• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Tattoo in Santiago

hokiebobwise

July '23 (CF/Astorga)
Time of past OR future Camino
CF/Astorga July 2023
My son and I are going to arrive in Santiago on Saturday, the 15th. He has decided he would like a tattoo on the Santiago cross, it would be his second tattoo. Any recommendations for places?

Bob

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My son and I are going to arrive in Santiago on Saturday, the 15th. He has decided he would like a tattoo on the Santiago cross, it would be his second tattoo. Any recommendations for places?

Bob
Forehead to nose like a Norman nose guard, right by the eye like a teardrop, trampstamp, eight small times across the knuckles, inner bottom lip, ankle.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I met a German guy in 2019 who had done the Frances eight times and had got a tattoo in Santiago de Compostela after each one.

Doesn't help with which tattoo artist but gives some confidence that there are reasonably good artists in Santiago.

I suggest this place:
https://www.sagradocorazontattoo.com/

IMG_20230713_152645.jpg
IMG_20230713_152659.jpg

Sorry if the quality is bad but I'm sitting in the sun in Santiago having a clara (tough life).

I had the two done on separate occasions several years ago. No regrets here.

On the Invierno several days ago I met a Spanish woman who also got a tattoo after every Camino. She already had walked numerous times and was a tiny little thing so was already quite full.

Last edited:

Bob
Hi.
My personal recommendation is this.
Ethan Clay. Great tattoo artist who is characterized by his very fine drawing.

For me it was also the second tattoo.
I am not a lover of tattoos, but two months ago it was a very special Camino, and I had to immortalize it.
Buen Camino.

Attachments

• Ultreiatattoo.jpg
    Ultreiatattoo.jpg
    904.8 KB · Views: 80
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Bob
There are a couple of shops oj Rua Nova, in the old town. One is on the end nearest Plaza el Toural.

Hi.
My personal recommendation is this.
Ethan Clay. Great tattoo artist who is characterized by his very fine drawing.

For me it was also the second tattoo.
I am not a lover of tattoos, but two months ago it was a very special Camino, and I had to immortalize it.
Buen Camino.
Nice! It does look quite recent compared to my two.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I once thought about getting a tattoo, but then I remembered how my late mother (bless her) used to warn me about the dark pitfalls of life: booze, gambling, tattoos (and some other things that I won't mention here). To honor at least one of her demands, I refrained from getting a tattoo 😁

I once thought about getting a tattoo, but then I remembered how my late mother (bless her) used to warn me about the dark pitfalls of life: booze, gambling, tattoos (and some other things that I won't mention here). To honor at least one of her demands, I refrained from getting a tattoo 😁
So, you’ve tried all the others have you @Turga?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
My daughter used this shop on 2017. They did nice job They were busy so I assume good reputation

Attachments

• 6750CF28-C7A7-40FB-865F-47F945531EB2.png
    6750CF28-C7A7-40FB-865F-47F945531EB2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 74
Last edited by a moderator:

Bob
Sacrado Corazon. My first tattoo. Ever. Shell w/stick figure of pilgrim. I loved it!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
My recommendation is to view the websites and pick the ones you like and go and visit to see if you like the vibe. Depending on what you want if could take 15 mjnutes for something simple or two hours. For something simple I don’t think you can go wrong wherever you pick. I really liked the tattoo I received last month from dr Mortiss. Concha with a cruz. They spent a lot of time with me on the planning giving me different ideas and different looks to choose from. I asked him to make it “memorable” giving him some leeway as an artist and he really did.

Bob
I went to Nora Tattoo Compostela and was happy with them. They have an Instagram account. Here's mine:
20230619_201041.jpg

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

I'm sure this info has already been shared, but here's an update: the Tuna are still working their magic under the arches in the Praza Obradoiro (facing the catehdral) in the evenings. I was there...
Mods: please move this thread to wherever it belongs and/or give me links to threads about this. Thanks! I will be in Santiago on Apr. 28-30. Usually I have stayed at zthe Last Stamp, but they...
I plan on arriving in SDC on July 23, and stay a day or two. How feasible is it that I will be able to get a seat for the 10:00 Mass on the Feast Day, the 25th? Am I better off attending a...
Hello, What time does the office close in Santiago today? The website lists different times in different places.
Hi All, Me and my boyfriend planned to go to Armenteira tomorrow on the Spiritual Variant. But now we faced that everything is booked already in Armenteira… We found a whole house on Booking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.