked a twin room for Thurs and Fri at same hostel as you, I think Denise is going to Roncelles on 28th?

Cool, see you in Pamplona. I am also in a twin room, so you never know, we might be room mates 😎

Most read last week in this forum

..all packed and still 24 hours before I start my journey...train to Gatwick,flight to Bilbao, bus to Pamplona the taxi with others to SPDPfor night of 23rd...so what can I do now??
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.