• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Camino is full?

henrythedog

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Many in the past and, God willing; more to come
Notwithstanding that it is (or has recently been) one of the peak times for Peregrinos on the Frances; there is considerable danger in extrapolating from limited information; whether it’s your personal experience or not.

Three professors of logic travel by train to a conference. They compete to show their mastery of the art of observation.

They see a brown cow in a field by the side of the rail track.

1. ‘There are brown cows here’

2. ‘ There is at least one brown cow here’

3. ‘There is at least one cow here which is brown on at least one side’.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Notwithstanding that it is (or has recently been) one of the peak times for Peregrinos on the Frances; there is considerable danger in extrapolating from limited information; whether it’s your personal experience or not.

Three professors of logic travel by train to a conference. They compete to show their mastery of the art of observation.

Reminds me, happily and freshly, of a course I took some years ago online - Rational and Critical thinking. From a university in the Anitpodes. Straw people. Thank God I grew up with a pencil, and eraser, and stiff teaching with mental arithmetic. 😁
nb. I might be misremembering. Don't you love the modern propensity for turning everything to your advantage? Nothing is wrong now. (Loud voice: oh yes it is)
Thanks for the laugh, dear Henry. Have a great day. Watch out for the holes in the bucket.
Seriously, may all those for whom this special day in UK is one to be treasured make the most of it.

edit: https://www.classical-music.com/features/works/theres-a-hole-in-my-bucket-lyrics/

Last edited:

There was, at the date and time that I observed that particular field, at least one cow which was brown on at least one side.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I’ve never seen a brown cow,
Someday I hope to see one.
But I can tell you anyhow,
I’d rather see one than be one.

A take-off of a Shel Silverstein poem I was required to memorize at school 50 years ago(!) and have never forgotten!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I’ve never seen a brown cow,
Someday I hope to see one.
But I can tell you anyhow,
I’d rather see one than be one.

A take-off of a Shel Silverstein poem I was required to memorize at school 50 years ago(!) and have never forgotten!
Not by Shel Silverstein - in fact it was written by Gelett Burgess well before Shel Silverstein was born.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
There was, at the date and time that I observed that particular field, at least one cow which was brown on at least one side.
There appeared to be, at the date and time that I observed that particular field, at least one cow which was brown on at least one side, unless, of course, I misidentified what I was seeing or its colour or was otherwise mistaken in my observation.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

If you will permit me to take a tangential route . . . the Camino can never be full as there can never be too many pilgrims even if there is no lodging and it is pouring cats and dogs. The Camino is limitless even if there is no lodging, no food, and even insufficient water. The spiritual aspect of the Camino far outweigh any physical/material concerns, at least to my way of thinking.

There appeared to be, at the date and time that I observed that particular field, at least one cow which was brown on at least one side, unless, of course, I misidentified what I was seeing or its colour or was otherwise mistaken in my observation.
I think Y’all have partaken of a bit too much vino tinto

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Not by Shel Silverstein - in fact it was written by Gelett Burgess well before Shel Silverstein was born.

Curse you my pre-school teacher!!!! Funny, for 50 years I’ve remembered the poem but misremembered the author! Thanks for teaching me something new today! 👍

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
If you will permit me to take a tangential route . . . the Camino can never be full as there can never be too many pilgrims even if there is no lodging and it is pouring cats and dogs. The Camino is limitless even if there is no lodging, no food, and even insufficient water. The spiritual aspect of the Camino far outweigh any physical/material concerns, at least to my way of thinking.
Have you ever walked a camino?
Jennifer

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back