• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Suggestions for 2 weeks outside of Spain

LauraK

Time of past OR future Camino
Leon-Santiago (2004) Roncesvalles-Leon (2006) Camino Frances (2012) Kumano Kodo-Japan (2014) Camino Sanabres/Salamanca-Santiago (March 2015) Camino Del Salvador and Camino Primativo (Oct 2015)
I would like some recommendations for a 14-16 day walk on a pilgrimage trail outside of Spain. I walked the VdlP in March (4th Camino). I have some frequent flyer miles that will get me to Europe free but only have about 14 days (excluding travel time). I do not like the summer heat in Spain...I generally plan my Spain Caminos between Oct.-March. I will be solo and I am in "good" shape (not great:) shape), have all my equipment and can generally do 25-30 km per day (slowly). I would love to see some "green" areas. I don't mind people but don't want to be worried about finding a bed like on CF. Need accommodation because I will not have a tent. My departure date is flexible based on openings on airline miles, but I would like to go in July or August (Sept. at the latest). While I planned on Europe because of my comfort with being solo on the camino, I am open to other destinations (did the Kumano Kodo pilgrimage trail in Japan in 2014). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
How about Mount Olympus in Greece. A good hike. The refuges on the way have everything you need. Loads of history & of course myths. It is possible to climb up to the throne of Zeus. (2970) I've done it more than once. It's part of Europe's E4 trails .I can give you more info if you like.

The European Peace Walk is 24 days long but I assume you can join it for a shorter period of time.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I would like some recommendations for a 14-16 day walk ......
In France, Le Puy to Conques is 10 days, one day in Conques and then on to Figeac for train connection makes 13 days. Add a day on the front end to explore Le Puy and you have 14. In Germany, from the Czech border to Nurmberg is 2 weeks; also Nurmberg to Konstanz is 2 weeks. I've walked these, part of the greater Way of St James across Europe, and the details are in my blog.

St Oswald's Way in Northern England. It is an English national trail, but it is endorsed by the local bishop and is being promotd by the Embleton Church Council.

It is 97 miles long, so about 10 day walk.

I started a thread about it somewhere here on these forums.

St Oswald's Way in Northern England. It is an English national trail, but it is endorsed by the local bishop and is being promotd by the Embleton Church Council.

It is 97 miles long, so about 10 day walk.

I started a thread about it somewhere here on these forums.
ThsnksMelensdad. I will search for it.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back