• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

This may be a bad sign - Google street view

GerryDel

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, July 2014
I finished my Camino last month. Tonight I got on Google Street view and retraced parts of the Camino near Pamplona. I can see pilgrims walking the Camino at whatever time this was last updated. I think I may be addicted. What's the cure?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Cure?
If you find one, please let us all know :)
I know a guy who "walks" this and other caminos around the world for eleven months of the year, and is at "home" for just one month.
Just as long as your cure is simple, tastes of paella and chorizo washed down with cold white wine ....
Buen camino! [Again :D]

I finished my Camino last month. Tonight I got on Google Street view and retraced parts of the Camino near Pamplona. I can see pilgrims walking the Camino at whatever time this was last updated. I think I may be addicted. What's the cure?
oh my god,the first thing i do when i get in from work is to get the laptop out to check out this site check again before bedtime and first thing in the morning,this is from someone that did not see the need for modern gadgets like a lap top ?i usually just meet someone if i have a question or fancy a chat my phone is so basic i am blessed that it can still manage to receive text messages ,now here you are putting more ideas in the addicts head o_Obad man !!:D

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
oh my god,the first thing i do when i get in from work is to get the laptop out to check out this site check again before bedtime and first thing in the morning,this is from someone that did not see the need for modern gadgets like a lap top ?i usually just meet someone if i have a question or fancy a chat my phone is so basic i am blessed that it can still manage to receive text messages ,now here you are putting more ideas in the addicts head o_Obad man !!:D

Sorry about that. I got to Orisson last night and they have the perfect 360 view of the place. The weather in the picture was perfect. I saw the picnic table where my son and I stopped for lunch. It's just uncanny to be able to explore like that now.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Cure?
If you find one, please let us all know :)
I know a guy who "walks" this and other caminos around the world for eleven months of the year, and is at "home" for just one month.
Just as long as your cure is simple, tastes of paella and chorizo washed down with cold white wine ....
Buen camino! [Again :D]

I must be getting worse writing this: Stephen how does this guy manage to finance his eleven month per annum fantastic adventure and how does he cope in the month he remains at home?

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I must be getting worse writing this: Stephen how does this guy manage to finance his eleven month per annum fantastic adventure and how does he cope in the month he remains at home?
He lives very simply.
He always cooks his own food, and sleeps in albergues [on the camino].
He has no internet, so I can't even contact him, except by regular mail.
He has no car.
He told me he spends no more than if he lived at home, and manages on his fairly small pension.
Although he has children [adult] he has no wife.
To be honest, it wouldn't suit me .... I quite enjoy seeing my missus a few times each year ;). But having said that, I'd love to be able to walk much more - maybe for three months every year?
Buen camino, amigo!

Ha, that´s great GerryDel! You gotta channel your ¨Camino energy¨somehow, right? At least until you get back on the trail...
Enjoy!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back