• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Travel Share from Pamplona to St. Jean Pied de Port

RenPen

Time of past OR future Camino
Depart from St. Jean Pied de Port on May 27
I have not purchased my rail ticket yet, but hope to depart Barcelona and arrive in Pamplona between 1-2PM on Thursday, May 26th. Would anyone like to share taxi or Bourricot transportation? Thanks, René

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You are of course aware that the bus to SJPdP leaves from Pamplona bus station at 1430 and 1730.

You are of course aware that the bus to SJPdP leaves from Pamplona bus station at 1430 and 1730.

I am now, thanks! I had read somewhere that the bus was only traveling between there from June 1st to Sept 30. Thanks for your help!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
What bus? Name and Where? I'll be arriving by train from Madrid at 10:38 am on Thursday, May 19th. Where do I go from there to catch the 14:30 bus to SJPP? Thank you from anyone who can answer my question. Anxious! Bobby

As far as I know Caroline at Express Bourricot can only take passengers from France to Spain, not pick up from Spain to France. At least that was the case in 2012 when I was speaking to her and the Spanish had cracked down on "foreigners" because the Spanish taxi drivers had complained.

The bus. Departing Pamplona bus station as stated above. Stop panicking / dispense with the anxiety! Take a few deep breaths. Read the information here https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...to-roncesvalles-and-sjpdp-via-pamplona.23395/ Its about a 20 minute walk from the rail station to the bus station. Then take a few more deep breaths (they are good for you) and remember, you are going to be walking along a well established trail towards a city that isn't going anywhere. Timing isn't that crucial. There is always another day.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
What bus? Name and Where? I'll be arriving by train from Madrid at 10:38 am on Thursday, May 19th. Where do I go from there to catch the 14:30 bus to SJPP? Thank you from anyone who can answer my question. Anxious! Bobby
If you have the "Go Euro" app it will give you options for Conda or Euro Lines. Alsa has a website too. (All those bus companies are in the same general location about 30 minutes walking distance from the train station). Buses leave at 2:30 and 5:30 in the afternoon. If you choose Alsa, pay with PayPal. There seems to be some difficulty with their credit card system. Hope this helps. I just purchased my bus ticket this morning.

https://www.alsa.es/en/checkout?p_a...gerType-3=0&promoCode=&jsonAlsaPassPassenger=

As far as I know Caroline at Express Bourricot can only take passengers from France to Spain, not pick up from Spain to France. At least that was the case in 2012 when I was speaking to her and the Spanish had cracked down on "foreigners" because the Spanish taxi drivers had complained.
Yes, thank you. I received a reply from Bourricot this morning. You're experience is still correct.

The bus. Departing Pamplona bus station as stated above. Stop panicking / dispense with the anxiety! Take a few deep breaths. Read the information here https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...to-roncesvalles-and-sjpdp-via-pamplona.23395/ Its about a 20 minute walk from the rail station to the bus station. Then take a few more deep breaths (they are good for you) and remember, you are going to be walking along a well established trail towards a city that isn't going anywhere. Timing isn't that crucial. There is always another day.
Muchas Gracias! I tend toward the uber intense side of the spectrum: raced 27 marathons (7 Bostons, 3 NYs) and I am a competitive track runner now. My coach's constant comment to me as I train is: Relax Bobby! I think I know how to do it but sometimes old habits win out.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If you have the "Go Euro" app it will give you options for Conda or Euro Lines. Alsa has a website too. (All those bus companies are in the same general location about 30 minutes walking distance from the train station). Buses leave at 2:30 and 5:30 in the afternoon. If you choose Alsa, pay with PayPal. There seems to be some difficulty with their credit card system. Hope this helps. I just purchased my bus ticket this morning.

https://www.alsa.es/en/checkout?p_auth=omx3EVWG&p_p_id=PurchasePortlet_WAR_Alsaportlet&p_p_lifecycle=1&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=column-1&p_p_col_count=2&_PurchasePortlet_WAR_Alsaportlet_javax.portlet.action=searchJourneysAction&originForm=journeySearchForm&_JourneySearchPortlet_WAR_Alsaportlet_code=&serviceType=&accessible=0&originStationNameId=Pamplona&originStationId=93100&destinationStationNameId=Saint+Jean+de+Pied+de+Port&destinationStationId=9880&departureDate=05/17/2016&returnDate=&travelType=OUTWARD&passengerType-1=1&passengerType-2=0&passengerType-3=0&promoCode=&jsonAlsaPassPassenger=
Merci bien! This is all good stuff and comforting.

Take a taxi, local bus, or walk from Pamplona Renfe Station to Pamplona bus station. See google for a map.

CONDA (ALSA) is the service provider for the bus from Pamplona to SJPdP.

Pamplona train station
http://www.adif.es/es_ES/infraestructuras/estaciones/80100/informacion_000111.shtml

Pamplona bus station
http://www.estaciondeautobusesdepamplona.com/Inicio.aspx.html

CONDA
http://www.conda.es/

If I will take this bus at 14:30 can that day to start walk few kilometers? Seems like everyone is finishing around 15:00? What is the reason finish so early? Is it because of the accommodation? Lucie

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
If I will take this bus at 14:30 can that day to start walk few kilometers? Seems like everyone is finishing around 15:00? What is the reason finish so early? Is it because of the accommodation? Lucie

I don't think you'd make it to Valcarlos before dark. Orisson requires reservations. Hunto is about 3 km from SJPdP ... I don't know what their reservation policy is. Otherwise there is no place to stay.

I don't think you'd make it to Valcarlos before dark. Orisson requires reservations. Hunto is about 3 km from SJPdP ... I don't know what their reservation policy is. Otherwise there is no place to stay.
Ok, and do you know about the reservation in advance? Thank you Lucie

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Ok, and do you know about the reservation in advance? Thank you Lucie

Here is the info for Hunto. Both dormitory beds and individual rooms are offered. The web does not state that reservations are imperative but since space is limited it probably would be best to reserve.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back