• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting Camino from Porto on October, 22. Join me!

I_am_enigma

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning my Camino Portugues (from Porto) on the 22nd of October, 2016
Hi everyone! I'm starting my Camino from Porto on October, 22. If somebody is also planning a coastal route for this period, please contact me or join me on the way. By the way, who did camino in the end of October, how is the weather? A lot of rains? Maybe somebody could also recommend good albergues? Thanks in advance!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi, I would recommend Casa Fernanda at Lugar do Corgo ( reservations a good idea) and the Albergue at Sao Pedro de Rates those were my favorites, Tattva Design Hostel in Porto was a great place to start. Leaving, Porto we went to the cathedral and headed to the Rio Duro and followed it to the sea. Once, we got to beach we just went north to Matosinhos, this is a lot safer route than following the N13 out of the city. Hostel Central in Matosinhos was very accommodating . We followed the cost up to Villa Do Conde from there we went across county to Rates. Be careful, on this leg as there is lots of road walking and can be a bit scary .

Bom Caminho

Hi, I would recommend Casa Fernanda at Lugar do Corgo ( reservations a good idea) and the Albergue at Sao Pedro de Rates those were my favorites... We followed the cost up to Villa Do Conde from there we went across county to Rates. Be careful, on this leg as there is lots of road walking and can be a bit scary .

Bom Caminho
Alas, neither Casa Fernanda nor Rates are on the Coastal route but on the Cental one.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I can recommend Albergue Vila Cha, its signposted from the Camino in the village.
In Porto i stayed at Casa Diocesana Seminario de Vilar, 5 euro, good breakfast available in the morning, also close to the river.
I also recommend taking the Espiritual Varient after Pontevedra.
Bom Caminho

Be careful of what? I didn't understand this message?)

Thanks to everyone! Also I have a question: I bought a sleeping back (but I think it's heavy enough) and a backpack for 40 litres. But there is no way to attach a sleeping bag to the backpack, so maybe tomorrow I will change it. I really worried about the weather in October. And I also can't find too much information about the Coastal route. I hope in the guide book, which I'm going to buy in Porto it will be some info)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks to everyone! Also I have a question: I bought a sleeping back (but I think it's heavy enough) and a backpack for 40 litres. But there is no way to attach a sleeping bag to the backpack, so maybe tomorrow I will change it. ...

The sleeping bag (how heavy/big is yours?) should go inside the backpack, not be attached to it, amongst other reasons for better rain protection. If the problem is the volume of the sleeping bag try using a compression bag with it to decrease the volume. Buen Camino, SY

The sleeping bag (how heavy/big is yours?) should go inside the backpack, not be attached to it, amongst other reasons for better rain protection. If the problem is the volume of the sleeping bag try using a compression bag with it to decrease the volume. Buen Camino, SY

I've changed my backpack from 40 to 50 litres and now sleeping bag is inside and there is normal space to put some other stuff. Thanks!

P.S. What about the weather now on Coastal route? I'm trying to understand what to wear and what to take with me? I'm afraid to take only the stuff for cold rainy and windy weather. Who knows, maybe its ok... So, any advice from someone?)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I did the CF in 2022 and found the planning quite easy as there were albergues all the way so yiu can walk as much or as little as you please and there is always somewhere to stay. I...
I have a new copy of the guide to Camino Portuguese by Kat (I think) XX. My question is: is there anyone who is going to Lisbon/ Porto who could pop it in the Albergue municipal/ or use it and...
Barcelos was having a huge May 1 celebration when we passed through. There was a major unveiling of a sculpture titled Peregrina the following day—very big event. We weren’t there, so I lifted a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back