• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Translation help: http://www.autocaresartieda.com/?scc=svpr

flyfishin21

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what this website says in regards to transportation from Pamplona to Roncesvalles. We are looking to travel from Pamplona to Roncesvalles (or ideally Saint Jean Pied de Port) in mid-October.

I've read elsewhere that the bus runs from Pamplona to Roncesvalles monday-friday at 6pm and saturday at 4pm.

I also read that the bus does the following route (unsure what days of the week):
PAMPLONA 14:00
BURGUETE 14:45 14:45
RONCESVALLES 14:50 14:50
VALCARLOS 15:15 15:15
SAINT JEAN DE PIED DE PORT 15:45

Any translation help in regards to the bus schedule is much appreciated.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I clicked on the link to the Bus Roncevalles on the website and got the following information.
There is also a summer schedule but seeing as you mentioned mid-October, I've only translated the winter schedule.

From what I understand, this is the direct bus and does not call into any towns along the way.

HORARIO DE INVIERNO (Desde el 1 de sept. hasta el 30 de junio)
WINTER TIMETABLE (Sept 1 to June 30)

Pamplona - Roncesvalles

- Lunes-viernes: 18:00 h (Monday to Friday: 6pm)
Salida de la Estación de Autobuses de Pamplona (Departs Pamplona Bus Station)
C/ Yangüas y Miranda, 2 Pamplona (Centro ciudad) (City Centre address)

- Sábados: 16:00 h (Saturday: 4pm)
Salida de la Estación de Autobuses de Pamplona (Departs Pamplona Bus Station)
C/ Yangüas y Miranda, 2 Pamplona (Centro ciudad) (City Centre address)

- Domingos y Festivos: No hay servicio (No service Sundays or Festivals)

Roncesvalles - Pamplona
- Lunes a sábado: 09:20 h (Salida de Roncesvalles) (Monday to Saturday: 9:20 am Deprarts Roncevalles)
- Domingos y Festivos: No hay servicio (No service Sundays or Festivals)

Preguntas frecuentes: (FAQ)
- El trayecto tiene una duración de 1 hora y diez minutos aproximadamente.
- El precio es de: 6 euros / pasajero 6 euros / bicicleta

(The journey takes 1 hour and 10 minutes approx.
Fare is €6 per passenger, €6 per bicycle)

There is also a an indirect bus service that calls into several villages between Pamplona and Roncevalles. The buses leave Pamplona bus station at 9:30 am, 10am, 2pm, 4pm and 6pm.

Between April and September they advise arriving an hour-and-a-half to two hours before departure due to the large numbers of pilgrims. You can buy your tickets at the station or online.

There is a link to another site: http://www.autobusesdenavarra.com
where you can check the timetable or order tickets.

I had a look on this site for a bus from Pamplona to St Jean and while I found a service leaving Pamplona at 2pm, this was on the summer schedule and with another bus company.

I hope this has been of some help and I'm sure others with experience of taking the bus will be able to offer their insights too.

Darran

Thanks Darran. Another question for you. In regards to "there is also a an indirect bus service that calls into several villages between Pamplona and Roncevalles. The buses leave Pamplona bus station at 9:30 am, 10am, 2pm, 4pm and 6pm."

Does it say if that's the winter schedule and if it runs daily?

Thanks again. Very helpful.

Carl

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
There is also a an indirect bus service that calls into several villages between Pamplona and Roncevalles. The buses leave Pamplona bus station at 9:30 am, 10am, 2pm, 4pm and 6pm.
Most of these buses are seasonal, so you need to check your specific date. For example, the 1400 run is Christmas week only!

The 1800 bus is the only consistent weekday run (1600 on Saturday), and no Sunday service.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Consider changing your itinerary, is it fair to have a peek at the Camino before actually arriving on foot? Just joking, San Sebastian first, not Pamplona, a wonderful evening in a beautiful seaside town, it some of the best tapas in all of Spain, next morning train to Hendaye cross through the station into France (3 minutes) for the waiting train on to Bayonne and a bus from there to St Jean.

The bus from Pamplona (City Center Bus station) to St. Jean Pied-de-Port runs daily at 14.00 during high pilgrimage season from June 1 to September 30.
You can book one month in advance of your expected date of departure.

Conda Bus company
http://www.conda.es/detalle-noticias-empresa.php?id=204

NOTICIAS

Servicio Pamplona - Saint Jean de Pied de Port desde 1/06 hasta 30/09

2012-05-20

Autobús de Pamplona a Saint Jean de Pied de Port

Efectuará una salida diaria desde Pamplona a las 14.00 horas y el regreso a las 16.00.

Pamplona, 20 de mayo.- Con la llegada del verano, la Compañía Navarra de Autobuses (CONDA) pone en marcha su servicio de autobús entre Pamplona y la localidad francesa de Saint Jean de Pied de Port. El servicio comenzará a operar el próximo viernes, día 1 de junio, y funcionará hasta el próximo 30 de septiembre.

Efectuará una expedición diaria en cada sentido, con salida de la Estación de Autobuses de la capital navarra a las 14.00 horas y regreso de Saint Jean a las 16.00. El precio de cada trayecto es de 15 euros.

Este servicio esta especialmente ideado para atender a los numerosos peregrinos del Camino de Santiago que durante el verano inician la ruta jacobea en la localidad francesa. Permite a los viajeros que acceden a Pamplona desde distintos puntos de España (Madrid, Barcelona, Zaragoza, San Sebastián y la ribera de navarra) conectar directamente con Saint Jean, situándose en la cabecera del Camino Francés con solo cambiar de autobús en la misma estación de autobuses.

Para más información sobre este servicio haz click aquí

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
scruffy1 said:
it some of the best tapas in all of Spain.
Scruffy dear...San Sebastian has PINTXOS...didn't you see The Way? :roll:

falcon269 said:
Most of these buses are seasonal, so you need to check your specific date. For example, the 1400 run is Christmas week only!

The 1800 bus is the only consistent weekday run (1600 on Saturday), and no Sunday service.

Thanks for pointing this out Falcon. I glanced rather too quickly at the bus schedule and didn't check all the dates. :oops: Apologies for the misleading information.

Most read last week in this forum

A message has just been posted on the Facebook account of the albergue in Roncesvalles. It seems the combination of pilgrim numbers beyond their capacity and poor weather has made this a difficult...
I’m on the Camino Frances since April 4. I just finished the Meseta and it feels unpleasantly busy and has since the beginning. No time time to smell the roses or draw much. There is a sense from...
The group running the albergue in the ruins of the San Anton monastery near Castrojeriz have announced that the albergue and the ruins will be closed from 1 May until the ruins have been made...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and there's one bit of it that worries me. The descent from Collado de Lepoeder to Roncesvalles seems quite steep (according to the Wise Pilgrim app) which...
We are in SJPP today While we were standing in line today, one of my pilgrims met 3 people from Taiwan, who could not find a bed. He said he also saw several people on their phones, frantically...
Good morning, all: I'll be starting my first-ever Camino (and first trip to Europe, actually) in one month. I'd appreciate any and all advice regarding the price(s)/price range for lunches on the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back