• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Taxi service in Muxia

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Have you looked on Rome2Rio? It is an excellent way to look for transportation options. A taxi would cost you $100 or thereabouts. Is that what you want, are you looking to travel at specific time? Otherwise, there is bus service costing $9 3 times a day. I have always taken the early morning bus back to Santiago.

Transfer Muxía – Santiago de Compostela by bus daily; ; journey takes approximately two hours. Timetable: Monday to Friday: 6:45 and 14:30 – Saturdays and bank holidays: 07:30 and 14:30 – Sundays: 07:30 and 18:45.

I did a little more looking and found the bus schedule!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
A group of us at an albergue were able to jointly hire a local for the drive back. I can't remember how much, but it was affordable. Four new people and great conversation!

Hire a rental from SdC (e.g. Rentalcars.com, usual pick-up at the airport), if possible, fill it up with a couple of Camino buddies. @ about €50 for 24h + gas, it's the cheapest option and you're free of schedule. Bring the car back to the airport the next day when leaving SdC and you even save the bus fare.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I always take a Taxi and have been successful in finding other pilgrims to share the ride/cost. The cab ride is about an hour; a lot faster than the bus.
Word of caution. There are only a few cabs in town and once they head off to Santiago it will be a couple of hours before they return. It can be a wait if you don’t prearrange it. I stay in Bella Muxia and Angel arranges it for me ahead of time. My last visit there was October.

Transfer Muxía – Santiago de Compostela by bus daily; ; journey takes approximately two hours. Timetable: Monday to Friday: 6:45 and 14:30 – Saturdays and bank holidays: 07:30 and 14:30 – Sundays: 07:30 and 18:45.

The bus is easy peezy

I've been to MuxĂ­a in January, and here's my experience: first, don't trust the bus schedule you see on the bus stop or printed out in the town, check the website for the actual schedule. The schedule on the bus stop said the morning bus starts at 6:30, but on the day I needed to leave the town, it actually left at 6:15, so I missed it and had to look for other ways out. Here comes the second point: book the taxi in advance, especially if you plan to leave in the morning, because no taxi driver was willing to leave their house and drive to Santiago that early (understandably, I must say!). The good news, though, is that the fixed price for one-way trip to Santiago in winter is just 60 euro.

Finding a taxi in MuxĂ­a is quite easy: there's a taxi kiosk right next to the bus stop, and you have a list of all local taxi drivers with their phone numbers. Paxinas galegas also give contact info for at least some of them: https://www.paxinasgalegas.es/taxis-muxia-487ep_54ay.html

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Make sure it’s not a holiday or local feast day, the bus may not come. That happened to me even though I was assured there would be a bus. At the location where the bus comes there is a list of taxis in the window of the building right there. Luckily, a local was on her way to work and she called all the numbers for us and another pilgrim and found one guy willing to take us. We got off in Cee, where I took the bus, and the other pilgrim went to SdC. Never had an ounce of success w Rome2Rio :/.

The bus service is fine, and much cheaper than a taxi. But don't forgety, asb6918, that if you want a Compostela, you must apply at the Pilgrim Office in Santiago BEFORE continuing to Finnistere or Muxia. If you have used transport from either place to return to Santiago, they will issue a Compostela then, no matter what stamps you have in your credential. You probably know this already, but it is surprising how many people do get caught out. Buen Camino! Tom

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
In 2018 I took the earliest bus and we did the milk run. In 2019 I got the earliest bus and we were back in Santiago in under an hour. This is when I wished that I had studied harder in my Spanish lessons to figure out the bus scheduling.

I've been to MuxĂ­a in January, and here's my experience: first, don't trust the bus schedule you see on the bus stop or printed out in the town, check the website for the actual schedule. The schedule on the bus stop said the morning bus starts at 6:30, but on the day I needed to leave the town, it actually left at 6:15, so I missed it and had to look for other ways out. Here comes the second point: book the taxi in advance, especially if you plan to leave in the morning, because no taxi driver was willing to leave their house and drive to Santiago that early (understandably, I must say!). The good news, though, is that the fixed price for one-way trip to Santiago in winter is just 60 euro.

Finding a taxi in MuxĂ­a is quite easy: there's a taxi kiosk right next to the bus stop, and you have a list of all local taxi drivers with their phone numbers. Paxinas galegas also give contact info for at least some of them: https://www.paxinasgalegas.es/taxis-muxia-487ep_54ay.html
100% correct about not trusting what you see on signs. I was walking with a friend who was taking the bus back to Santiago. I was walking to Fisterra the next day. We saw the sign at the bus stop and took a picture of it. Went back to my wonderful albergue and showed the owner the sign and asked if she knew if those times were correct. She laughed and said not for a very long time. She gave us a slip with the correct times. It is a nice ride back.
If you are staying in Muxia I would highly recommend this albergue. The owners were wonderful and it was clean and comfortable and the kitchen was open!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
There was a taxi office near the bus stop. It advertised fares to Santiago
There is….. but there are only a few taxis and once they are in use, it can be hours before one returns. Don’t count on being able to walk up, especially if you are on a tight schedule. I had to wait hours for one to return from a trip to Santiago. From then on, I always have my accommodations pre-arrange and let them know I’m looking for someone to share the ride.

The bus service is fine, and much cheaper than a taxi. But don't forgety, asb6918, that if you want a Compostela, you must apply at the Pilgrim Office in Santiago BEFORE continuing to Finnistere or Muxia. If you have used transport from either place to return to Santiago, they will issue a Compostela then, no matter what stamps you have in your credential. You probably know this already, but it is surprising how many people do get caught out. Buen Camino! Tom
Tom, not sure what you’re referring to here or why. If you present yourself at the Pilgrim Office with a credencial evidencing a contiguous journey of at least one hundred kilometers you can apply for a Compostela (subject to the religious or pious constraints). Fisterra and Muxiana certificates are available to those who can evidence contiguous walks to either or both and a Compostela is available to anyone who walks two legs of the triangle to Santiago

Tincatinker, the background is this. I was in the pilgrim office in 2019 when a chap who had walked a good way along the Camino Francés, I think from Pamplona or Logroño, showed that his credential had been duly stamped along the way, including at Santiago. He had continued on foot from Santiago to Finisterra and Muxia, and had caught a bus back to Santiago. On presenting himself at the pilgrim office on his return, he was refused a Compostela on the grounds that he had used transport for the final stretch (three official stages) before his arrival at Santiago. He showed that he had walked all the way prior to his initial arrival at Santiago, four or five days earlier, but that cut no ice with them. They regarded his Camino as one journey, the final stages of which were not on foot, cyle or horseback. There was quite a long discussion about this in the downstairs coffee area. He was most upset, naturally, and we all sympathised. I assume that the reception officer was correct in the refusal of a Compostela, so would advise anyone not to take a chance. Tom

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Tincatinker, the background is this. I was in the pilgrim office in 2019 when a chap who had walked a good way along the Camino Francés, I think from Pamplona or Logroño, showed that his credential had been duly stamped along the way, including at Santiago. He had continued on foot from Santiago to Finisterra and Muxia, and had caught a bus back to Santiago. On presenting himself at the pilgrim office on his return, he was refused a Compostela on the grounds that he had used transport for the final stretch (three official stages) before his arrival at Santiago. He showed that he had walked all the way prior to his initial arrival at Santiago, four or five days earlier, but that cut no ice with them. They regarded his Camino as one journey, the final stages of which were not on foot, cyle or horseback. There was quite a long discussion about this in the downstairs coffee area. He was most upset, naturally, and we all sympathised. I assume that the reception officer was correct in the refusal of a Compostela, so would advise anyone not to take a chance. Tom
That sounds like an anomaly, as many people wait until they have walked to Fisterra and/or MuxĂ­a before heading to the Pilgrim's Office.
I suppose to be on the safe side, if you used a different credential for the post Santiago walk then the first credential would show the walk ending in Santiago. But I do think that they Pilgrim's Office was wrong that day, since his credential did show a continuous walk of at least 100 km to Santiago. Unless there is something that I'm missing here.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back