• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Treksta shoes?

audge

Time of past OR future Camino
june 2013
Hi,
I am wondering if anyone has had experience with Treksta hiking shoes? I just got a pair of Treksta women's evolution 2. I haven't worn them outside yet because I am not sure thy are right. (didn't get them at REI) They have such a different feel, supposedly the latest and greatest in shape and arch support for the foot. Would love to hear people's experience with them.

Can't wait to start training in good shoes.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am on my third pair of Trekstas. I am wearing the Treksta Evolution GTX. The same as the ones you mentioned except they are Gortex. I really like them. I have previously worn a lot of different brands over the last 12 years of long distance walking. Just make sure you pair the right socks with them. They are worth every dollar if you ask me.

Hi Pilar, timely topic as I just bought a pair of Treksta shoes yesterday (Evolution 2 GTX - M) and another for my wife (Edict Evo GTX - W). They did appear comfortable.

Can I ask what you mean when you say wear them with the right socks? What would be the right socks? - Also, in your experience, do they take long to wear in? Thanks

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The heel cup is fairly rigid with less padding than some shoes I have worn. I like shorter socks in the summer but these shoes are more comfortable for me if my socks have more padding in the heel and are a little taller. I always wear wool.

Thanks for the information, Pilar. As we're going in summer we'd prefer light socks, so we'll try out both in advance.

I too am going in the summer, so I need lighter socks. I don't feel a problem at all in the heel so far. I am trying mine with some Super Feet insoles. The Treksta insoles are really good, but I want as much support as possible. I have a very wide foot and am having trouble finding the right shoes. So far the Trekstas feel ok, but they are a little tight at the top where they tie. Still looking for the perfect shoe for my short wide feet. These may or may not work....

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I also have a wide foot and have found the Vasque Breeze 2.0 mid-height hiking boot for women is working well so far. (yup, REI) You are right to test out socks. In my training I've found thiner is better for me, and the Wrightsocks, which have a built-in liner are the most comfortable. I have to use a liner with all socks and lots of Lanocaine or some barrier to avoid chaffing. Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello beautiful community; I’m starting my camino in exactly 7 days (May 8 - June 21 = 45 days) I’ll be doing FRANCES + SALVADOR + PRIMITIVO . Here’s my final packing list (excluding basic...
Hello, I'll be starting the Camino soon and my best option is to buy shoes in either Pamplona or SJPP. I will be leaving Pamplona on a Sunday at noon and arriving at SJPP around 2pm. My question...
I am new on the forum, though I have followed it for years in anticipation of walking. Twice planned, twice cancelled. Once again, I have bought tickets and my daughter and I hope to walk del...
Hello all. I am planning my first camino end of May. fly into Porto and head north. I plan on staying in Albergos and had a few questions. Should I being my own towel? How far in advance do I...
Has anyone used the phone service "Holafly" during their Camino? Apparently it is a phone plan which eliminates the high cost of roaming charges and international phone plans offered from many...
Hi, I start my Camino from Oviedo on Sunday the 23rd of June. I was hoping to buy some hiking poles from the Decathlon store, but it doesn’t seem to open on a Sunday, nor do the other hiking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.