• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Camino Ingles - a short review

Hertsseasider

Time of past OR future Camino
Future Camino Ingles
We are back home in the UK having completed the Ingles last Thursday, a truly amazing experience, we loved it.

We booked hotels through a company and included bag transfers which really suited us and helped us enjoy the day knowing there was somewhere to stay at the end of it. All the accommodation was fine and comfortable but a special shout out to the Vilanova Apartments at Siguero which we particularly enjoyed.

Our route out was from London to Coruna, flying via Madrid and then a taxi to Coruna Bus Station and a bus on to Ferrol where we had a rest day in preparation. Ferrol is a really nice place to spend a day with some nice sites, bars and restaurants.

The first day walking was to Naron mainly along the river which was beautiful and the second day just the same to Pontedueme a really pretty town and great spot to stop. Then, the dreaded climb out of town which was tough but rewarding at the top. It then started to rain which I guess is part of the experience but we made it OK to Betanzos, another beautiful Galician town.

The next stage on to Bruma was down as one of the toughest but it turned out to be our favourite leg of the trip. Some beautiful forest walks, views and scenary, really great. Then on to Siguero before the last day walking on to Santiago. Rain did not deter us and the sun came out for our final walk into the city. I am sure it is the same for all but the walk into the Cathedral Square past the piper was simply amazing.

We had booked an extra day in Santiago so picked up our Compestela the next day, a relaxed and very efficient process. It was then off to the airport for the flight back to London.

Overall, we found the whole walk incredible if a little challenging en route. We met some amazing people from all over the world and everyone was tremendously supportive and encouraging to eachother. Food and drink on the way was really great and a shout here for Casa Avalina as I’m sure many would agree. We have some wonderful memories and yes, its hooked us, the Portuguese is on the rader for next year.

Buen Camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks for the review, I'm heading that way at the end of October. Glad you had a wonderful time! I just at the elevation profile to Bruma, LOL as the friend I met on Frances says "we like hills, they make us stronger!"

Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We are back home in the UK having completed the Ingles last Thursday, a truly amazing experience, we loved it.

We booked hotels through a company and included bag transfers which really suited us and helped us enjoy the day knowing there was somewhere to stay at the end of it. All the accommodation was fine and comfortable but a special shout out to the Vilanova Apartments at Siguero which we particularly enjoyed.

Our route out was from London to Coruna, flying via Madrid and then a taxi to Coruna Bus Station and a bus on to Ferrol where we had a rest day in preparation. Ferrol is a really nice place to spend a day with some nice sites, bars and restaurants.

The first day walking was to Naron mainly along the river which was beautiful and the second day just the same to Pontedueme a really pretty town and great spot to stop. Then, the dreaded climb out of town which was tough but rewarding at the top. It then started to rain which I guess is part of the experience but we made it OK to Betanzos, another beautiful Galician town.

The next stage on to Bruma was down as one of the toughest but it turned out to be our favourite leg of the trip. Some beautiful forest walks, views and scenary, really great. Then on to Siguero before the last day walking on to Santiago. Rain did not deter us and the sun came out for our final walk into the city. I am sure it is the same for all but the walk into the Cathedral Square past the piper was simply amazing.

We had booked an extra day in Santiago so picked up our Compestela the next day, a relaxed and very efficient process. It was then off to the airport for the flight back to London.

Overall, we found the whole walk incredible if a little challenging en route. We met some amazing people from all over the world and everyone was tremendously supportive and encouraging to eachother. Food and drink on the way was really great and a shout here for Casa Avalina as I’m sure many would agree. We have some wonderful memories and yes, its hooked us, the Portuguese is on the rader for next year.

Buen Camino
I found Casa Avelina a most hospitable and helpful place on my own Camino Ingles. We were soaked to the skin when we happened upon it. The two women couldn’t have been friendlier and after drying off, a bite to eat and a drink they called us a cab to a nearby hotel. I’ll never forget their kindness.

Buen Camino
Hi
thanks for the info. We just finished the Portuguese - Vigo to Santiago and are thinking of doing the Ingles next May. We used a bag transfer service but I booked my own hotels using Booking dot com. Do you think that is do-able on the Ingles or is there a lot less infrastructure with regards to to towns being really small? One thing I see about the Ingles is the larger amounts of walking. We like to keep to 18 to 25K per day but the stages on Ingles look quite a bit longer. We lucked out and only had 1 day where it rained for a couple hours. A very rainy route would bother me, but possibly May is drier season. So it will be a choice between Ingles or Santiago to Finisterre. Thanks in advance

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I am planning to do the Ingles next September but will take a bit longer than you did. I really enjoyed reading about your trip and your stops which I will look at.

…I booked my own hotels using Booking dot com. Do you think that is do-able on the Ingles or is there a lot less infrastructure with regards to to towns being really small? One thing I see about the Ingles is the larger amounts of walking. We like to keep to 18 to 25K per day but the stages on Ingles look quite a bit longer. …A very rainy route would bother me, but possibly May is drier season.
Hi BarbC,
I walked the Inglés last mid May and it didn’t rain at all, though this is a rarity in Galicia. I selected stops to avoid walking very long days, adding a day or two to the itinerary for “widening” the walk over a little more time. This time, since I was walking with someone new to Camino walking (hence unused to the albergue experience), I pre- booked all of our stops. Miño was especially nice with its classy restaurants along the water side, and a fantastic two-star hotel (Hostal La Terraza)
I booked with the usual apps, but also emailed two or three places (Maragoto in Neda, Bar Hostal Luis in Pontedeume, MesĂłn Novo PensiĂłn in MesĂłn do Vento, outside Bruma ) to inquire and book in Spanish.
Some of the (later) stages are just plain long, but all are doable for a relatively fit pilgrim, or else can be creatively shortened.
I hope this helps you in your thinking about the Inglés.

All the best,
Paul

Hi
thanks for the info. We just finished the Portuguese - Vigo to Santiago and are thinking of doing the Ingles next May. We used a bag transfer service but I booked my own hotels using Booking dot com. Do you think that is do-able on the Ingles or is there a lot less infrastructure with regards to to towns being really small? One thing I see about the Ingles is the larger amounts of walking. We like to keep to 18 to 25K per day but the stages on Ingles look quite a bit longer. We lucked out and only had 1 day where it rained for a couple hours. A very rainy route would bother me, but possibly May is drier season. So it will be a choice between Ingles or Santiago to Finisterre. Thanks in advance
Hi, Bag transfer will be available on the Ingles, there were a few people arranging it themselves
As for distance, our days were (in Kilometers) 13.3, 18, 22.3, 25.5 23.6 and 17.3 following the stages I described.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Buen Camino
May I ask which company you used for your bookings? I’m thinking of doing the Ingles, perhaps April or early May.

May I ask which company you used for your bookings? I’m thinking of doing the Ingles, perhaps April or early May.
Santiago ways. Really helpful.https://santiagoways.com/en/?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAyKurBhD5ARIsALamXaGBsMHVlgJgwhhYr2YPG5x-5Qi_btKvMIFWK2B43HJBZiuAI2oZpn0aArnCEALw_wcB

Last edited:
Will be walking the Ingles during Holy Week 2024 starting from Ferrol. Praying for fine weather.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back