• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Third times a charm

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Beginning the Camino Del Norte in Irun on the 25th of September. My previous two Caminos were the Frances in 2016 and 2018 both done in April/May. Fall will be a new experience for me as will the Norte.
Best of luck to you. Buen Camino!

Beginning the Camino Del Norte in Irun on the 25th of September. My previous two Caminos were the Frances in 2016 and 2018 both done in April/May. Fall will be a new experience for me as will the Norte.
Buen Camino!! I hope you thoroughly enjoy it.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Hello John. Just a bit curious here. How was the weather in April for your previous Caminos?

Hello John, was wondering if you left first week of April either time as this is when I am walking next year. Trying to get a feel for early April weather (days and nights). Thanks 😀

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I walked the Frances April/May 2018, started April 7 in Pamplona. Pamplona to Zariquiegui- rain, Estella-rain, Logrono to Navarette - rain ( altho the woman running Albergue Sombra del Laurel said previous year they had no rain the whole month) Burgos to Hornillos- rain, then the sun came out till Vega de Valcarce April 29 when things got really weird drizzle turned to snow! Photo is of me crossing into Galicia on April 30, i stayed in Linares a bit past O’Cebreiro it hailed then a light dusting. Woke the next day to bright sunshine and aside from a quick shower in San Mamed the rest of my Camino was beauitful!! My friend commented I walked all 4 seasons in 37 days! I loved every day! I leave for #2 in 9 days, hoping for more sunny days, but ya never know, either way walking the Camino in any weather is spectacular !!!

Attachments

• FDBB48CB-3964-4449-9132-339C95D0E3F2.jpeg
    FDBB48CB-3964-4449-9132-339C95D0E3F2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
There is also a youtube video “Walking Man - life on the Camino” it was filmed April/May 2014.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
For Dani7 and BBO I was there in the first week of April in 2017 and later in April in 2018. I was very lucky in 2017 and encountered almost no rain and the temperature while cool in the morning once at freezing warmed up during the day and was ideal for the journey.
Buen Camino and good luck.

For Dani7 and BBO I was there in the first week of April in 2017 and later in April in 2018. I was very lucky in 2017 and encountered almost no rain and the temperature while cool in the morning once at freezing warmed up during the day and was ideal for the journey.
Buen Camino and good luck.
Appreciate your reply. Thank you John. 👍😀

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.