• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting Camino Francés May 3!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I hope to walk it too but if I do it’ll be mid April. You’ll meet many others at that time in any event and for sure some from this forum.
You’ll get a lot from it Eva.
All the best.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Starting on May 5th up the hill out of SJPdP….at least I hope so. Walked the Frances in May ‘19, booked and cancelled in May ‘20, booked again and cancelled in May ‘21….hoping for 3rd time lucky !

You'll get more results if you look for 'Camino Francés' or 'Camino Frances'. I've never seen it referred to as the Camino Francaise. When do you begin? If you can spend some time in SJPdP it would be worthwhile. If you have seen "The Way" and want to follow in Tom's footsteps there is a guide to the locations here on the forum.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
May 29 for us! One night in SJPP after two nights in Paris. Then a night at Borda Alburgue up the hill.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello! I stumbled across this forum a few months ago and have been thankful for all the information you have provided. This is my first Camino and will be starting in SJPP.
Hopefully, I will meet some of you along the way!
May 4th for us. We are stopping at Auberge Borda on our first night rather than going all the way to Roncesvalles so you may well catch us up.
Hello! I stumbled across this forum a few months ago and have been thankful for all the information you have provided. This is my first Camino and will be starting in SJPP.
Hopefully, I will meet some of you along the way!

May 4th for us. We are stopping at Auberge Borda on our first night rather than going all the way to Roncesvalles so you may well catch us up.
Sorry just realised that you will be a day ahead of us not behind us.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I'll be 5 days behind you. Starting from SJPP on May 10 after spending 2 nights there. Plan to finish on June 20 to celebrate my 65th birthday in Santiago.
I am flying into Madrid on May 10th (my flight was randomly pushed back a day) and starting out at SJPP. So I’ll be a couple of days behind you. Maybe I’ll say in Santiago for your 65th birthday!

I hope to walk it too but if I do it’ll be mid April. You’ll meet many others at that time in any event and for sure some from this forum.
You’ll get a lot from it Eva.
All the best.
Thank you! I’m a little nervous as I’m going by myself, but very excited at the same time.

Thank you! I’m a little nervous as I’m going by myself, but very excited at the same time.
Evap, you will be fine, I'm all alone as well. I will possibly see you on The Way depending how far you walk each day. I'm 2 days behind you intend walking possibly 24km to 32km a day after the first day approximately.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
You won’t be alone for long, if you choose not to be. I wouldn’t worry about that. You’ll only be alone if you choose to be. It’s the friendliest bunch of people you’re ever likely to come across.
I walked the full length, to Finisterre, 900 km in 46 days and I lost count of how many people I walked with and talked with. The least of your worries, believe me.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Evap, you will be fine, I'm all alone as well. I will possibly see you on The Way depending how far you walk each day. I'm 2 days behind you intend walking possibly 24km to 32km a day after the first day approximately.
Thanks! Hope to see you along the way!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
If you are planning to start a Camino in October 2024, you are invited to add a post to this thread – scroll down to the last post, and create a new post giving your expected start date, start...
Hi, this is Nils from Tenerife. I'm excited to start my very first camino - let's see what it will bring! 😍 For me, this journey is very much like an inwardly guided shamanic ceremony, following...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back