• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Swedish pilgrims on way!

petzar

Time of past OR future Camino
2014 september
Hi all
We are planning to start our Camino from SJPP around March 6th.
No previous experience, but looking forward to a great experience

Buon Camino

Peter & Lisa

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I am sure you will have the time of your life and what is Spanish weather in March for some Swedish pilgrims? Nearly summer :cool: ! Buen Camino, SY

Hi all
We are planning to start our Camino from SJPP around March 6th.
No previous experience, but looking forward to a great experience

Buon Camino

Peter & Lisa
Hy Peter and Lisa , It will be a great experience. I wish you a Buen Camino.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Peter & Lisa, nice to meet you:) It looks like I may see you on the Camino soon as I fly into Madrid March 5th & hope to make my way to SJPDP weather permitting by the 6th or 7th. How are you getting to SJPDP? It is my first time on the Camino also. I have to admit I am a little uneasy about the weather in the higher elevations & unsure how to make my way to SFPDP. But I will do my own posting & get the great generous feedback from this forum.
Safe travels & Buen Camino!
Kim from San Francisco

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Kim!
We take the train from Paris the 5th.
Your not alone about feeling uneasy about the weather, lets try to meet up in SJPP before we take of:)
Buen Camino!
Peter & Lisa from a Snow Cold Sweden

Hi Kim!
We take the train from Paris the 5th.
Your not alone about feeling uneasy about the weather, lets try to meet up in SJPP before we take of:)
Buen Camino!
Peter & Lisa from a Snow Cold Sweden

That would be just great to meet you both there in SJPP! I am still trying to figure out how to get there from Pamplona. Do you know where you are staying once at SJPP? I believe someone has posted a list of open albergues for this time of year. I admit I have the pre travel jitters but I trust this is all a part of the journey, right?! Great to be in touch & happy preparations. All the best, Kim from warmish California

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We are trying to book a hostel in SJPP for the first night; not sure if they are all open. We have contacted one through http://www.gite-izaxulo.com/ to get some more information. Waiting for an answer. From there we will plan more in detail, check weather and so on. Looks like you have to walk all the way to Roncevalle on the first day, since the hostel at Orison appears to be closed in March, but we will see. The pilgrim office in SJPP can hopefully provide us with all the information we need!
Best/Peter & Lisa

We are trying to book a hostel in SJPP for the first night; not sure if they are all open. We have contacted one through http://www.gite-izaxulo.com/ to get some more information. Waiting for an answer. From there we will plan more in detail, check weather and so on. Looks like you have to walk all the way to Roncevalle on the first day, since the hostel at Orison appears to be closed in March, but we will see. The pilgrim office in SJPP can hopefully provide us with all the information we need!
Best/Peter & Lisa
Thank you Peter!!

Kim, Peter, Lisa...I get the SJPP on the 8th or 9th...you'll be a bit ahead of me, but perhaps our paths will cross.
Just looked at the forecast and it looks better for the end of the week...and the albuergue on the Valcarlos route is open so if you want to have a short day the first day, it's possible.
Buen Camino to all of you!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Kim, Peter, Lisa...I get the SJPP on the 8th or 9th...you'll be a bit ahead of me, but perhaps our paths will cross ...
Just looked at the forecast and it looks better for the end of the week...and the albuergue on the Valcarlos route is open so if you want to have a short day the first day, it's possible.
Buen Camino to all of you!!
Nice to meet you! I do hope our paths cross. I will leave Roncesvalles on March 7th and go from there. Buen Camino to you and the March arrivals

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Wow Paschulke.. some nice Swedish...and then I loked at your avatar and see that you are from Sweden Uppsala??? The same home Town as us. Vilken överraskning!!
Viranani I´m sure our paths will cross, we are in no hurry! We hopfully reach Roncesvalles on our first day, so we will probably meet Kim also there the 6-7th.
The weather forecast looks great! It´s time to pack the backpack, and to decide what's unnecessay! ;)
Have a great Camino everyone!

petzar, will you be wearing that hat by any chance? It would be hard to miss!:)
Buen Camino to one and all!

Ha ha sorry No, its my favorit hometown hat!
I have bought a special Camino Hat" that protects for both rain ans sun!
Buen Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.