A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Thoughts from Somewhere along the Way

Camino Badges

Kedney

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Portuguese
My wife Karen and I walked the Camino Frances for 42 days from May 2 to June 18. During that time we experienced hypothermia in the Pyrenees, a bad fall in Pamplona, and the best time of our lives! Our iPhone 8+ carried the Wise Pilgrim app, allowed me to keep a blog, take pictures and video, and edit the whole thing on the iPhone into a YouTube video. We didn’t chronicle each day, but simply put together thoughts as inspiration arose.

Camino(s) past & future
SJPP2Santiago completed (Sept.15, 2018).
My wife Karen and I walked the Camino Frances for 42 days from May 2 to June 18. During that time we experienced hypothermia in the Pyrenees, a bad fall in Pamplona, and the best time of our lives! Our iPhone 8+ carried the Wise Pilgrim app, allowed me to keep a blog, take pictures and video, and edit the whole thing on the iPhone into a YouTube video. We didn’t chronicle each day, but simply put together thoughts as inspiration arose.
Well done! I thoroughly enjoyed watching your video. It brought back the best memories of my own camino. What a privilege it is for any one to be able to experience such an adventure. Thank you for sharing yours with us.

RachelleS

Camino(s) past & future
Hoping for my Camino in Spring 2019!
I literally am 4 minutes into your video when I see this post, lol! It's fantastic so far and I'm looking forward to the rest. :)

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 to 2018
By jove! You GOT IT! IMHO, You perfectly nailed the entire raison d'etre of the Camino. Fabulous video. Should be required viewing...for all...

Thank you for doing this.

Camino(s) past & future
"CF May 5, 2019"
Nice video. My husband and I walked from St Jean to Santiago May 5 - June 12. I am surprised that we did not meet you along the way. Thanks for sharing! It brought back the great memories of our camino.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF2012,Le Puy/CF 2015 Portugues 2017 Norte 2018, CF 2019
Thank you so much for your Camino gift to all of us.

Kathy7

Camino(s) past & future
May-June (2019)
This is my first post. We walked May 1st to June 10th this year (then bus to Finesterre and rest). This video is AWESOME! It captures our camino as well. THANK YOU!!

Kathy7

Camino(s) past & future
May-June (2019)
This is my first post. We walked May 1st to June 10th this year (then bus to Finesterre and rest). This video is AWESOME! It captures our camino as well. THANK YOU!!
We love Kevin Codd's books! He is a parish priest in our town. He did a reading from his second book just before we left on Camino and he will preside at the annual St. James feast mass and pilgrim dinner here this month. Buen Camino!

RemysMimi

Hooked on the Camino!!
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2018)
Frances or Portuguese (2020)
Lovely!!! I remember all of these places. I am from Sacramento and was there last September/October.

Becky 59

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (May 2018)
Camino Ingles (Aug 2019)
Beautiful! Your video captures so much of the essence of the Way! Thanks for posting and sharing!

Adelina

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances - s'2018- Astorga to Santiago
Camino Frances - s' 2019- St Jean to Carrion
Truly enjoyable video that captured so much! I thank you for sharing and am hoping you are enjoying the bounty of the Central Valley at the moment!

mdelag

Camino(s) past & future
**CAMINO FRANCES: LEON-SANTIAGO sept. (2015)
**CAMINO FRANCES SJPP-SANTIAGO 2017
It is a very pretty video...just a little taste of your journey (in minutes) but it leaves a wonderful flavor of the Camino in our hearts. Thanks a lot for sharing...BUEN CAMINO ALWAYS 🎉👣🎉👣🎉

Scott Ptak

Camino(s) past & future
September (2019?)
I would simply like to say “thank you” for taking the time to create this beautiful video. Tears filled my eyes as I watched your journey unfold. You have captured the Camino in a poignant and meaningful way. Blessings and Buen Camino...

Unamica

Camino(s) past & future
March 2019
I loved this video and the way you edited it. And I agree with you about the Meseta. This was my favourite part of all.

My husband and I walked the Camino Frances in March this year. We have done many hikes before but the Camino is not just a hike. It changed me and I am learning every day just how much.

Anto

Camino(s) past & future
September 2017 SJPDP to Pamplona
Loved the video ,inspiring.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 155 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%