• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting in Seville October 1st

Time of past OR future Camino
CF, Norte, Primitivo, Inglés, VdlP 2017-2022
I have been hanging around this forum since way before my first camino in 2017, listening, learning and picking up great tips and lovely stories from you all. I am now just a wee two weeks away from starting my fifth camino. I just wanted to say hi and thank you to everybody for being such a thoughtful, sometimes silly, sometimes quarreling, but ultimately and always an amazingly helpful group. I cannot begin tell you the amount of time I have spent on this forum, but for some reason I have never found the courage to through myself into any conversations or discussions. I am hoping to change that now. So; starting from Seville on October 1st, Norwegian/Irish couple on Via de la Plata with no fixed return date, but assuming we will get to Santiago sometime around mid-November. Hoping to see some of you out there. Ultreia!

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Wishing for the best on your Camino.

Hey, if you have time, spend a day or so in Seville. Great place.
Nice people, good food, and plenty to see and do here.

Let us know how your Camino goes.

Walk far.
Walk safe.
Walk happy.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Take warm clothing and rain gear...you'll need both as you get further north
I know, got it all packed. A bit challenging to pack sensibly with it being 31 degrees at the beginning and then ending up with a possible snow/sleet scenario in Galicia. But I go merino all the way. Works for hot and cold and doesn't smell. Also gives me options for several layers when it gets cold, both day and night. I was hoping temperatures would have gone down a bit in Andalucia by October 1st, but forecast doesn't seem to bring any suck luck. We'll manage, slow and steady and lots of water :)

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Wishing for the best on your Camino.

Hey, if you have time, spend a day or so in Seville. Great place.
Nice people, good food, and plenty to see and do here.

Let us know how your Camino goes.

Walk far.
Walk safe.
Walk happy.
Thank you! Am absolutely planning to keep you posted, as family and friend are a bit bored at this point :) We have been talking about spending an extra day in Seville, but we come in by train at 11 AM September 30th., so I think that gives us enough time to look around, eat tapas and potter about all day long, and that we should start walking the next day. Mostly because I am so eager to get on the road, but as we really don't have any time limits, I might reconsider and admit to Paul that he is right and that we should leave on the 2nd :)

I know, got it all packed. A bit challenging to pack sensibly with it being 31 degrees at the beginning and then ending up with a possible snow/sleet scenario in Galicia. But I go merino all the way. Works for hot and cold and doesn't smell. Also gives me options for several layers when it gets cold, both day and night. I was hoping temperatures would have gone down a bit in Andalucia by October 1st, but forecast doesn't seem to give any suck luck. We'll manage, slow and steady and lots of water :)
Wish you a very best Camino so far @idalink :D
Thank you so much! Cant wait, am not a perfect employee at the moment at all. Spending way too much time checking this forum and the weather in Spain, village by village :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If you don’t have a place in Seville yet give Hotel Simon a try.
Can get Camino PP there.
Get stamp from cathedral as well!
One block from cathedral.

about two blocks from hotel, heading towards the cathedral, is a great coffee shop on the corner. La Canasta. One of the best in Seville. As you see with locals there. Directly across the street is the cathedral.

On block from hotel, also going towards cathedral, is the La Isla fried fish place. Mostly locals. Good fish. Assorted types.
Tomatoes are out of this world. The right amount of oil, vinegar and spice.
Small dish of them is fine for two.
Place has been there since 1938 (?)

Not enough time or space on here to tell all of the wonderful things about Seville.

Oh by the way, I do not recommend Triana Backpackers hostel.
While some on here do. I don’t.
If you want some sleep night before (even into early morning hours) you won’t get it there.
Talking, giggling, music, slamming doors, people up and down stairs all night, in/out of shower/potty, uggh

But again some have caught the place calm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can get Camino PP there.

about two blocks from hotel, heading towards the cathedral, is a great coffee shop on the corner. La Canasta. One of the best in Seville. As you see with locals there. Directly across the street is the cathedral.

On block from hotel, also going towards cathedral, is the La Isla fried fish place. Mostly locals. Good fish. Assorted types.

Not enough time or space on here to tell all of the wonderful things about Seville.

If you want some sleep night before (even into early morning hours) you won’t get it there.
Talking, giggling, music, slamming doors, people up and down stairs all night, in/out of shower/potty, uggh

I'm buying a beer first time I'll be in Sevilla, Marty ;)
After walk from Algeciras and Cadiz..., hopefully.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I'm buying a beer first time I'll be in Sevilla, Marty ;)
After walk from Algeciras and Cadiz..., hopefully.

King of beers here: Cruz Campo. Period

Do read on how to order beer here.

The Via (Camino) Cadiz to Seville is not in the best of shape these days.

Well, you will be planning it in your "mind" until it becomes a reality...we all do that, don't we! 😊
Crissy, I'm planning to walk all of 50 something Caminos on Iberian Peninsula (primarily those south of CF) but time goes so fast and things change so slow and not always for the best. We'll see ;)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Crissy, I'm planning to walk all of 50 something Caminos on Iberian Peninsula (primarily those south of CF) but time goes so fast and things change so slow and not always for the best. We'll see ;)
Kinky, you have lots of years ahead of you as you are still quite young compared to many of us on the forum. Your enthusiasm will surely be a catalyst in seeing some of your camino goals eventually become reality for you.

Can get Camino PP there.

I am with you on this one Marty. On the night before you subject yourself to 20 or 30 km walks for 30/40 days and communal beds you need a good nights sleep. Will have to consider Hotel Simon if I finally manage to return to the VDLP. Cheers

Can get Camino PP there.

Thank you so much! Will look into hotel, if we decide to stay for two nights and be tourists then it would be nice to upgrade a bit on the hotel front and Simon looks lovely. Will absolutely stop by La Isla, it sounds fantastic! Thanks again :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have been hanging around this forum since way before my first camino in 2017, listening, learning and picking up great tips and lovely stories from you all. I am now just a wee two weeks away from starting my fifth camino. I just wanted to say hi and thank you to everybody for being such a thoughtful, sometimes silly, sometimes quarreling, but ultimately and always an amazingly helpful group. I cannot begin tell you the amount of time I have spent on this forum, but for some reason I have never found the courage to through myself into any conversations or discussions. I am hoping to change that now. So; starting from Seville on October 1st, Norwegian/Irish couple on Via de la Plata with
I have been hanging around this forum since way before my first camino in 2017, listening, learning and picking up great tips and lovely stories from you all. I am now just a wee two weeks away from starting my fifth camino. I just wanted to say hi and thank you to everybody for being such a thoughtful, sometimes silly, sometimes quarreling, but ultimately and always an amazingly helpful group. I cannot begin tell you the amount of time I have spent on this forum, but for some reason I have never found the courage to through myself into any conversations or discussions. I am hoping to change that now. So; starting from Seville on October 1st, Norwegian/Irish couple on Via de la Plata with no fixed return date, but assuming we will get to Santiago sometime around mid-November. Hoping to see some of you out there. Ultreia!
Greetings from me, now in Torremejia, just before Merida!👣😎👍👊🙏

I looked at where you say you are from and wondered about the use of the word ‘wee’. Then I read on... wishing you the best of caminos...

Have a great camino. I want to walk VDLP alot. Was thinking of a late February or early October start date. Will be anxious to hear about your trip especially the weather early on your camino.

Have a great camino. I want to walk VDLP alot. Was thinking of a late February or early October start date. Will be anxious to hear about your trip especially the weather early on your camino.
I will keep you all posted, quite anxious myself, weatherwise. Seeing as there is a few long stages at the beginning as well. Will let you know :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi
I will be 7 days behind u
A Irish guy

A week in Seville was not enough for me. I love Seville and the food too. Definitely try the Pig's cheeks and Bull's tail.

Safe travels and buen camino!

Thank you! Am absolutely planning to keep you posted, as family and friend are a bit bored at this point :) We have been talking about spending an extra day in Seville, but we come in by train at 11 AM September 30th., so I think that gives us enough time to look around, eat tapas and potter about all day long, and that we should start walking the next day. Mostly because I am so eager to get on the road, but as we really don't have any time limits, I might reconsider and admit to Paul that he is right and that we should leave on the 2nd :)
There is an ok hotel in Santaponce right opposite to the roman city , 10 km from Sevilla, much cheaper than another night in Sevilla, hope to see some notes from you along the way! God tur! Husk nok vann, ikke mange kafeer langs veien.

There is an ok hotel in Santaponce right opposite to the roman city , 10 km from Sevilla, much cheaper than another night in Sevilla, hope to see some notes from you along the way! God tur! Husk nok vann, ikke mange kafeer langs veien.
Thank you! I am already obsessing about the water, will be carrying quite a bit for the first few weeks at least. After Salamanca heat shouldn't be a problem any more...

I will keep you all posted, quite anxious myself, weatherwise. Seeing as there is a few long stages at the beginning as well. Will let you know :)
Will be interested to see how you handle those long stages or how you broke them up to be more manageable. When I look at Gronze and the stages I spend most of my time trying to figure that part out. But as we all know once you start walking you never know where you will stop each night and how stages fall for each individual. I am not one to stick by "official" or "traditional" stages that are mentioned in guides etc.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.