• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Way - part 2. Any news?

Time of past OR future Camino
VdlP(2012) Madrid(2014)Frances(2015) VdlP(2016)
VdlP(2017)Madrid/Sanabres/Frances reverse(2018)
I remember reading earlier in the year, that Emilio Estevez was returning to Spain in the fall to shoot the sequel. I‘m wondering if it happened. Any sightings?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I remember reading earlier in the year, that Emilio Estevez was returning to Spain in the fall to shoot the sequel. I‘m wondering if it happened. Any sightings?
Wow! I saw a guy and I was really sure it was Emilio Estevez. My husband wasn't so sure. It was just before Arzúa when I saw him sitting on a bench having a snack so I asked him if his name was Emilio. He said no, it's Carlos. But that's what a celebrity would say anyway. I'm sure he thought we were stalking him because we saw him several more times at breakfast stops or in towns. He continued on to Fisterra too because we saw him after Santiago de Compostela also. I knew it was him! The photo (only from the back because I didn't want to look like a stalker!) was taken on October 3rd this year.
I really wished I'd asked him for a selfie now.

Attachments

• IMG_20231003_102505~2.jpg
    IMG_20231003_102505~2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 185
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
On top those sightings Emilio’s son lives in Spain, near Burgos I think. He was the “body in the bag” in the mourge scene in The Way.

Wow! I saw a guy and I was really sure it was Emilio Estevez. My husband wasn't so sure. It was just before Arzúa when I saw him sitting on a bench having a snack so I asked him if his name was Emilio. He said no, it's Carlos. But that's what a celebrity would say anyway. I'm sure he thought we were stalking him because we saw him several more times at breakfast stops or in towns. He continued on to Fisterra too because we saw him after Santiago de Compostela also. I knew it was him! The photo (only from the back because I didn't want to look like a stalker!) was taken on October 3rd this year.
I really wished I'd asked him for a selfie now.
For sure, that HAS to be him!! What does everyone else think? 😘

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Warning--this is from memory from ten years ago. Please feel free to correct me.

I stayed in an albergue of sorts, called El Molino, outside of Hornillos del Camino. The owners, who did not speak any English, picked me and three other pilgrims (who I did not know) up in Hornillos del Camino and drove us 10 kilometers to their establishment.

It was a converted sawmill set in grove of trees. When we walked inside the front door, the walls were covered with family photos, but oddly Martin Sheen randomly appeared in many of them. When we were shown the kitchen, I turned to other pilgrims and said, "Do you recognize this kitchen from The Way?"

They all agreed that the kitchen appeared in the movie. Suddenly the family photos with Martin Sheen in them made sense. He obviously was kind enough to pose with the family.

Embarrassingly, I found out in O 'Cebreiro from a couple who lived in Los Angles that Martin Sheen's grandson had married the daughter of the couple who owned El Molino.

So, the photos that contained Martin Sheen were actually family photos.

I stayed in an albergue of sorts, called El Molino, outside of Hornillos del Camino.
I hoped to stay there in 2018, and just turned up. But it was closed.
IMG_7450 4.jpeg
Your memory is fine.
(I might be helping to derail my own thread here).

Warning--this is from memory from ten years ago. Please feel free to correct me.

I stayed in an albergue of sorts, called El Molino, outside of Hornillos del Camino. The owners, who did not speak any English, picked me and three other pilgrims (who I did not know) up in Hornillos del Camino and drove us 10 kilometers to their establishment.

It was a converted sawmill set in grove of trees. When we walked inside the front door, the walls were covered with family photos, but oddly Martin Sheen randomly appeared in many of them. When we were shown the kitchen, I turned to other pilgrims and said, "Do you recognize this kitchen from The Way?"

They all agreed that the kitchen appeared in the movie. Suddenly the family photos with Martin Sheen in them made sense. He obviously was kind enough to pose with the family.

Embarrassingly, I found out in O 'Cebreiro from a couple who lived in Los Angles that Martin Sheen's grandson had married the daughter of the couple who owned El Molino.

So, the photos that contained Martin Sheen were actually family photos.
Is it featured in the scene where the Joost character takes over the kitchen of an albergue?

(Nerd alert here :))

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I can beat that. A year ago I walked for awhile after O Cebeiro with Santiago himself!!! Looked exactly like him clothes hat staff bushy beard speaking perfect Spanish. But no calabash full of water. . Turned out he was a retired US Air Force general. You never know who you might meet on the Camino. Buen Camino

I could have asked James Nesbitt in September but it turned out not to be in the cards.

Peg and I flew from Belfast to London on The Way home. We had a lovely and talkative companion in the aisle seat of our row. When we landed we were herded onto a bus to take us to the terminal and we were seated near our companion again but not next to her. In the terminal she sort of enthusiasticly* mentions that she was seated behind a famous Irish actor. I asked "Who?". She pointed out a man walking away from us on the other side of a glass wall and said "James Nesbitt". So we got to see the back of his head and if we had shouted out a "Buen Camino" he wouldn't have been able to hear us.

* Part of her excitement was due to her knowing someone who often sees Nesbitt when flying between the isles and this was her first time.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
There is an actor strike on now and before a writers strike so that could have slowed things in Hollywood.
Even though now over, your observation would definitely be correct.
A short clip of Martin Sheen at a SAG rally in August...

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back