• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The not so serious thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
A selection of Camino Jewellery
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I had a bad day last week.
I got into a spot of bother and found myself in front of the courts. I thought I might need a bit of representation so I employed a Barrister to argue my case.
The guy was a disaster and instead of getting any leniency the judge doubled my fines.
After the case I had a few words with my Barrister and told him he was the worst I have ever seen. He replied that no one had ever complained before when he made their coffee in Starbucks.

I had a bad day last week.
I got into a spot of bother and found myself in front of the courts.
I had a good day yesterday. I didn't find myself in court. They decided they didn't need any jurors after all. (Truth be told I could have declined a month ago anyway as I fall into the agéd and decrepit category with optional service).

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I had a good day yesterday. I didn't find myself in court. They decided they didn't need any jurors after all. (Truth be told I could have declined a month ago anyway as I fall into the agéd and decrepit category with optional service).
I dislike getting called in for jury duty. It's always a wasted day for me cuz I never get picked to serve on a real court case. I think it would be very interesting to be in a courtroom.

First time defense attorney dismissed me. Second time my number was three away from being seated. Third time I was seated for a resisting arrest charge. Quite interesting. I was chosen as an alternate so was not seated for deliberations. Agreed with them anyway (not guilty). After dismissal the judge told us all sorts of stuff that couldn't come at the trial. Defendant, well known to the cops, was arrested on various charges but got off in court so they thought they could get him with resisting. Defendant had the day off from jail to attend trial. Was convicted on an unrelated charge. Other neat stuff but Peg is raring to go on a walk.

*My son served on a two day trial of a young man who sprayed graffiti all over a local government building.
*My brother-in-law served on a one week trial for a man who was charged with murder.

How come they got all the fun...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Of course she is! Peg saw you don your hiking shoes
No she didn't. They must have taken a hike by themselves. Haven't seen them in two weeks.
How come they got all the fun..
You aren't creative enough. A few years ago on St. Patrick's Day I went down to the Irish-
American Club and spray painted Erin, go braless! on the door. Then I went away yelling "You'll never take me alive." I bet my time in court was more fun than your son's.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
You aren't creative enough. A few years ago on St. Patrick's Day I went down to the Irish-
American Club and spray painted Erin, go braless! on the door. Then I went away yelling "You'll never take me alive." I bet my time in court was more fun than your son's.
😂 A "few" years ago...or decades ago?
I'm not sure if you are contrifibulating me or serious. This doesn't sound like the Rick I met, but it's a very "interesting" story.🙄...who's Erin?🤔

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Having rediscovered the radio during lockdown I thought I'd share the story of Peter Brough on the not.
During the 1950's there was a hugely popular radio series in the UK called "Educating Archie". It told the story of "Archie" and his father (Peter Brough). Amongst the cast was a young Julie Andrews and Beryl Reid, both playing Archie's girlfriend.
As television became popular the series transferred from the radio but gradually faded in popularity. The reason behind this was because.....Brough was a ventriloquist and Archie his dummy...and, by all accounts, not a good one.

When Beryl Reid was asked by an interviewer whether you could see Brough's mouth move she replied...
"Only when the dummy (Archie) spoke".
im quite slow.... the who?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
This is a true "jury" story.

Many years ago my father did his civic duty and was chosen for jury service.
He did not divulge the details to us as was required until the trial was over. We were old enough to understand where he was going and what he was involved with.
When it was all over he gave a few details and that the case was one of burglary.
The details he gave us was that the burglars had been apprehended running away from the scene barefoot having put their socks over their hands to avoid leaving their fingerprints at the house they were burgling.

The details he gave us was that the burglars had been apprehended running away from the scene barefoot having put their socks over their hands to avoid leaving their fingerprints at the house they were burgling.
This is hilarious! Sounds like an episode of "The Three Stooges"...minus one.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Sent from a friend...

Perks of reaching 60 or being over 70 and heading towards 80!
Kidnappers are not very interested in you.
2.In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first.
3.No one expects you to run--anywhere.
4.People call at 8 PM and ask, "Did I wake you?"
5.People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
6.There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
7.Things you buy now won't wear out.
8.You can eat supper at 5 PM.
9.You can live without sex but not your glasses.
10.Your supply of brain cells is finally down to manageable size.
11. You can't remember who sent you this list.

We are having lunch and there is Dijon mustard on the table. I asked Peg what makes a mustard a Dijon mustard. Wine? She is not sure so I look at the ingredients listed. Yes, white wine is in it. But apparently you don't need much to call it Dijon. There is more salt in ours than wine.

Thanks for the tip Rick....I will be trying it in the hope it works just as well with Brocolli.
That would be a waste. If you cook broccoli with either gravy or cheese your dog will clean ypur plate for you.

BTW, as a kid I performed an experiment with the family dog. I counted over two dozen peas in the table scraps he was going to get and mixed them up well with everything else. He finished everything but the peas. Only three were missing.

€60,-
Internet cooking tip: If you cook your kale with a little coconut oil, it makes it easier to scrape into the garbage.
I often visit a very health conscious relative in the morning and he offers me a cup of coffee. I love lots of cream in mine. He always offers me a cup asked me if coconut milk would be okay as he had no cream, so I said "Sure". It was absolutely disgusting, but I didn't let on to him of course. I kept adding more and more to try and make it "creamy" to no avail.😝😝😝
Coconut milk makes it easier to pour down the sink while he is not looking.

That would be a waste. If you cook broccoli with either gravy or cheese your dog will clean ypur plate for you.
Some dogs will eat plain bread if there is a smidgeon of butter on it, or lettuce if a touch of dressing is left.

BTW, as a kid I performed an experiment with the family dog. I counted over two dozen peas in the table scraps he was going to get and mixed them up well with everything else. He finished everything but the peas. Only three were missing.
I had made a pasta salad with tuna, mayo and green olive pieces mixed together on a family picnic and forgot to bring the leftovers in the house that night. In the morning, the lid was off the Tupperware and all the pasta was gone except all of the olives were left in the bottom of the bowl...apparently racoons are as picky as your dog was.

Cook broccoli???....I'm a "Brocolli free zone"
My boy has never been a fussy eater...no disguising food needed.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
A promotion started here right now. A step-counting sweater from Wolkswagen records how far you walk, and if you walk 613 km (which is the range of the latest model) before 16th June, you can win...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...
Seems to be a lot of people posting about stuff they lost on the Camino recently. I managed to leave a nice new-ish polo shirt somewhere drying and didn't notice for over a week. I hope someone...
Did you meet Bjørn Krohn? Died aged 48 in an albergue, I don't know where, tuesday 21th. I didn't know this until now.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back