• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting from Burgos on Tuesday 20th May 2014

jamesjd

Time of past OR future Camino
Full Camino French Way 1st May - 9th June 2012.
SJPDP to Burgos 2013
Burgos to Santiago 20th May to 9th June 2014
Santiago to Finisterre 2nd to 4th June 2015
I did the Camino from SJPDP to Santiago and on to Finnisterre from the 1st of May to 13th June in 2012. Last year with some friends we began in SJPDP and walked to Burgos. On Tuesday morning we begin again setting out from Burgos and hope to arrive in Santiago on the 8th of June. It will be a lifetime achievement for my friends when finally they arrive in Santiago. I hope and pray that they will enjoy it as much as I did the first time. Looking forward to meeting pilgrims that are already on the camino and will be arriving in Burgos on Monday. I hope ye are having a wonderful experience so far especially first timers. Just wondering what the weather is like at the moment and is there anything in particular to look out for along the way like new Albergues that have opened after Burgos. Happy walking. Buen Camino :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I did the Camino from SJPDP to Santiago and on to Finnisterre from the 1st of May to 13th June in 2012. Last year with some friends we began in SJPDP and walked to Burgos. On Tuesday morning we begin again setting out from Burgos and hope to arrive in Santiago on the 8th of June. It will be a lifetime achievement for my friends when finally they arrive in Santiago. I hope and pray that they will enjoy it as much as I did the first time. Looking forward to meeting pilgrims that are already on the camino and will be arriving in Burgos on Monday. I hope ye are having a wonderful experience so far especially first timers. Just wondering what the weather is like at the moment and is there anything in particular to look out for along the way like new Albergues that have opened after Burgos. Happy walking. Buen Camino :)
Well done James
I have just returned after walking from St Jean to Roncevalles where i broke my foot going over the Pyrenees but strapped it up and made it through Pamplona Logrono and Burgos eventually swapping my walking boots for my regatta sandals and headed to Hontanus in great difficulty where i couldnt get the sandals on because of massive swelling. I stayed in St Brigids Alberque 7 euros and evening meal piella and chocolate mousse desert for 9 euros great company. the girl behind the counter tried to help me log unto WIFI and accidently stood on my broken foot and to top it off didnt a peragrino from holland stand on my foot during the meal.
So it was time to call a halt made it to here in 11 days from St Pied so i am looking forward to returning next year from were you are starting have a Buen Camino

cathal-- that you made it to Hontanas under such conditions is nothing short of a miracle; you are one hearty fellow! I walked Hontanas to Sahagun with mascerated toes and thought death was coming for me! ;) Thousands of people walk the Camino in sections until they get it all done, so you have the best excuse to come back and finish with a BANG! BUEN CAMINO!!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
cathal-- that you made it to Hontanas under such conditions is nothing short of a miracle; you are one hearty fellow! I walked Hontanas to Sahagun with mascerated toes and thought death was coming for me! ;) Thousands of people walk the Camino in sections until they get it all done, so you have the best excuse to come back and finish with a BANG! BUEN CAMINO!!
Agh thank you i was so so disappointed leaving my fellow perigrinos that morning after having coffee in the alberque front shop at St Brigids but i was growing another foot on top of my foot with the swelling and because i was walking on the big toe developed massive blisters on the same broken foot and then as i hobbled down the hill into Hontanus i knew that my Camino was over. I stayed the night in St Brigids steeped my feet in the water pool at the rear and tried contacting a carrier that would carry my ruck to Santiago as the rest of my Journey was fairly flat couldnt speak spanish and the carrier couldnt understand my Irish brougue and the conversation came to an uprupt halt so i made the decision to travel to the next village some 9km away and deposit some weight off to Santiago via the post office. But was in so much pain i couldnt walk any further so i am up for completing it later this year or next year from Burgos. I met a lovely spanish couple who ended there camino in Hontanus and helped with directions on the bus and had a farewell coffee with them in Burgos Bus Station were they helped me with booking the Airport Bus and seeing what available flights were back to Dublin Airport. Was this my angels helping me thats a fact God Bless them everyone

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back