• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Not so Serious thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
A happy new year to all the "notters ".
Things can only get better.
Who can spot Professor Brian Cox?

Thanks BB! The first post of the New Year! Rick's doesn't count.😅

From musician to physicist...that must be a "first ever" career change. It says he may take over for David Attenborough, who is 90+++...it may be sooner rather than later.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks BB! The first post of the New Year! Rick's doesn't count.😅

From musician to physicist...that must be a "first ever" career change. It says he may take over for David Attenborough, who is 90+++...it may be sooner rather than later.
And Sir David Attenborough went from being the Controller of BBC2 to the national treasure he is today.
I understand he doesn't sing well.

Last edited:
Peg loves telling people about this guy. From Wikipedia:

Brian May

Brian Harold May CBE (born 19 July 1947) is an English musician and astrophysicist who achieved fame as lead guitarist of the rock band Queen. May was a co-founder of Queen with lead singer Freddie Mercury and drummer Roger Taylor. His songwriting contributions helped Queen become one of the most successful bands in rock history.
May was appointed a CBE by Queen Elizabeth II in 2005 for "services to the music industry and for charity work".[8] May earned a PhD degree in astrophysics from Imperial College London in 2007,[1][2] and was Chancellor of Liverpool John Moores University from 2008 to 2013.[9] He was a "science team collaborator" with NASA's New Horizons Pluto mission.[10][11] He is also a co-founder of the awareness campaign Asteroid Day.[12] Asteroid 52665 Brianmay was named after him.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
I will end this year with sadnes and love .

Maybe because I'm getting older or not working anymore that I'm more and more preoccupied with things like this and I also notice that I can get very emotional sometimes for nothing. When I think back it started early one morning when I walked into the Cathedral in Santiago and sat there alone and started to cry spontaneously . It felt really good.

I have a lot of admiration for people like Andre, they do so much for others with so little and that is love.

Ndakazi "took her final breath in the loving arms of her caretaker and lifelong friend, Andre Bauma," at September 26 at age 14.
ew8QebEa.jpg

From Zwijndrecht in the Netherlands I wish you all a healthy 2022.🙏

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
Maybe we should hibernate until 2023.
ErjG2WJVgAE0cc8

There are many good laughs here (I hope CC doesn't get offended though).

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Prepare for your next Camino on California's Santa Catalina Island, Oct 27 to Nov 2
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Rick , you where talking about the Belgium - Dutch borders.
Here is probably the most strange one.
View attachment 115900
This is a confusing puzzle to assemble.

Does this include the kids that keep.on coming back.
I've been spending Christmas with my new activity of Schmutzwortsuche...
Yes, they are called boomerang kids...Australia has more adult kids returning home than all other countries.
What's Schmutzwortsuche...German sausages left over from Christmas? Google doesn't seem to know.🤔

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Rick, are you pulling the donkey's bristley leg? My leg is being pulled just reading that long "word". I thought I was a genius knowing how to spell supercalifragilisticexpielidocious.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Yes, you have introduced us to Bored Panda. I looked at the pictures...they kept going and going, so I stopped at #50 as that was enough amusement for one day.😂

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
supercalifragilisticexpielidocious
Mahatma Gandhi often walked barefoot which produced an impressive set of callouses on his feet. He also ate very little, making him rather frail and with his odd diet he often suffered from bad breath. This made him a super calloused fragile mystic hexed with halitosis.

Mahatma Gandhi often walked barefoot which produced an impressive set of callouses on his feet. He also ate very little, making him rather frail and with his odd diet he often suffered from bad breath. This made him a super calloused fragile mystic hexed with halitosis.
😅Well that's a first I've ever heard of that definition of the word!👍 That said, I really enjoyed seeing the movie "Ghandi" many years ago.
Hey, I took this picture today on my six mile loop walk in Gulf State park. It reminded me of you and your little camper.😊
IMG_20220106_130002240_HDR.jpg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hey, I took this picture today on my six mile loop walk in Gulf State park. It reminded me of you and your little camper.
That's a fancier version of the next larger model by the same manufacturer. I was given a tour by an owner. He said that in this trailer if you dropped the soap in the shower you had room to bend over to pick it up.

That's a fancier version of the next larger model by the same manufacturer. I was given a tour by an owner. He said that in this trailer if you dropped the soap in the shower you had room to bend over to pick it up.
If the guy used liquid soap then bending over would not be a problem no matter how small the camper.😅

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks NYC...your selections have definitely whet my appetite. I am already reading "One flew over the cuckoo's nest" this week; it's a book I picked up at a resale shop. I'd seen the movie of the same name many years ago and last night I decided to re-watch it. It's a fascinating downer...if there is such a thing.🙄
I think I will read "Lord of the Pies" next, followed by "War and Peas"...and "Oliver twixt" for dessert.😋

Prepare for your next Camino on California's Santa Catalina Island, Oct 27 to Nov 2
Chris, be careful while in GS not to get caught between these:
lolcaption-funny-sign-wheelchair-alligator.jpg
Sometimes I don't know where you come up with this stuff, Rick. I think I'll be safe as there are no hills here.🙂 I've yet to see a gator, snake, or armadillo...I did see Turga sunning himself on a log though.🐢

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I have too. The MASH surgeons have dexterous hands and so they have to defuse a badly dropped American bomb when the bomb squad is too busy. They have a manual. I have a feeling it was a real manual.
With so many people changing careers over the last few years I was a bit suspicious of the electrician who did a bit of work around the house recently.
I shouldn't have worried...he baked a great cake.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I have too. The MASH surgeons have dexterous hands and so they have to defuse a badly dropped American bomb when the bomb squad is too busy. They have a manual. I have a feeling it was a real manual.
That video was too short...then what happened? I'll assume it was the final episode of "Mash".

I shouldn't have worried...he baked a great cake.

Are you sure, Rick?
I just did a comparisin google search and Lt. Col. Henry on Mash died in a plane crash in March, 1975.
J.R. Ewing was shot in an episode airing in November, 1980, but I din't think he died. Either way it happened later.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

€46,-
...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
I need some help from the women of the Not Serious.

A couple of nights ago Peg pulled down some Jambalaya mix. It's muy picante and she knows it and personally it doesn't bother her but she knows that sometimes I will refuse to eat stuff too hot. She mixed extra rice with it and it sort of worked; a little hotter and I would have found it intolerable.

Here's the help I need: I need an interpreter expert in the language of love to tell me how I should react to this statement of Peg's.

"Seeing as you didn't like it I won't buy it again ... ... ... unless it's on a good sale."

A couple of nights ago Peg pulled down some Jambalaya mix. It's muy picante and she knows it and personally it doesn't bother her but she knows that sometimes I will refuse to eat stuff too hot. She mixed extra rice with it and it sort of worked; a little hotter and I would have found it intolerable.

Here's the help I need: I need an interpreter expert in the language of love to tell me how I should react to this statement of Peg's.

"Seeing as you didn't like it I won't buy it again ... ... ... unless it's on a good sale."
I can't help on the gender issue but perhaps I can help.on womens thinking.

Wife: I'm thinking of going shopping today.
Me: But we have no money.
Wife: There is a sale on.
Wife: I'll be making some savings.
Me: But we have no.money.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).

"Seeing as you didn't like it I won't buy it again ... ... ... unless it's on a good sale.
Peg is saying you are not her priority...sales come first of course. She loves them more than she loves you.
(I'm with you on not loving very spicy food. Think Brylcreem..."a little dab will do ya".)

I can't help on the gender issue but perhaps I can help.on womens thinking.

Wife: I'm thinking of going shopping today.
Wife: There is a sale on.
Wife: I'll be making some savings.
Me: But we have no.money.
A sale will always win out over a man...duh.🙄

But my darling it’s on sale!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ears are fine, provided that a) you are a cat person (most are not), and b) the cat likes you (actually that should be a) ... 🐈‍⬛ ; but I can manage it with most cats, sometimes even with stray, feral ones)

Legs ONLY if the cat is in need of some grooming assistance there (rare). Paws ONLY and only EVER if the cat actively and honestly wants it, i.e. you need to be a cat person in the first place to figure that one out.

Tail, well, generally NO -- and especially not if the cat hasn't accepted the legitimacy of your presence in its company .... Some cats hate it more than others.

€149,-
I used to earn 50p once a week or so for washing our neighbour's car, but I do know what shovelling a path through thick snowfall is like !!
Ahhh yes, memories of earning money for chores as a kid. I have quite a few. Shoveling snow was definitely one of them for me. I liked doing it at night when the nearby street light made the fresh fallen, powdery snow glisten like diamonds.

Edit...I had other ways of earning a few coins, too...dishes, vacuum, dusting.😛

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Netflix Brazil are planning to make a film version of Paulo Coelho's book "The Pilgrimage". I've started reading the book several times and never managed more than a few pages before giving up. I...
Just finished walking the Camino Ingles/Camino Finisterre ( now languishing in the Seminario Menor in Santiago) I witnessed something a few days ago that I simply have to share. Walking with two...
As I've been reflecting on my Camino's, I've been creating a list of memorable climbs on the routes that I've walked. Some were long, steep, long and steep. Sometimes it's the conditions or the...
For the foodies! https://english.elpais.com/lifestyle/2024-06-06/disfrutar-the-new-best-restaurant-in-the-world-is-in-barcelona.html?outputType=amp# And no, there’s no pilgrim discounts!
I'm hoping to embark on my first Camino (Frances) in July/August. I'd like to stay at albergues but also perhaps have some privacy once in a while via booking some of the private rooms at...
I know many like to avoid crowds, but some may like to ‘get involved’, so to advise/warn there are some big football matches being played by the Spanish National team in Euro 2024 coming up that...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back