• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

travel advice

stevie.

I am flying to Alicante, and wondered if anyone knows how far the airport is from the bus station or train station and also whether or not their is more than one bus or train daily to Pamplona and/or Roncesvalles from Alicante, as I plan to start my pilgrimage from Roncesvalles. Hopefully someone will be able to advice me as the bus/train timetable online is not clear at all. Thanks Stevie

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello Stevie,
There are buses from the Airport at Alicante to Pamplona.
There is one that leaves at 8h15 and arrives in Pamplona at 18h15 - costs 31,91 €
And another that leave at 20:20 and arrives at 05:35
Check out the Bilman Bus Company - http://www.bilmanbus.es/

From Pamplona you can get the 6pm bus to Roncesvalles, or email Caroline at Express Burricot who collects pilgrims every day from the bus station and takes them to Roncesvalles and St Jean in her mini-bus taxi. She charges according to the number in her taxi.

thank you for finding that out for me.seems the hardest thing is getting on the the route .i,m looking forward to it.2 weeks this year and 2 nxt.
keep the faith steven.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Stevie - I would recommend taking the overnight bus so that you don't have to fork out for hotels either end. You could have a nice cup of hot chocolat in Pamplona, have a look around, and then get a lift to Roncesvalles with Caroline around 11am. email her to book a seat at: apcaroline@hotmail.com
If you can get there early, it would be really worthwhile walking 3km up the road to the Ibaneta Pass where the road route and the Route Napoleon merge. Here you can see the monument to Roland and stunning views into France.
Back at Roncesvalles, have a look for the mason signs in the stones next to the doorway that leads into the museum. At the field to the left of the church you will see the remaining walls of the original hospice, which was demolished in the 1600’s. Some of the stones were recycled to build the collegiate church and these are the stones with signs carved into them. The cobbled street you walk on was built where the enclosing wall used to stand.
There is a lovely statue of Santiago Peregrino in the church with a faded painting of a Pelican underneath the statue. The Pelican legend was adopted into Christianity around the 2nd century and appears in the Physiologus, a Christian adaptation of popular animal legends and symbols.
According to the legend, in a time of famine a mother pelican would peck her own breast to draw blood to give to her chicks. Thus the pelican symbol in Christianity, also called Pelican-in-her-piety, symbolizes the sacrifice of Christ on the cross (because he gave his blood for others) as well as the Eucharist (because it represents Christ's blood and provides spiritual nourishment).
The pilgrim office in Roncesvalles closes between 1pm and 4pm so you might have time to register and get a slip for your bed before they close.

I THINK I WILL TAKE THE NIGHT BUS AT 8.20 P.M ON THE FRIDAY NIGHT .DO YOU THINK I HAVE TO BOOK IT; OR JUST HOPE ITS QUIET? LIKE THAT INFO ABOUT THE PELICAN.

omnia possibilia sunt credenti EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE FOR ANYONE WHO HAS FAITH....

When are you travelling Stevie? If it is soon, I would book a seat. You can do so on the website.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
My apologies Ivar! We are going to have to get used to all the services you offer!

sillydoll said:
My apologies Ivar! We are going to have to get used to all the services you offer!
No apologies! Since it was new today, I just thought i would let everyone know that I can now book buses as well. Many feel like they would like to book things themselves (in this case directly on the bus company website), and that is fine. But for those that would like some help to get things booked, I am here to help.

Saludos,
Ivar

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
get in 2 alicante fri morning on 8 th may . my dad stays in benidorm so i will spend the day with him and get night bus at 20.20 hrs .... i,ll take your advice and book the bus...ta as they say in scotland

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back